Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol:

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Flight Stewards

Post by ryanstarr » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 5:49 pm

Hi, I'm new here! Just wondering if the guys have to go through as many interviews as the girls. Can anyone out there enlighten me? Thanks! :)

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 6:28 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Below is a joke about Singapore Girls. To the prospective Singapore Girls, try to change this image.

One American airline company was very impressed with the SIA air-stewardesses and wanted to find out how SIA selected their Singapore Girls. So one fine day, they sent one of their management guy to attend a SIA interview session. The secret of SIA success finally transpired during the interview....

Interviewer: What were you doing before applying for this sacred job?

Interviewee: Study lor....

When the person came out from the interview room he was so impressed for he had never expected that all SIA girls had actually studied law before becoming an air-stewardess.
:lol:

Ryan - nope, the guys don't have to go through any tests - they just need to be buffed. Lucky you!
One in the hand is worth two of something

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 8:30 am

Buffed? Do you mean like muscular? Thank you for your prompt reply, Quasi. I'll let my friend know right away... :)

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 8:39 am

On the topic of jokes about the Singapore Girl, a pax once asked my colleague, "Do you have Jack Daniels onboard?" She replied, "Wait, let me check the passenger list." :D

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 9:36 am

Thanks for all the jokes ... :P

My friend went to the management interview yesterday and updated that 10 out of 12 got the job. Quite high % .. :)

She failed her psychommetric test and has to retake. There is no such things as 100% pass for psychommetric test. :lol:

Good luck for the rest of the potential FAs for the next managment interview.

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:35 am

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Why has it been very quiet down here?
Dear Singaporegrrl,

When the next recruitment come by, it will be crowded and flooded with people again. No worries! Haven't seen Silk Air recruitment yet. Think have to wait until Feb.

Best regards,
Julie Tan
hihi Singapore girl and my motivator, Julie,
i am waiting for the next recruitment, meanwhile reflecting on my flaws and doing some self improvement.. but i am still following through this forum..
Julie! misses...=)

Cheers,
Jerlyn

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:58 am

jerlyn wrote:hihi Singapore girl and my motivator, Julie,
i am waiting for the next recruitment, meanwhile reflecting on my flaws and doing some self improvement.. but i am still following through this forum..
Julie! misses...=)

Cheers,
Jerlyn
Heyz same here! Anyways do you look out for TODAY newspapers? SilkAir usually post their recruitment drive information on a Friday or a Saturday. Meanwhile, I'm only keeping a look out at their website everyday!

By the way, here's another good link for the hopeful Singapore Girls but I guess everyone's gonna be interested:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/gsingapo ... /flash.htm
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks singaporegrrl for her sharing

I do have something to share too.. hope it helps.

http://staging.travelandleisure.com/art ... 2CD7BB6CAF

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 4:41 pm

That article is very interesting and one I read myself some time ago but could not retrieve it for some reason. One small point is I think the training has been reduced to three months although I do know the cabin crew number on 747's has been reduced by 1.

SK22,
That article has some interesting information and again one I remember reading myself do be aware though it is six years old and perhaps gives an over glamorous image.

All the same both articles are worth reading and good to know that you both can be troubled to do something sensible. Wishing you well with your endeavors.

Plavt.

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:11 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
jerlyn wrote:hihi Singapore girl and my motivator, Julie,
Julie! misses...=)

Cheers,
Jerlyn
Heyz same here! Anyways do you look out for TODAY newspapers? SilkAir usually post their recruitment drive information on a Friday or a Saturday. Meanwhile, I'm only keeping a look out at their website everyday!

By the way, here's another good link for the hopeful Singapore Girls but I guess everyone's gonna be interested:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/gsingapo ... /flash.htm
thks dear..
we'll update each other...have faith!
cheers,
jerlyn

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 4:00 pm

jerlyn wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Why has it been very quiet down here?
Dear Singaporegrrl,

When the next recruitment come by, it will be crowded and flooded with people again. No worries! Haven't seen Silk Air recruitment yet. Think have to wait until Feb.

Best regards,
Julie Tan
hihi Singapore girl and my motivator, Julie,
Julie! misses...=)

Cheers,
Jerlyn
Hi Jerlyn,
Julie's comp was down.. dats y these few days didnt see her post...
I miss her tooo..... :(

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

donno
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Post by donno » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 5:06 pm

hello..

i'm new here.. i am male.. i'm waiting for o level results and wondering which poly course will SIA prefer?

do u think it is advisable to be steward?? this is what i always want to be..

can tell me more about the criteria..
such as body type(muscular n toned)
or the face.. should i have clear complexion?

i'm a weak swimmer, but i'm not afraid of water.. can i qualify??

please reply my message..
i appreciate that..
thanks

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: hi

Post by Plavt » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 5:30 pm

quote="donno"]hello..
i'm new here.. i am male.. i'm waiting for o level results and wondering which poly course will SIA prefer?
Why don't you go to their website and find out what the entry criteria is?
do u think it is advisable to be steward??
This is for you to decide is it not?
can tell me more about the criteria..
Refer to first statement.
such as body type(muscular n toned)
Have you never been to the airport and seen a steward? The airport is that big thing at the end of the MRT.
or the face.. should i have clear complexion?
Try asking a steward.
i'm a weak swimmer, but i'm not afraid of water.. can i qualify??
OMG not again - there has already been a long discussion about this on this board. Use your imagination if a plane ditches in rough seas along with panicking passengers what do you think?

Looks like you have some serious thinking to do and some work!

Plavt.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 6:05 pm

I agree. Different airlines have different criterias, be it age, educational qualification, etc. You really have to look at their website and find out what their exact criterias are. Like I've said so many times already, if you wish to be someone you desire to be, you must not be lazy. It requires alot of homework and research. Internet is the best tool you can work with. Ever wonder where I find links that give me information about FAs (especially from SIA)? Try Yahoo! and Google for a start. Since you've just finished O Levels, I assume you're still too young to be a FA since you mentioned you want to pursue polytechnic education. It doesn't matter which diploma you're taking coz if you don't find being FA suits you in the future, you have a backup plan with your qualification in hand. Think of something else you're interested in besides being FA, then pursue that diploma. Then you'll have 3 years of studies before you apply to be a FA. 3 years is really a long time for you to brush up your swimming proficiency. Like what Plavt said, try going to the airport. Being in Singapore, you don't consider the airport to be very far, do you? Talk to the stewards who have just landed onto Singapore. They may have some time for you before they head home. Think of every means that you think could help you in becoming a FA in future. Good luck!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?