Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:08 pm

hmm... think we should definitely not mix work with personal stories? i didnt know that man until i read it thoroughly... yeah i notice the chatbox thing differs from what she wrote earlier.. lolx... hey keep it cool :P
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:12 pm

No la, i'm not pissed la. Just,... you noe....Pm

amirinc

Review after ur Medical results??!

Post by amirinc » Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:09 pm

Hey pips...just got my call for Mary..Cleared my medical abd told that my training starts on 6 Nov. Cant help but feel very disturbed when i read quote " there will be a review ooce again on the remarks taken down by the interviewers during the tea party session..clearing the medical does not mean you are confirmed in" Hmmm dun wanna sound like a whinny himbo but is this true...if it is GOSH! when will the suspense ever gonna end. The first 3 rounds of interview are nerve wrecking enuffff....Geez!

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 3:13 am

koko77 wrote:No la, i'm not pissed la. Just,... you noe....Pm
seems alot of ppl is interested in her blog nowadays, kinda like a hit? lolx
"City of Ang3Ls"

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 3:26 am

SIA wans people who are humble and possess self-awareness. Some people practise what they preach, on the contrary. Some, disability in personal awareness....

I dunno why... "let the co judge you". I beg to differ, SIA is not there to judge people, they choose. Bcos' they can afford to choose.

nonsensical comment? could be lack of intellectual stimulation.. perhaps.

Or just a moment of folly...

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 3:40 am

Hi may i knw if the training for all new batches now are Mon-Sat instead of Mon-Fri cos that's what i read in another forum. I have school on Sat and I will be starting training on the 19th this mth. Am worried sick!

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 3:41 am

Hi may i knw if the training for all new batches now are Mon-Sat instead of Mon-Fri cos that's what i read in another forum. I have school on Sat and I will be starting training on the 19th this mth. Am worried sick!

wilz444

Re: qualifications

Post by wilz444 » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 8:07 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
origins80 wrote:is it true now that the minimun requirement is A Levels or Diploma NOT O levels anymore? 5 O levels at least?
They only had that 5 O levels thing during the recruitment in April or something..(Correct me if I'm wrong)Right now it's back to A Levels,Poly Diploma or University Degree... :wink:
Hello! I'm new to this forum, previously I was only reading and reading and reading to get more information regarding the SIA interview.

But when you mentioned about the minimum education requirement would be at least 'A' Levels, it makes me wonder why was I shortlisted for I only have my 'O' Levels(SPM-5 Credits)? I did mention that I am pursuing my Diploma now in the application form but anyhows if it is the 'A' Levels they are looking for, I do not fit into their minimum requirement already because for now my highest educational level is only 'O' Levels, rite?

And the funny thing is, fortunately, I have got through the first 3 rounds and my management interview would be on the 5th Oct 2006. Then here comes another question, I am a male and those guys that i know from the previous rounds were invited for finals on the 6th. As far as I am concern, guys were supposed to go for their final interview on the 6th, and girls would be on the 5th. *scratch head* This is not of my prior concern but if anyone could clear my doubt, please do so.
Regards,
-W-

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 9:18 pm

the min requirement is indeed A levels but for those with O level(SPM-5 credits) still can apply for the position..the difference would be the salary..it's slightly lower than those with dip n degree..
as for ur date of interview,it falls on the same day as me but i m a female here..perhaps it might be some male being slotted into the 5th for the final interview...anyway,hope i did clear off ur doubt a lil!!! :lol:

wilz444

Post by wilz444 » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 9:42 pm

shrapnel wrote:the min requirement is indeed A levels but for those with O level(SPM-5 credits) still can apply for the position..the difference would be the salary..it's slightly lower than those with dip n degree..
as for ur date of interview,it falls on the same day as me but i m a female here..perhaps it might be some male being slotted into the 5th for the final interview...anyway,hope i did clear off ur doubt a lil!!! :lol:
Hi shrapnel, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. So it is actually okay to have just a mere 'O' Levels as the highest educational level, even if I am a Malaysian? From what I heard, the advertisement in newspaper stated that minimum educational requirement would be 'A' Levels. Would they boot me out just because I only have 'O' Levels for now? Should they have made such mistake to invite the wrong person, they did shortlist me based on the application and resume i sent in didn't they? So worry.

I do know about the basic pay would be lower than those with Diplomas and Degrees from previous posts, wow, 478 pages really makes my eyes screwy. 8-) (I'm only at page 188 now)

Yarh, that's what I thought would be the reason, some males are to be slotted that day too after the girls, else I would feel so awkward if I am the only guy there. :lol:

Oh well, congrats shrapnel and those who have passed the previous rounds, and best of luck. And for those who did not make it, please do not give up.
Regards,
-W-

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 10:11 pm

wilz444 wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
origins80 wrote:is it true now that the minimun requirement is A Levels or Diploma NOT O levels anymore? 5 O levels at least?
They only had that 5 O levels thing during the recruitment in April or something..(Correct me if I'm wrong)Right now it's back to A Levels,Poly Diploma or University Degree... :wink:
Hello! I'm new to this forum, previously I was only reading and reading and reading to get more information regarding the SIA interview.

But when you mentioned about the minimum education requirement would be at least 'A' Levels, it makes me wonder why was I shortlisted for I only have my 'O' Levels(SPM-5 Credits)? I did mention that I am pursuing my Diploma now in the application form but anyhows if it is the 'A' Levels they are looking for, I do not fit into their minimum requirement already because for now my highest educational level is only 'O' Levels, rite?

And the funny thing is, fortunately, I have got through the first 3 rounds and my management interview would be on the 5th Oct 2006. Then here comes another question, I am a male and those guys that i know from the previous rounds were invited for finals on the 6th. As far as I am concern, guys were supposed to go for their final interview on the 6th, and girls would be on the 5th. *scratch head* This is not of my prior concern but if anyone could clear my doubt, please do so.
Why would you worry about not fitting into the criteria?You are qualified to enter for a interview because your education level meets the standard for what SIA is looking for..Stop being so worried and concentrate on the most important thing.GETTING A POST AS AN FS.Good luck Willy.. :wink:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

wilz444

Post by wilz444 » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 10:36 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
wilz444 wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: They only had that 5 O levels thing during the recruitment in April or something..(Correct me if I'm wrong)Right now it's back to A Levels,Poly Diploma or University Degree... :wink:

Why would you worry about not fitting into the criteria?You are qualified to enter for a interview because your education level meets the standard for what SIA is looking for..Stop being so worried and concentrate on the most important thing.GETTING A POST AS AN FS.Good luck Willy.. :wink:
Hi Shazni. I am scratching my head because, as you have mentioned, must meet their requirement, at least 'A' Levels which I do not have. And yet they have invited me for the interview, and gosh, was I in luck, I have passed 3 stages already. What if in the end they tell me that I do not meet their educational standard and I must leave at once? Just want to clarify on this issue.

All in all, whatever it is, I will do my best in the upcoming interview. Thanks Shazni. 8-)
Regards,
-W-

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 10:40 pm

wilz444 wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
wilz444 wrote: Hello! I'm new to this forum, previously I was only reading and reading and reading to get more information regarding the SIA interview.

Hi Shazni. I am scratching my head because, as you have mentioned, must meet their requirement, at least 'A' Levels which I do not have. And yet they have invited me for the interview, and gosh, was I in luck, I have passed 3 stages already. What if in the end they tell me that I do not meet their educational standard and I must leave at once? Just want to clarify on this issue.

All in all, whatever it is, I will do my best in the upcoming interview. Thanks Shazni. 8-)
Requirements

Malaysian citizens residing in East Malaysia
At least 1.58m in height for females and 1.65m for males
At least 2 principal level passes and 2 subsidiary passes in STPM/GCE ‘A’ level or its equivalent; or a diploma from a university or college.

Candidates with at least 5 credits in SPM/GCE ‘O’ level and relevant working experience may also apply.
A minimum grade of B4 in English at SPM level is required for the above qualifications.

I know you mentioned the minimum was A levels but read the bottom.You said your highest education level currently is O levels right?Didn't they say Candidates with O Levels may also apply??That's the reason why you were invited!!LAWL!!YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!! :wink: :wink:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

wilz444

Post by wilz444 » Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:00 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
wilz444 wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: Why would you worry about not fitting into the criteria?You are qualified to enter for a interview because your education level meets the standard for what SIA is looking for..Stop being so worried and concentrate on the most important thing.GETTING A POST AS AN FS.Good luck Willy.. :wink:

Requirements

Malaysian citizens residing in East Malaysia
At least 1.58m in height for females and 1.65m for males
At least 2 principal level passes and 2 subsidiary passes in STPM/GCE ‘A’ level or its equivalent; or a diploma from a university or college.

Candidates with at least 5 credits in SPM/GCE ‘O’ level and relevant working experience may also apply.
A minimum grade of B4 in English at SPM level is required for the above qualifications.

I know you mentioned the minimum was A levels but read the bottom.You said your highest education level currently is O levels right?Didn't they say Candidates with O Levels may also apply??That's the reason why you were invited!!LAWL!!YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!! :wink: :wink:
HA HA.. HA HA HA.. ooppss!

My highest apology. I really did not know of it, because when I sent in my application that time, I checked SIA website, indeed they stated minimum 'O' Levels with relevant working experience may also apply but that advert was meant for Singapore citizens. I sent in the application just to try my luck, I never knew they are conducting interviews here in Malaysia too.

Then the case where a lot had mentioned that foreign applicants are to have higher qualifications hence leading me to this foolish question. Am i qualified? LOL! And I was told that must at least obtain 'A' Levels in the newspaper advertisement for Malaysia applicants. I was really blur, that is why i asked here. Sorry for the troubles but thanks for the replies~
Regards,
-W-

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Mon, 02 Oct 2006 6:40 pm

not really.. doesnt mean if they called you means SIA checked it..

cuz a friend on my batch got booted out because she doesnt have a bachelor degree.. AFTER she passed the tea party, and they didnt know that because they checked all the papers but because she accidentally asked a question about that.. and when they found out she only has diploma and not bachelor.. they booted her out.. thats soo mean.. i mean thats someone's dream they messin around. they didnt even check it properly.. she got shortlisted she passed all the rounds.

this happened in indonesia btw..
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan