Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 9:33 am

mydior wrote:
wawa wrote:
mydior wrote: hihi, i'll be starting on the 28th too. =)
Hi mydior,

just curious abt one of the rounds which is the kebaya test since you actually made it thru, I need to know what kind of scar they are looking for when you actually put on the kebaya? Am I right if as long as ur scars aren't visible when u put on the kebaya and u haf a proportionate figure u're safe? During the swimming test, do they also check for scars when ur in ur swimming attire? Coz nobody is so perfect to have such a flawless skin except for some fortunate ones, if they've scars under the kebaya do they let us off?How's the process like checking each n everyone? Is it from a distance or they actually come to you under bright light to do the check. I have very fine marks on my hands but fading off and I duno if such is taken into account. Are they also particular abt the condition of your skin cause I really envy at those SQ FS where almost everyone I see haf such a perfect complexion. I don't feel positive enuff when I look at my own skin condition, I'm afraid this will hinder my chances. Do give me your thoughts. Thanks!
hi, yup u're right dat as long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, that wil be fine. they will stand very close to u n scrutinize ur face, lower arms, feet n neck. i can say the room is pretty well-lit. as for figure wise, i've no idea how they actually view it but perhaps proportionate like u said? i duno. during the swimming test, they did not check for scars when we were in swimsuits for our batch. but i heard they did for some batches so it all depends. i can say they r pretty particular abt the condition of the skin.

Hi mydior,

you mean to an extend they will exaine thoroughly every part of your skin under bright white light??!! Oh man!!....there goes my chance! I truly knoe myself coz I do not haf that flawless procelain complexion. Looks like I'll sure flunked that round :cry:

mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:12 am

wawa wrote:
mydior wrote:
wawa wrote: Hi mydior,

just curious abt one of the rounds which is the kebaya test since you actually made it thru, I need to know what kind of scar they are looking for when you actually put on the kebaya? Am I right if as long as ur scars aren't visible when u put on the kebaya and u haf a proportionate figure u're safe? During the swimming test, do they also check for scars when ur in ur swimming attire? Coz nobody is so perfect to have such a flawless skin except for some fortunate ones, if they've scars under the kebaya do they let us off?How's the process like checking each n everyone? Is it from a distance or they actually come to you under bright light to do the check. I have very fine marks on my hands but fading off and I duno if such is taken into account. Are they also particular abt the condition of your skin cause I really envy at those SQ FS where almost everyone I see haf such a perfect complexion. I don't feel positive enuff when I look at my own skin condition, I'm afraid this will hinder my chances. Do give me your thoughts. Thanks!
hi, yup u're right dat as long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, that wil be fine. they will stand very close to u n scrutinize ur face, lower arms, feet n neck. i can say the room is pretty well-lit. as for figure wise, i've no idea how they actually view it but perhaps proportionate like u said? i duno. during the swimming test, they did not check for scars when we were in swimsuits for our batch. but i heard they did for some batches so it all depends. i can say they r pretty particular abt the condition of the skin.

Hi mydior,

you mean to an extend they will exaine thoroughly every part of your skin under bright white light??!! Oh man!!....there goes my chance! I truly knoe myself coz I do not haf that flawless procelain complexion. Looks like I'll sure flunked that round :cry:
the room is well-lit dats all. u dun hav to hav flawless skin. just not too bad can already. depends on the beauticians.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:26 am

mydior wrote:
wawa wrote:
mydior wrote: hi, yup u're right dat as long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, that wil be fine. they will stand very close to u n scrutinize ur face, lower arms, feet n neck. i can say the room is pretty well-lit. as for figure wise, i've no idea how they actually view it but perhaps proportionate like u said? i duno. during the swimming test, they did not check for scars when we were in swimsuits for our batch. but i heard they did for some batches so it all depends. i can say they r pretty particular abt the condition of the skin.

Hi mydior,

the room is well-lit dats all. u dun hav to hav flawless skin. just not too bad can already. depends on the beauticians.

Oh no!! HAving beautician to check on my skin condition is scarry enough. Nevertheless maybe for now shld work on the marks by getting some cream which cld do the job.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:57 am

mydior wrote:
wawa wrote:
mydior wrote: hi, yup u're right dat as long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, that wil be fine. they will stand very close to u n scrutinize ur face, lower arms, feet n neck. i can say the room is pretty well-lit. as for figure wise, i've no idea how they actually view it but perhaps proportionate like u said? i duno. during the swimming test, they did not check for scars when we were in swimsuits for our batch. but i heard they did for some batches so it all depends. i can say they r pretty particular abt the condition of the skin.

Hi mydior,

Hi mydior,

Oh no!! Having the beauticians around to do the checking is bad enuff...huhu..watever it is got to work on those scar cream...hopefully can make it by then...neway can you pass me ur MSN addy so that I can converse with you online? Got lotza questions...if its ok wit u. :wink:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:34 pm

taliking abt confidence here...its going down for me...anybody revcd any news frm SIA invites?
cheers...welcome Ms Julie back!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:34 pm

Hmm I don't think they're sending out invitations anytime soon. Most probably next month. I'm waiting anxiously too although I won't hope much coz I'm just trying my luck since I only possess a Higher NITEC...
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:53 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Hmm I don't think they're sending out invitations anytime soon. Most probably next month. I'm waiting anxiously too although I won't hope much coz I'm just trying my luck since I only possess a Higher NITEC...
I GOT NO RESPONE! how sad! anyways, i think it will be next week due to too many application. cause i can see that they have to check everyone of your application before sending the invites.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 3:11 pm

queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Hmm I don't think they're sending out invitations anytime soon. Most probably next month. I'm waiting anxiously too although I won't hope much coz I'm just trying my luck since I only possess a Higher NITEC...
I GOT NO RESPONE! how sad! anyways, i think it will be next week due to too many application. cause i can see that they have to check everyone of your application before sending the invites.
Yeah and they did state on the website that they'll be conducting interviews in January. I think they'll send out invitation a few days, maybe 2 weeks before the interview? So I guess we'll have to wait patiently til January comes.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

How's everyone Doing?

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 7:05 pm

Dear All sweeties!

I'm back! So tiring!

Heez.. I haven receive any invites as well. I think have to wait at least for 2 weeks after the 17th Dec'05 so stay positive gals! I bet we will be receiving them soon! Just remember to update so I can peek into my mailbox as well.

I don't think you will need perfect skin. Beauty is not eveything when it comes to this job ladies. I do admit though that it does stand a few points but in the end, it's how you stand out from the others, how you put yourself, whether you can speak good English (no need to be perfect but no singlish), whether you have good service. I think service is very very important when it comes to this line. It really shows whether you are genuine when the time comes. I think apart from taking good care of ourselves to make sure we keep our pimples at bay, we also need to restrain ourselves from speak singlish for awhile, practise good English and also correct our posture and improve our temper and patience! Just be yourself as women are most beautiful and confident when they are just being natural!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:01 pm

I reckon invites will be sent out early next week for ladies, else during the 1st week of Jan 2006. Goodluck to all!!

M :cool:

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: How's everyone Doing?

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:49 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Dear All sweeties!

I'm back! So tiring!

Heez.. I haven receive any invites as well. I think have to wait at least for 2 weeks after the 17th Dec'05 so stay positive gals! I bet we will be receiving them soon! Just remember to update so I can peek into my mailbox as well.

I don't think you will need perfect skin. Beauty is not eveything when it comes to this job ladies. I do admit though that it does stand a few points but in the end, it's how you stand out from the others, how you put yourself, whether you can speak good English (no need to be perfect but no singlish), whether you have good service. I think service is very very important when it comes to this line. It really shows whether you are genuine when the time comes. I think apart from taking good care of ourselves to make sure we keep our pimples at bay, we also need to restrain ourselves from speak singlish for awhile, practise good English and also correct our posture and improve our temper and patience! Just be yourself as women are most beautiful and confident when they are just being natural!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 1:45 am

queenie-me wrote:Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Heyz don't be sad too soon. At least you've got a diploma and I think you stand a higher chance than me, an ITE grad. But all I know is to keep my optimism. At least we've tried right?

sqboy

Post by sqboy » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 4:35 am

Hi girls :wink:

Don't despair just yet. Even though it's specified that this intake was for polytechnic diploma holders, you wouldn't know if you didn't try would you? If you sent in a neat application with a neat photo and they happen to like you, then good for you! If not, you can always try again at the next relevant intake.

It's still too early to talk about the invites - after all, the application just closed on the 17th. They need some time to sort out all the applicants and go through them, before sending it out. And it's the holiday season afterall, so do expect replies to be slow. =)

The trend observed here is that some people tend to worry too much. About complexion, the interview rounds and all. True, information about those would give you the edge, but ultimately it's your personality that would stick by you. Nothing can change that. If you're naturally poised, refined and hospitable then you'd have no problems acing whatever rounds there are. If you're passionate enough about this industry, even the pay wouldn't matter much. [Although it's good to know that it's pretty rewarding (between 2.8k to more than 3.5k a month, depending on the airline you're in and on your monthly roster) for your finances. ]

Then again it's the whole experience of meeting new people, experiencing new cultures and trotting the world that would be most valuable for this career.

Enjoy the experience while it lasts. To me, this job is a great time to while away your youth.

Cheers & Happy Holidays everyone! :D
Keep Discovering - Emirates
A Great Way to Fly - SIA
Taking You More Personally - Qatar Airways
Colour Your Sky - Gulf Air Co

angela

Post by angela » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 9:27 am

purpledoll wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
angela wrote: Hi queenie-me.

I tot they are only recruiting Singaporeans and Malaysians (those with Singapore PR)....dun think they are having calling any interviews in KL yet. Where did you get to know that from?

Angela
Hi Angela,

Got the form at the website. It stated there, whether you want to be interviewed in singapore or KL. you can choose. you got to d/l the form from the webby ya~ ;)
actually, the website stated clearly where sporeans or msians who are spore PR send in application forms by 17th dec. it isnt for msians citizens who reside in msia (without spore PR) to apply.
they just updated their website stating that they will be conducting a recruitment exercise in Malaysia and application forms to be sent in by 24th dec. of course u can choose to be interviewed in spore or msia.
(http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp)

so pls dont misunderstand the deadlines for two diff recruitments. good luck.

Hi purpledoll and queenie-me,

Thanks for the info...now that i've sent in my application, i wish you all the best too.

Angela.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 2:14 pm

queenie-me wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Dear All sweeties!

I'm back! So tiring!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Dear Queenie-Me,

Please do not feel left out! =) Will let you know if I get or did not get the invite. Well, I believe in the judgement of SIA. Even if you did not have a diploma from a local school, I do believe that there is always exception if they find you really good like your working background? Do feel dejected yet as it's still too early! =) Please stay positive and believe in yourself ok! =) Cheer up and stay happy! By the way, I think you are very beautiful you know! :D

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!