Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:15 pm

Anonymous wrote:I applied for the last SIA stewardess intake, but was eliminated in the kerbaya round... Most likely to due to my skin allergy, because they are veri obvius. Now my skin is in a better condition... Can anyone help me whether i should re-apply this time round??? :?

hey i was also eliminated in the kebaya round =( perhaps you wanna exchange email? i'm contemplating whether to apply again

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

scars

Post by joop » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:does jetstarasia emphasize a lot on face scars?
I would be frightened to be served by a flight attendant with a face full of scars...won't you? :roll:
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Re: scars

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 1:38 pm

joop wrote:
Anonymous wrote:does jetstarasia emphasize a lot on face scars?
I would be frightened to be served by a flight attendant with a face full of scars...won't you? :roll:

Hahah..i will be.But i mean if the scar is not on the face but like along the jawline where u cant see it on the front,is it considered pretty bad too?And it's just one small scar

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: scars

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 1:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hahah..i will be.But i mean if the scar is not on the face but like along the jawline where u cant see it on the front,is it considered pretty bad too?And it's just one small scar
Guest, here is the real deal. If SIA tried to pull off what it is doing in terms of recruitment in the US or the UK, they would get their asses sued off for arbitrary discrimination.

SIA wants pretty faces, people who will always smile pleasantly even when working with nasty customers. So, ask yourself... look in the mirror... do you look pretty? Would your scars draw attention from your pretty self to the scar? If the answer is yes, then SIA, being the discriminatory sort that they are, will not hire you. If the answer is no, then your scar is not prominent.

Remember, they are looking for an attractive appearance overall. What's your total package?

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 2:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I applied for the last SIA stewardess intake, but was eliminated in the kerbaya round... Most likely to due to my skin allergy, because they are veri obvius. Now my skin is in a better condition... Can anyone help me whether i should re-apply this time round??? :?

hey i was also eliminated in the kebaya round =( perhaps you want to exchange email? i'm contemplating whether to apply again
Sure.. My email : [email protected]
Do drop me a mail. :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 5:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
rpammi wrote:your aunty joined at 35 or what ?? ehhehee..dunt tell me she went for the interview at 35 ???

anyway ,,yeah lah just put 2 yrs when u tick at monster.com for jetstar....i did it so many many times.... got very pissed ,,kept calling monster Lol,,,then i realised tht evry ervy single thing needs to be filled.... try again,, nvr know we might jus tend up together hehehehhehee

hahahaha...thanks i'll go and try it out again.Really pissed.U know there's so many things to fill up.until i want to vomit.
My auntie was an ex-SQ gal when she was young... And yes, she joined jetstar that time she was thirty plus.. Coz if i'm not wrong, they will look at the experience and look you have.. =)
go give it a try lah! =)
If you didn't try, you never know... =)

Leto

Post by Leto » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 5:07 pm

Dear all,

SIA is recruiting again, this time both Stewards & Stewardess. Very challenging like it has always been.

After reading through, can see that many are very keen to be part of us. Many are interested but are asking questions about their scars, their age, their height, and so on. Really many questions.

Tell you frankly, there are pretty girls in SIA, but not all the Stewardess are pretty girls. We have some girls who look pleasant, was selected, but after joining SIA, deterioated badly, in the way that their skin cannot take the great change in temperatures & weather in different countries they travel to, their health cannot take the great change in pressure when the plane land and started to fly. And at times due to some long flight, the girls have to put on thick makeup to sleep or stay overnight, and this cause their face to have serious breaouts for the next few weeks.

So, yes, you have to look good enough to join SIA. But after getting in, maintaining is very important too.

I am here just to share with the people here problems encountered by the Stewardess after making it into SIA. So people here get a real good picture of what is actually happening to you after you join. Then again, not everyone suffer the same thing, those with good complexion, have no problem at all.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 6:52 pm

This message is for rpammi; being accepted by an airline at age 35 is no big deal and no big surprise. British Airways accept any age between 18 and 59. Some of you of you may feel offended, but it seems many employers in Singapore still have this 'you are over the hill when you are 30+ mentatlity'. That is not to say it does not happen in the UK, it does, but things are changing albeit with a few problems.

Best Wishes,

Plavt.

Re: Age

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:32 pm

Plavt wrote:This message is for guesti; being accepted by an airline at age 35 is no big deal and no big surprise. British Airways accept any age between 18 and 59. Some of you of you may feel offended, but it seems many employers in Singapore still have this 'you are over the hill when you are 30+ mentatlity'. That is not to say it does not happen in the UK, it does, but things are changing albeit with a few problems.

Best Wishes,

Plavt.

Post by Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Plavt wrote:This message is for guest; being accepted by an airline at age 35 is no big deal and no big surprise. British Airways accept any age between 18 and 59. Some of you of you may feel offended, but it seems many employers in Singapore still have this 'you are over the hill when you are 30+ mentatlity'. That is not to say it does not happen in the UK, it does, but things are changing albeit with a few problems.

Best Wishes,

Plavt.

Sia

SIA entry requirements

Post by Sia » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:43 pm

Hi there,
I have 3 credits in O levels, got a diploma and degree from Australia and have several years of hospitality industry experience. Do u think I will qualify for the position as Flight Stewardess?
Thank you

Post by Guest » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:08 am

rpammi wrote:just wondering,,y do airlines,,dont note tht applying candidates ,have to be single,,and the age range...does tht mean tht 28 or 29 yr olds can still apply,,wat abt married slim women???
anyone knows what kind of girls do JetStar ,Silkair take in ??? anyone,married n still flying ??
hi, just give it a try. for local stewardess for airlines like SIA, silkair, valuair, the age isn't a big big issue. have girls who are 27, 28, 29 years old and they were accepted by SIA.

it is only for non-singaporean stewardess, that the age need to to 26 or 25 and below.

all the best! just keep trying

Blue

Re: Silkair Interview

Post by Blue » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:25 am

guest~ wrote:Have anyone received the invitation (letter or call?) from Silkair for the 3rd Interview?
I did. Got it today 14th June (Tue). It's the swimming test in the next round.

Post by Guest » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:26 am

Anonymous wrote:
Plavt wrote:This message is for guest; being accepted by an airline at age 35 is no big deal and no big surprise. British Airways accept any age between 18 and 59. Some of you of you may feel offended, but it seems many employers in Singapore still have this 'you are over the hill when you are 30+ mentatlity'. That is not to say it does not happen in the UK, it does, but things are changing albeit with a few problems.

Best Wishes,

Plavt.

Catmeat

Re: Silkair Interview

Post by Catmeat » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:47 am

Blue wrote:
guest~ wrote:Have anyone received the invitation (letter or call?) from Silkair for the 3rd Interview?
I did. Got it today 14th June (Tue). It's the swimming test in the next round.
wow lucky u! they called u?