Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 4:31 pm

Removed by Pinklittlefigure :D
Last edited by pinklittlefigure on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

deneos

Post by deneos » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 5:28 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Deneos: Yup, you got that right :D

I'm the girl with the hair extension but I'm not too sure who you are cos that day itself I met up with so many nice girls/guys at the panel clinic :)
Hey no worries :D . Will see you during training. Coolz.
Anyway do you have any idea when we will be going down to sign the bond? I have not receive any email from them after sending back the contract to Mary.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 5:44 pm

Deneos: Mary (HR dept) says she will email me the details by this week. I've yet to receive any email from her so I guess the contact signing will take place next week :D

Hopefully our contract signing is the same day, then we can go get our kebaya fitting done together! So glad I've found a batchmate here!

Looking out for more batchmates! :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 6:54 pm

hi. i tried email-ing but it bounce back and neither can i pm u :

You need to make 5 posts before your PM function will work. This is to prevent spammers to some degree.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 7:20 pm

i'm a BLUE girl.
only 1 girl brown in my class... LANCOME is good. but always no stock!!
=((

drop me an sms when u guys come for training ya! den we can try to meet up for lunch!

anyways, as for the DIPLOMA/QUALIFICATIONS part.
i NEED NOT produce my diploma cert/transcript/results at all because i meet the minimum requirement of 5 O'Level credits!
for SINGAPOREANS, as long as u meet the minimum requirement (which is 5 O's credit) and u have the proof (O level Cert) den u can start training immediately after ur last paper. need not wait for transcript to submit.

:wink: :wink:
the world at your doorstep.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 9:32 pm

sigh..

yea.. transcripts/results/certs are only for foreigners like me.. :(
the world at your doorstep

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:38 pm

i wanna ask! (so random huh)

how would you react/handle the situation if you accidentally poured hot water onto a passenger?

i remembered seeing this question posted pagessss back, but i don't remember seeing it answered, haha.

so i was wondering, if that were to happen, does the company bare medical costs if the injury/burn inflicted is very serious? or worst still, he demands it/ticket refund. o.O"

besides sincerely apologizing to the passenger, handle him a pack of ice (or any thing that can help him ease the pain)..? (if injury's not so bad)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:46 pm

streets wrote:i wanna ask! (so random huh)

how would you react/handle the situation if you accidentally poured hot water onto a passenger?
I think what would count in any legal action is whether or not the passenger's legal counsel can establish the company was negligent in some way (e.g. the staff member responsible was not competent to do his/her job). However, if a cabin crew member is serving a beverage and the aircraft hits turbulence without warning then it may be just too bad as nobody can be said to be at fault. This may be a grey area legally and let's hope somebody who is a flight attendant takes the time to answer.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:12 pm

streets: i saw this question before too! like months ago.. and if i didnt remember wrongly, someone posted that they will immediately apologise, give him napkin etc. if they cant handle it, seek help from supervisors.. =)

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:06 am

rainschocolate wrote:i'm a BLUE girl.
only 1 girl brown in my class... LANCOME is good. but always no stock!!
=((

drop me an sms when u guys come for training ya! den we can try to meet up for lunch!

anyways, as for the DIPLOMA/QUALIFICATIONS part.
i NEED NOT produce my diploma cert/transcript/results at all because i meet the minimum requirement of 5 O'Level credits!
for SINGAPOREANS, as long as u meet the minimum requirement (which is 5 O's credit) and u have the proof (O level Cert) den u can start training immediately after ur last paper. need not wait for transcript to submit.

:wink: :wink:
emm. i've got d7 for my english and only have transcripts of 5 sem. u think they accept?

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:16 am

Sokeai wrote:
Hello Salvana,

Yup, i guess Raine must be very busy with her training.

If i recall correctly, for local students, there is no need for "proof" but for cases like Ying (holding student pass), they will need to produce the final result slip/letter etc so that they can apply the work pass for her (you can check with Ying for details)

As the matter of fact, i'm currently in 2nd yr of Uni, the lady at SIA told me that so long i'm willing to convert to part time studies, it is ok.However, if you are going to grad soon, they can only wait for you 6mths.

Hope it helps :)
hey dear. u're currently a student in uni and u got through the interview?
does it mean SIA allow ppl to finish their studies [within 6 months] first and start training immediately after grad?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:27 am

shiniestar: dont worry too much about the qualifications thingy at this point of time, if you're getting your tertiary cert soon.. dont think they will look at transcripts, they'll only see the relevant certificates. (o lvl, diploma, degree)

they have been very inconsistent in the checks of the qualifications. some of my frens got in all the way till the final stages of the interviews, with only an N level / ITE cert. just go and try, its more like a "heng/suay" thingy when they check for the o level results at the entrance.. dun worry too much.. :wink:

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:30 am

deneos wrote: mimidee.... Miss Ong??
hope i don't recognise the wrong person.
-SuMi :wink:
yup its me!
my management round will be on sunday, sheraton towers 430pm!

lol. going to the airshow in the morning!

SUPER EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDD. scaryyyy tooooo!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:36 am

mimidee: you passed the kebaya fitting this time? =)

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:39 am

hey!

ya i did! i told myself i will give up if i dont pass the kebaya round on my 2nd shot...but i did!

phew! :wink: