Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Answers?
Regular
Regular

Post by Answers? » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:46 am

starry wrote:erhh.... i don't think it is very nice to post people's blogs in an open forum.

anyway, i would think that they would close their blogs or change their blog url after knowing their blogs are being posted on a forum.

there was a pair of twins, both working as SQ girls. and after having their blog url posted on forum, they changed their url. cos i was reading their blogs n they mentioned that someone posted their url on a forum n they decided to change url... heeee..... but i was not the one who post their url on forum.

well, just my opinion. no hard feelings ya....
If people did not want their blogs read by all and sundry they wouldn't have started blogs would they. How to stop your blog from being listed on Technorati? The blog search engine? If they only want selected people to read them then they should password protect the site in order to gain entrance to the site. The internet is a public thing in case you weren't aware! #-o ](*,)

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: SIA

Post by Plavt » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 1:19 pm

Fannyo wrote:
Any advice for the interviews ?

Why don't you sit down with a notepad and think what the job involves and research what you write? That way you can plan your application and show some interest and enthusiasm in the job,

Plavt.

starry

Post by starry » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 5:23 pm

Answers? wrote:
starry wrote:erhh.... i don't think it is very nice to post people's blogs in an open forum.

anyway, i would think that they would close their blogs or change their blog url after knowing their blogs are being posted on a forum.

there was a pair of twins, both working as SQ girls. and after having their blog url posted on forum, they changed their url. cos i was reading their blogs n they mentioned that someone posted their url on a forum n they decided to change url... heeee..... but i was not the one who post their url on forum.

well, just my opinion. no hard feelings ya....
If people did not want their blogs read by all and sundry they wouldn't have started blogs would they. How to stop your blog from being listed on Technorati? The blog search engine? If they only want selected people to read them then they should password protect the site in order to gain entrance to the site. The internet is a public thing in case you weren't aware! #-o ](*,)
sure, of course, i know the internet is a public thing. i am not stupid....
i am just stating my opinion. cos i know some pp just write a blog for memory sake n let only a few friends know abt it.. but maybe they dun really know how to set password on their blog...
i am just saying that i feel it is not nice to post on forum, just my personal views. n i guess some will stop their blog soon...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 6:00 pm

starry wrote: sure, of course, i know the internet is a public thing. i am not stupid....
Hmm.....
but maybe they dun really know how to set password on their blog...
Don't be ridiculous, if they didn't want anybody other than their friends to read they would find out how to set their passwords. However that would defeat the object of having a blog as friends know each other. A blog therefore is for strangers to read.

Plavt.

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 7:26 pm

Plavt wrote: Don't be ridiculous, if they didn't want anybody other than their friends to read they would find out how to set their passwords. However that would defeat the object of having a blog as friends know each other. A blog therefore is for strangers to read.

Plavt.
Ahahahaah. YES.

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Post by grivoise » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 7:45 pm

Fannyo wrote:Anyone knows when is SIA recruiting local cabin crew again? I missed the last recruitment and would wish to try for the next one ?

Some SIA cabin crew blogs to share with you:
1. blessedkewpie.blogspot.com
2. jactian.blogspot.com
3. fionadiary.blogspot.com
4. juztryingmyluck.blogspot.com
5. -sqcraze-.blogspot.com
6. missyrea.blogspot.com

Any advice for the interviews ?
I honestly don't mean to be rude here, but if we were to take the impression of these ladies no. 4 and 6 as a rough benchmark, then I don't see how any lady could fail to impress in the interview rounds when they're required to speak. Intelligibly.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 8:43 pm

grivoise wrote: I honestly don't mean to be rude here, but if we were to take the impression of these ladies no. 4 and 6 as a rough benchmark, then I don't see how any lady could fail to impress in the interview rounds when they're required to speak. Intelligibly.
I wouldn't take a blog as any indication of how these people speak since they wouldn't have spoken like that at their interviews. Blogs are for their own use and places where one does as they choose. In a way you can liken it to learning to drive; you would be taught how to drive in order to pass your test but afterwards may choose to drive a different way for whatever reason.

Plavt.

mydior

Post by mydior » Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:23 pm

Plavt wrote:
grivoise wrote: I honestly don't mean to be rude here, but if we were to take the impression of these ladies no. 4 and 6 as a rough benchmark, then I don't see how any lady could fail to impress in the interview rounds when they're required to speak. Intelligibly.
I wouldn't take a blog as any indication of how these people speak since they wouldn't have spoken like that at their interviews. Blogs are for their own use and places where one does as they choose. In a way you can liken it to learning to drive; you would be taught how to drive in order to pass your test but afterwards may choose to drive a different way for whatever reason.

Plavt.
you are absolutely right. after you've gotten your driving license, you might not even drive at 50km/h or 60km/h on normal roads anymore.

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Post by grivoise » Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:21 pm

Plavt wrote:I wouldn't take a blog as any indication of how these people speak since they wouldn't have spoken like that at their interviews. Blogs are for their own use and places where one does as they choose. In a way you can liken it to learning to drive; you would be taught how to drive in order to pass your test but afterwards may choose to drive a different way for whatever reason.

Plavt.
True. But have you visited those? The four others are definitely worth the read. But I think iF u R 1 oF thoSe whu likes to wRite lyke dis n dunno your does and doS...

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 13 Aug 2006 2:58 pm

A tribute to SIA girls. Watch this.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZRI3cRnLw
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

mydior

Post by mydior » Sun, 13 Aug 2006 7:02 pm

grivoise wrote:
Plavt wrote:I wouldn't take a blog as any indication of how these people speak since they wouldn't have spoken like that at their interviews. Blogs are for their own use and places where one does as they choose. In a way you can liken it to learning to drive; you would be taught how to drive in order to pass your test but afterwards may choose to drive a different way for whatever reason.

Plavt.
True. But have you visited those? The four others are definitely worth the read. But I think iF u R 1 oF thoSe whu likes to wRite lyke dis n dunno your does and doS...
are you a crew?

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 4:27 pm

Shreked wrote:A tribute to SIA girls. Watch this.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZRI3cRnLw

Are you from Emirates?

Heh, there are quite a few good-lookers! Too bad the poor Trainees have to bear such hideous make up!

beenhoon

Post by beenhoon » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 4:55 pm

can't read no. 1 and no. 6
wrong url or did they shutdown their blogs?

but the other blogs are interesting to read. :wink:
Last edited by beenhoon on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolshadow

Post by coolshadow » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 5:42 pm

Greenlife wrote:Anyone going Emirates airline interview on this coming 26th august at Outram park?
Helo,

I will be going for the Emirates Open Day on the 26th of this month.. anybody else also having thoughts or are already confirmed going down??

Anyway, great job pple for keeping this forum up. It sure provided alot of info into becoming a cabin crew. :D

beann sprout

Emirates airline interview on this coming 26th august

Post by beann sprout » Mon, 14 Aug 2006 5:54 pm

I'll be gng! :D But heard their interview is even harder to get thru than SIA's...