Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Thu, 01 May 2008 9:18 am

Heya Wini,
honestly it does help to ask because they would actually fill you in if you do.
Last I heard, during the Jan interviews they would still share with the hopefuls what went wrong in the Kebaya round but they didn't seem to do the same in Feb anymore so it leaves many clueless.
You're can only rely on your speculation now but you have an edge since you feel you may have a clue what the cause could have been. :)

An interview-mate who failed in Jan felt it was her skin that hindered her hence she drank more water, rested well and tried to improve on her skin so she might do better in Feb. She passed everything eventually.

Perhaps concealing the blemishes on the interview day would help alot too... :D
Teeth wise, did you actually get to speak to a lady during the kebaya round before being sent to the 2nd lady in front of the spotlight?
If you didn't speak to anyone, perhaps they might not have noticed the teeth that much so that may not even have been a prob.

Pretty hard to comment on the teeth without having seen it but since it would take a long term treatment to fix that if ever required, I think it might be more feasible to work on the easier areas.

I did have breakouts too but have been taking diane-35 for it and it's been highly effective in preventing blemishes. It would take 3 wks before the sebum production appears significantly controlled, and a mth for the skin to clear.
A more effective oral medication would be accutane; 1 wk for sebum production to be lowered and around 3 wks for clearer skin.
If you find both the above redundant as the blemishes aren't that much, perhaps just opt for more rest, hydration and some concealing before going for May 25th's interview.

If the skin clears but you don't make it through, do ask them the reason this time. If you do pass everything however, then that'll be great news! :)

seanys

Post by seanys » Thu, 01 May 2008 12:12 pm

HI mya,
i cant PM anyone yet cus im still new year....so ur malaysian also???where n when did you go for ur medical??i went to SG for my medical...glad tat there's someone same as me also....if u get any reply from them please do inform me ya....
GOD BLESS....

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 01 May 2008 12:39 pm

PeterPan07 wrote:hi hafiz, jus curious. hw did u infd them that u r gg to juggle work n sch at the same times?
hmm, they didnt actually ask me that. i got quite general questions pertaining to what am i doing now, my part-time job, my family and stuff like that. the only specific question i got was what is my most outstanding characteristic. :)

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Thu, 01 May 2008 3:11 pm

what are the chances of passing of management rd? btw hafiz, congrats!

vessy

Post by vessy » Thu, 01 May 2008 5:15 pm

err, hello all i'm new.
from all the rumours i hear about how sq seems to minus off about 2cm, i'm quite worried since i am exactly 1.58m. i have one more year to go until i graduate, what's the likelihood of me gaining about 2cm more within one year, minus leg-extension surgery? at 20 years old, i doubt one litre of milk a day will help.
how how how?!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 01 May 2008 6:35 pm

Get your degree and find a more stable job with a better career prospect is my advice. The Flight Attendant job is not longer that rosy and pay is low compared to the work you have to put and time away from your love one.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 01 May 2008 6:43 pm

vessy wrote:err, hello all i'm new.
from all the rumours i hear about how sq seems to minus off about 2cm, i'm quite worried since i am exactly 1.58m. i have one more year to go until i graduate, what's the likelihood of me gaining about 2cm more within one year, minus leg-extension surgery? at 20 years old, i doubt one litre of milk a day will help.
how how how?!
Vessy,
First of all stop listening to rumours, more often than not they are unfounded! You will not gain any more cms, you stop growing in your teenage years so ignore all the crap you may have read here about increasing your height - it ain't possible! Finally take Abercrombie's advice, flight attendants have a restricted future in Asia.

wini

Post by wini » Thu, 01 May 2008 7:08 pm

Angiezz wrote:Heya Wini,
honestly it does help to ask because they would actually fill you in if you do.
Last I heard, during the Jan interviews they would still share with the hopefuls what went wrong in the Kebaya round but they didn't seem to do the same in Feb anymore so it leaves many clueless.
You're can only rely on your speculation now but you have an edge since you feel you may have a clue what the cause could have been. :)

An interview-mate who failed in Jan felt it was her skin that hindered her hence she drank more water, rested well and tried to improve on her skin so she might do better in Feb. She passed everything eventually.

Perhaps concealing the blemishes on the interview day would help alot too... :D
Teeth wise, did you actually get to speak to a lady during the kebaya round before being sent to the 2nd lady in front of the spotlight?
If you didn't speak to anyone, perhaps they might not have noticed the teeth that much so that may not even have been a prob.

Pretty hard to comment on the teeth without having seen it but since it would take a long term treatment to fix that if ever required, I think it might be more feasible to work on the easier areas.

I did have breakouts too but have been taking diane-35 for it and it's been highly effective in preventing blemishes. It would take 3 wks before the sebum production appears significantly controlled, and a mth for the skin to clear.
A more effective oral medication would be accutane; 1 wk for sebum production to be lowered and around 3 wks for clearer skin.
If you find both the above redundant as the blemishes aren't that much, perhaps just opt for more rest, hydration and some concealing before going for May 25th's interview.

If the skin clears but you don't make it through, do ask them the reason this time. If you do pass everything however, then that'll be great news! :)
Hi angiezz
Thanx for the tips...:)

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Thu, 01 May 2008 7:25 pm

1)I did have breakouts too but have been taking diane-35 for it and it's been highly effective in preventing blemishes. It would take 3 wks before the sebum production appears significantly controlled, and a mth for the skin to clear.

2)A more effective oral medication would be accutane; 1 wk for sebum production to be lowered and around 3 wks for clearer skin.

Angiezz,
may i ask where will I be able to the two products u mention in pharmcies like Guardians & whatson???
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Thu, 01 May 2008 8:16 pm

vessy wrote:err, hello all i'm new.
how how how?!
Vessy, it's not entirely true that the measurements crop 2cm off your height. It didn't happen to me and many coz we remained the same height as per their documentation after we were measured.

Glass isn't half empty yet so if you'd really like to pursue this interest, no harm giving the interview a try. Else like Plavt & Abercombie mentioned, there can always be greener pastures elsewhere. :)
llentimes wrote:1)I did have breakouts too but have been taking diane-35 for it and it's been highly effective in preventing blemishes. It would take 3 wks before the sebum production appears significantly controlled, and a mth for the skin to clear.

2)A more effective oral medication would be accutane; 1 wk for sebum production to be lowered and around 3 wks for clearer skin.

Angiezz,
may i ask where will I be able to the two products u mention in pharmcies like Guardians & whatson???
Not in pharmacies as the above will have to be prescribed by GPs/docs from any clinics.
What the above both do is to decrease the sebum production, accutane does that directly and produces results sooner than diane-35 but it's also stronger and more costly; $95-$105 per box of 30. Minor side effects include some other parts of your skin feeling dry; palms etc. But that's something easily combated with use of moisturizers.
Although it sounds expensive, your daily dosage can be decreased to a dosage once every 2-3 days for maintenance, after the 1st 3 mths or so if I'm not wrong. Ard the 8th mth, you can stop taking it for the time being as the effectiveness would last quite awhile even after that.

For diane-35, it costs $25-$30 and works indirectly via hormones. Slightly more complex side-effects; increases your appetite greatly, could enlarge chest...LoL...(coz it's female hormones), regulates periods etc. But results take longer to show and you'll have to continuously take it daily.
I personally prefer diane-35 coz accutane could have been too strong for me (usually recommended for bad breakouts to severe acne) and it's also costly to the pt I can't bear to take it too often; ate 1x/wk even so it defeated the purpose.
Diane-35 has been working great for me so far and the only worst side effect is the increased appetite which makes me crave for food pretty often...LOL
You will tend to eat more and for me it it doesn't help that I already enjoy eating but well, just eat healthy I guess.

Both the above work by preventing blemishes and additional scars from breakouts, but don't lighten any if one already has them. Time or treatment will heal those past scars.

By the way, pls don't take any of my personal opinions above as substitutes of a proper medical advice from docs coz they'll know what suits you best after assessing your conditions. I'm merely sharing what I know from comparing them but both meds have their own side effects so do weigh them out before further deciding if you even need them at all.

I'll have to note also that diane-35, tho vastly recommended as a skin treatment, it's essentially a contraceptive (more commonly known as 'The Pill'). Hence if that makes you uncomfortable, it does not have to be your only option.
Some prescribed topical treatment could work just as well and possibly with lesser side effects to your body so do consider them and have the doc recommend some if they carry any.

Two members in this thread mentioned a topical treatment which worked for them, their posts can be found quite a number of pages back before this, check it out if interested too so you won't have to limit your choices. Good luck and hope the above help coz I kinda can understand your plight. :)

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Thu, 01 May 2008 8:51 pm

Not in pharmacies as the above will have to be prescribed by GPs/docs from any clinics.

For diane-35, it costs $25-$30 But results take longer to show and you'll have to continuously take it daily.
I personally prefer diane-35 coz accutane could have been too strong for me .
Diane-35 has been working great for me so far and the only worst side effect is the increased appetite which makes me crave for food pretty often

Some prescribed topical treatment could work just as well and possibly with lesser side effects to your body so do consider them and have the doc recommend some if they carry any.
Two members in this thread mentioned a topical treatment which worked

I kinda like Diane-85 :P more cuase I dont think I can take pills take are that strong either. Further more, Im going next week to get doctor to do chemical peeling for my old scars. I just want something to help control further acne out-breaks as my skin is rather sensitive and prone to blemishes (esp during the time of the month) :(

Thanks for your personal opinions. I will still talk to my doctor just in case he thinks im not suitable to take Diane-85 and see if his any other options.

Thanks! :lol:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Congrats!

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 02 May 2008 12:08 am

hafiz_ wrote:angiezz, my bad. i meant to say 4th of june. haha. yep, i'm doing a deg from UOL. other degrees conferred by the other universities like RMIT are the normal ones with lectures, tutorials and bi-yearly exams. the new academic year starts in sept so when i start my 3rd year as a part-time will depend if my training will commence in june or later. and thanks for the well wishes! i'm so excited i can barely get myself to study. haha.
Hey Hafiz! Congrats to you! Heard from Xangac that u got in this round :)
In case u forgot who i am, me know Jo and Garrie too. So so happy to hear that u got in, Ying Ying started training (she looked so cute carrying the baby)and Xangac going to see the tulips in Amsterdam! It was like only a while back we had dinner together and now so glad to hear good news from all of u. You all really deserved it :) enjoy soaring :D

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 02 May 2008 12:22 am

gladys_lopez, thanks man! i still remember you lah not to worry. haha. and dont give up trying! :)

procastinator

Post by procastinator » Fri, 02 May 2008 2:45 am

can someone advise what is the interview like for the final round?
anybody going to the final round this 6 may?

btw, i seems like there are ppl without O level managed to get in.
has the rules been lighten?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Birthmark Removal

Post by cythx » Fri, 02 May 2008 10:30 am

Hi, do anyone know any way to remove the birthmark? I got 2 birthmark. 1 is on my forehead and the other one bigger spot is on my neck. I purposely cut my hair short just to cover the birthmark on my neck there for this SIA interview. Anyone please help me. Thanks