Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kokopuffs

Post by kokopuffs » Thu, 22 Dec 2011 1:48 pm

Silent10- yep. They did use the spot light for the skin check. :)

Vasilysa- we might even be in the same batch since my tentative date is end feb!

Ahdick9- hm I have no idea about the waiting for KIV candidates though. :/

travelerpalm

Post by travelerpalm » Thu, 22 Dec 2011 6:33 pm

ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Just went to check with the clinic that they actually sent my medical report(dunno pass or fail) to SIA on the 10th . Till today I have yet to receive a single notice . Really getting very helpless :[
What was yr availability, and did you have any followup for yr medical?
I didn't have to go any follow-ups though. My availability was actually my ORD date . Which was like 10 dec . It is as good as saying immediate ya . But I have yet to receive any notice :[

ahdick9

Post by ahdick9 » Thu, 22 Dec 2011 9:19 pm

travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Just went to check with the clinic that they actually sent my medical report(dunno pass or fail) to SIA on the 10th . Till today I have yet to receive a single notice . Really getting very helpless :[
I didn't have to go any follow-ups though. My availability was actually my ORD date . Which was like 10 dec . It is as good as saying immediate ya . But I have yet to receive any notice :[
I guess there are quite a number in KIV list? Surprisingly people from my group, even those with medical follow ups have already received calls... Sigh. Its getting really weird.

w0ahmissy

Post by w0ahmissy » Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:49 pm

travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
Not sure if this information will be useful to you. But what is your PES? From my reading and researching from forum, your PES might make a difference if you are in or out. I've read of people with PES C not making the cut.

travelerpalm

Post by travelerpalm » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:53 am

w0ahmissy wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote: What was yr availability, and did you have any followup for yr medical?
Not sure if this information will be useful to you. But what is your PES? From my reading and researching from forum, your PES might make a difference if you are in or out. I've read of people with PES C not making the cut.
I am pes A . If worst come to worst if no notification at all, I will just go to the next interview . Maybe at there they tell me what's happening.

kylie_nicole

Post by kylie_nicole » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 5:27 am

travelerpalm wrote: I am pes A . If worst come to worst if no notification at all, I will just go to the next interview . Maybe at there they tell me what's happening.
I don't think you need to worry that much, my notice period was immediate and i only got my call 2 days ago. And someone mentioned that the rejection letter has been sent out already, yes? Even though i got the call, i haven't gotten my training date yet cause they are still finalizing. Think it's due to the huge number of people they are recruiting that's why everything is taking a much longer time on their side. Don't worry too much. :)

Eileencook

No calls still (:

Post by Eileencook » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:38 pm

Hi there, anyone from KIV list got call for medical check up? i haven even done any check ups :( straight away go on KIV list after trying my Kebaya, cuz i gt some bruises on my leg.. they thought its a birth mark and put me in KIV list. Waiting for the calls is like driving me nuts soon... my other SIA friends suggests me to call them. but cant seems to find the number online.

ahdick9

Re: No calls still (:

Post by ahdick9 » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 1:16 pm

Eileencook wrote:Hi there, anyone from KIV list got call for medical check up? i haven even done any check ups :( straight away go on KIV list after trying my Kebaya, cuz i gt some bruises on my leg.. they thought its a birth mark and put me in KIV list. Waiting for the calls is like driving me nuts soon... my other SIA friends suggests me to call them. but cant seems to find the number online.
you can try emailing them?

ahdick9

Post by ahdick9 » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 1:18 pm

kylie_nicole wrote:
travelerpalm wrote: I am pes A . If worst come to worst if no notification at all, I will just go to the next interview . Maybe at there they tell me what's happening.
I don't think you need to worry that much, my notice period was immediate and i only got my call 2 days ago. And someone mentioned that the rejection letter has been sent out already, yes? Even though i got the call, i haven't gotten my training date yet cause they are still finalizing. Think it's due to the huge number of people they are recruiting that's why everything is taking a much longer time on their side. Don't worry too much. :)
Wow, how did yr medical go? I thought if your availability is immediate, they call you like within the same week or next after medical.

Eileencook

Re: No calls still (:

Post by Eileencook » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 4:52 pm

ahdick9 wrote:
Eileencook wrote:Hi there, anyone from KIV list got call for medical check up? i haven even done any check ups :( straight away go on KIV list after trying my Kebaya, cuz i gt some bruises on my leg.. they thought its a birth mark and put me in KIV list. Waiting for the calls is like driving me nuts soon... my other SIA friends suggests me to call them. but cant seems to find the number online.
you can try emailing them?
Hi!! thanks for the info. Do you have the email address?? that will be a great help (:

travelerpalm

Post by travelerpalm » Fri, 23 Dec 2011 5:17 pm

Guess I will just wait lo :[ sad

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sat, 24 Dec 2011 11:54 am

travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
ikip84 wrote: dot wish to get a letter cause the only letter they sent out is rejection letter. be happy if they dint call you after two weeks cause you most probably got the job and just wish for the best.
Any reason why you say that its good to be happy if they didnt call you after two weeks?

because if they wanna reject you they reject you approx. 2 weeks. if pass the 2 weeks means most likely they have accepted you but havent called you due to your stated available period or you are just under the KIV list.
hi guys, my friends from the same interview batch received their rejection letter three weeks after the management round. and i got mine four weeks after the management round... so yup! just sharing. :)

haq89

Post by haq89 » Sun, 25 Dec 2011 1:18 am

Just to share with other cabin crew hopefuls:

Im from the Dec 2011 batch, and i received my call from Mary, early this week. My notice period was immediate, so ive already been slotted in the Jan 12 training sessions.

I know its very frustrating to wait (been there, felt that, lol), but just go easy with it. If you dont get a rejection letter within 2-3 weeks of ur medical check-up, it means youre still in their list.

Your call will come soon, so be patient aites. Even if you miss their calls and you are in, they will follow up with you via post mail.

PS: I was previously in PES C, and i had to go through for additional follow up. Good thing for me, im still fit for flying. :) So, dont think that you wont pass through your med check up, just because youre in a lower PES status. Neverheless, it will srill depend on case to case basis.

All the best to everyone that is waiting for your phone call! Merry Christmas and happy jolidays!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 25 Dec 2011 3:38 am

hafiz_ wrote: hi guys, my friends from the same interview batch received their rejection letter three weeks after the management round. and i got mine four weeks after the management round... so yup! just sharing. :)
Hi hafiz are you still trying to get in? It has been a while seen I last see you here...

Paeyilin

Post by Paeyilin » Sun, 25 Dec 2011 9:10 pm

kylie_nicole wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
kylie_nicole wrote: any reason why you would be under the KIV list? would they inform you that you're under the KIV list? my notice period was immediate, still haven't got my call yet.
How did yr medical go?
i went for a second x-ray for scoliosis but mary just called me! i cleared my medical. So happy right now. i'm sure your call will come very soon. :)
congrats kyile! i got my call too! :)
My trg is starting on 1st Feb. Anyone else?