Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chocolatier

Post by chocolatier » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:14 pm

Hi, i would like to enquire if you're not pysically fit as shown in the medical report, will SIA call you immediately to inform you or they will drag for abt a week and then inform you. Thanksss

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:29 pm

Studying and flying is not easy. Your roster is not fix so very difficult to attend lectures worst when its Examination time. You can't change flight when you are on probation and if you change flight you will suffer income loss as in giving away good flight away to get off days. When oversea you can't go out as you have to study and thus can't build repo with fellow crew, giving them an anti-social impression. If its ok with you the its ok ....its up to you to do your time management

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:31 pm

I think so too, so far all those replied says they like blue too :wink: just pray hard that you get blue ya hehehe :P

sheepish

Post by sheepish » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:40 pm

Expats' gathering
Date: 2nd/3rd Feb*
Event: Dinner/Karaoke/Dinner and Karaoke.*
Venue: Yet to confirm.
* Please delete your selection accordingly.

1) Abercrombie
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888
5) Sokeai
6) zetpeh
7) hafiz_
8) sheepish Dinner only

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:42 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:hey, anyone knows how part time study (uni) will be like when you are a cabin crew? as in the time table etc? how will be like for study and flying schedule? :?
my friend's flying now and he rarely has time to attend lectures. what more do his readings man. sigh. this has always been my dilemma. jialattttt. :?
hey thanks, as for part time they won't look out for ur attendance in order to let you take the exam? i'm still considering if i should go for uni nevertheless i'm still hoping to get into SIA. i don't know what i should do, should i go study 1st or start working as financial is also a problem for me. if i get into SIA i have to finish the bond before i can go for uni, but once left SIA, they won't take you back that easily. tough decision though :cry:

maddy_licious

Post by maddy_licious » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:00 pm

rainschocolate wrote:my training starts on 18th FEB! one week after yours.. so do i suppose i'll be getting my contract etc 2 weeks later?
erm. i'm not too sure. becuase mary told me i'll recieve it today. normally she told me last monday. so when she inform u that u've passed ur medical? probably 1-2 weeks after she inform u, i suppose? :roll:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:11 pm

maddy_licious wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:my training starts on 18th FEB! one week after yours.. so do i suppose i'll be getting my contract etc 2 weeks later?
erm. i'm not too sure. becuase mary told me i'll recieve it today. normally she told me last monday. so when she inform u that u've passed ur medical? probably 1-2 weeks after she inform u, i suppose? :roll:
oh.. hmm she informed me.. wednesday.. 4 days ago lor.. maybe one more week ++ hopefully will get the agreement letter thingy. hehe
the world at your doorstep.

chocolatier

Post by chocolatier » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:18 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
maddy_licious wrote:
oh.. hmm she informed me.. wednesday.. 4 days ago lor.. maybe one more week ++ hopefully will get the agreement letter thingy. hehe
hi, sorry to interrupt. She called you to inform you about the medical and will she also tell you your training date?

jlkm2005

Post by jlkm2005 » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:45 pm

what's the gathering about??
izzit for ppl who got into SIA only or for everybody??
can i join??

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:05 am

jlkm2005 wrote:what's the gathering about??
can i join??
Its for people who wanted to be a Steward/Stewardess, or already Started training/flying in SIA. :wink:

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 1:04 am

can i join??
of course you can! somemore abercrombie is gracing this occasion lei. :)

jlkm2005

Post by jlkm2005 » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 1:16 am

Expats' gathering
Date: 2nd/3rd Feb*
Event: Dinner/Karaoke/Dinner and Karaoke.*
Venue: Yet to confirm.
* Please delete your selection accordingly.

1) Abercrombie
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888
5) Sokeai
6) zetpeh
7) hafiz_
8) sheepish Dinner only
9) jlkm2005

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 1:27 am

hafiz_ wrote:
can i join??
of course you can! somemore abercrombie is gracing this occasion lei. :)
i was soooooooooooooooo surprised to see abercrombies name on no. 1 too.. haha :shock:
the world at your doorstep

maddy_licious

Post by maddy_licious » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 2:37 am

rainschocolate wrote:
maddy_licious wrote:

good luck! i'm waiting for mine too. its been a week. i'll let u know how long i've waited for the contract once i've got it =)

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:49 am

the forum is very quiet ley...... all on holiday? :?
mugging....