Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:10 am

i also didnt receive any email fr SIA... do u think i shd email them my application again & at the same time asked them if they had received my application? i send on the 23rd sep night...

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 1:21 am

hmm u mean must wear suit? i heard from my stewards frends they say just wear shirt n tie can liao.

Vinegar

Dress Code

Post by Vinegar » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 8:49 am

Hi all

Its my first time going for the interview.
For those who have gone for the interview at SIA is it true that majority wear suit? coz im intending to wear smart casual. I find that wear suit will look stiff also..

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 9:31 am

hi Lein,

Congrats! :)

hi mahalo21,

A lady attended to my call. She was very helpful and kind, patiently obtained my name and I/C no.
I think she went into their system to check the name list.
What is yr edu qualification? when you sent in?
Happy go Lucky

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 9:37 am

jess1983 wrote:hey...

i also have not received the email for the interview yet. i sent it in on 24th, afternoon time. I just hope that there will be a second interview like what u gals said.

anyone just to check.. did anyone receive emails for those that send in after 22nd??

i have been checking my email anxiously for these past few days especially... but keep getting disappointment.

for those who are going for the interview on sat and sun, GOOD LUCK!!
for those who have not received the email, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that we will all go to the second interview if they have it. :)

and i think it's essential to wear business suits, i went for emirates interview and i can say that 80% are wearing formal wear. it sort of increase the chances of getting in, and with extremely neat hair of course. I did not do all that, thats why i did not get in...
Hi Jess1983,

There WILL BE another round of interview for those who sent in after 22 Sep.. So u dun hav to worry... Its juz like the july intake, there were 2 sessions for gers..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

lamepiggy

sia

Post by lamepiggy » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 9:38 am

whats d no that call?

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 9:41 am

glitteries wrote:anybody rec silkair 3rd interview email?
hi glitteries,

did you went for the 2nd interview? please tell me what's it like? Thanks!

miss lala

Disappointed!

Post by miss lala » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:11 am

I just called in to check with HR...turns out that they didn't receive my application via email at all! Just as I expected...

The lady told me it was too late to re-send it, and to wait for the next interview session next month. Specific date not stated. Guess i'm not destined to rough it out through this round with u guys, so all the best! :)

princessbelle

Re: Disappointed!

Post by princessbelle » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:27 am

miss lala wrote:I just called in to check with HR...turns out that they didn't receive my application via email at all! Just as I expected...

The lady told me it was too late to re-send it, and to wait for the next interview session next month. Specific date not stated. Guess i'm not destined to rough it out through this round with u guys, so all the best! :)
i heard there is 2 sessions of SIA interviews for the girls right... since they nv receive ur...that mean u can re send again & join e next round of interview?

miss lala

Post by miss lala » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 5:45 pm

princessbelle wrote:
miss lala wrote:I just called in to check with HR...turns out that they didn't receive my application via email at all! Just as I expected...

i heard there is 2 sessions of SIA interviews for the girls right... since they nv receive ur...that mean u can re send again & join e next round of interview?
yup, definitely! will wait till this round of interviews be over & done first before I send in my application again, to avoid confusion.

mahalo21

Post by mahalo21 » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 5:57 pm

Hi all,

Jus when i tot everthing was over n lost hope...i received a call this noon from them, telling me that they hv just sent e invitation to me n asked me to check! I was so excited!

Anyway good luck pp! dun pin too much hopes but go with an open mind n enjoy e process..

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 6:35 pm

miss lala wrote:
princessbelle wrote:

yup, definitely! will wait till this round of interviews be over & done first before I send in my application again, to avoid confusion.
hi..i am afraid they didnt receive my application too...cos i sent it on e 23rd...do u tink i shd re send everything again after this weekend of interview? or shd i call and check 1st?

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 6:44 pm

Dear all,
Is me again.

Last ques, any one have any detail about eye sight requirement?
My friend told me SIA actually set a limit. Is it true?
But was not stated on the advs.
Happy go Lucky

VV

attires wear for the day

Post by VV » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 7:12 pm

hi guys,

about the attires, actually SIA isnt strict about what you wear. the last time i went for the interview, i saw pp wearing smart casual, no suits. i had friends in SIA who also told me that there are pp who wore smart smart casual and was selected.

but there again, its up to you guys. i would personally tink it is more important to wear something which you are more comfortable in

the day has finally arrive, which is tomorrow. hope everyone have a good night rest and best of luck to all.

jozo

Post by jozo » Fri, 14 Oct 2005 8:43 pm

Mahalo21,
Are you 21 years old this year ? When is your interview date n time ?