Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:15 pm

salvana wrote:
xanngac wrote:
jassylolly wrote:hello I am new to this forum
so can I make friends with ya girls? :)
Hey jassylolly, actually we all also started talking as strangers, everyone is really nice over here, no need to ask for permission to make friends hehe. :)
wahahah... precisely.... this isn't army camp lah... no permission is required to b friend with any1 here.
we're all friends virtually... and definitely soon... we all will be friends in real life... or better still ah... COLLEAGUES!!!! ah...wahhaha.... :D

then we can visit lotsa exotic places on the globe together.... wahhaha.... Gosh... I'm flying too far away now... somebody pls pull me back to the earth... 8-)
Hehehe no need to pull u back, must dream big I also dreaming everyday hahahaha.

Must be very hardworking check my email everyday from now on... [-o<
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:17 pm

snowss wrote:I have a friend who is also keen to apply...but one thing is she has a nitec cert but no diploma...but she has 5 o levels credit....now she is working 1.5yrs as cust scv...Is tat ok?
I think can ba. The requirement says "At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience" ma. Ask her to try lor, no harm trying right. Just don't quit the job first while she applies for it. :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:18 pm

ben-yng wrote:
salvana wrote:hey ben-yng,

wahahhaah..... wat a quote,man!! <"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say u cannot do...">

dun care whether will be shortlisted anot.. most importantly we gotta do our part first... is to send in our application....
the rest of it is totally beyond our control....

let's pray harder....

btw, i noticed dat in SIA's website...it stated dat those graduating by end of 2007 may apply,rite?
No idea whether this is typo or wat....
Coz.... I'll only b graduating on may'08.
oh well.... who cares... juz send in.... if not shortlisted oso nvm...can always wait for the next walk-in.
good !! what a word !! "oh well.... who cares...." walao i like it.. you are my gurl !!!

my experience..if you care so much think so much about one thing... it will become a hinder and it will stop you moving forward... juz think about what you want then go ahead.. stop thinking or worrying others..because===> "oh well~~~who cares~~~" !!!
wahahahah..... thank u.. thank u... damn touch lah to b ur gurl....wahahha....

yupe... let's do it neh!!
btw, have u passport pic ready wif ya?
Hey....mind to show me ur 60's pic? wahahha.... :D

xanngac,

are u still rowing the boat? or am i the only 1 dat's keep rowing? wahhahahaha.............. :P
Dreams Do Come True

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:33 pm

salvana wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
salvana wrote:hey ben-yng,

wahahhaah..... wat a quote,man!! <"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say u cannot do...">

dun care whether will be shortlisted anot.. most importantly we gotta do our part first... is to send in our application....
the rest of it is totally beyond our control....

let's pray harder....

btw, i noticed dat in SIA's website...it stated dat those graduating by end of 2007 may apply,rite?
No idea whether this is typo or wat....
Coz.... I'll only b graduating on may'08.
oh well.... who cares... juz send in.... if not shortlisted oso nvm...can always wait for the next walk-in.
good !! what a word !! "oh well.... who cares...." walao i like it.. you are my gurl !!!

my experience..if you care so much think so much about one thing... it will become a hinder and it will stop you moving forward... juz think about what you want then go ahead.. stop thinking or worrying others..because===> "oh well~~~who cares~~~" !!!
wahahahah..... thank u.. thank u... damn touch lah to b ur gurl....wahahha....

yupe... let's do it neh!!
btw, have u passport pic ready wif ya?
Hey....mind to show me ur 60's pic? wahahha.... :D

xanngac,

are u still rowing the boat? or am i the only 1 dat's keep rowing? wahhahahaha.............. :P
Of course I'm rowing with you! We're suppose to row together remember keke. I sent my application this morning already. Wah very excited hahaha. :D

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:39 pm

hahah i keep checking my mail.

though i know its like IMPOSSIBLE to receive any replies within this 2 weeks. LOL!!

my photo.. gosh.
den i reallu shud have taken a nicer one.
hahaha but i sent in alr!! wad to do? =\

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:42 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:hey ppl, after looking more at this forum i feel more dejected. haha. cannot accept what happened on 1dec when i got kicked out of the kebaya round..

anyway, i have one question i'm dying to ask and know about. i have freckles, a very very mild scar on my cheeks (it cant be seens unless you really look at it.) and i also have a very very small scar or "mor peng" above my brows that is very difficult to cover with.. wil i have problems at the skin check?

some kind souls pls help me with this!
I have seen quite a few stewardess with your condition before, well I think it depends on the mood of the one conducting the check on that day...
its sad to know that. but thanks abercrombie.
hey hey wad happened during your kebaya round?
coz i know this girl.. she couldn't get pass the kebaya round, 2 times. all the same thing happen..

the skin thingy.. i'm not really sure.
i only know i was kicked out coz of pimples. hahah
it was my first time on the 1stDec too!
wad group were you from?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:54 pm

I've completed the application form but the photo is one huge problem! Oh no!

So girls & guys whom took part in the 1 Dec walk in, did u declare that in ur form?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:57 pm

rainschocolate wrote:hahah i keep checking my mail.

though i know its like IMPOSSIBLE to receive any replies within this 2 weeks. LOL!!

my photo.. gosh.
den i reallu shud have taken a nicer one.
hahaha but i sent in alr!! wad to do? =\
Hahaha tell me about it, I keep checking even though I know it's unlikely to receive anything so soon. :p

I'm sure it will be fine. Have some faith. :)

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:57 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:I've completed the application form but the photo is one huge problem! Oh no!

So girls & guys whom took part in the 1 Dec walk in, did u declare that in ur form?
erm.. declare wad?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:59 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:I've completed the application form but the photo is one huge problem! Oh no!

erm.. declare wad?
There is a column whereby they ask you to declare any applied on any previous occasion for employment in SIA? give date and position

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 7:04 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: I have seen quite a few stewardess with your condition before, well I think it depends on the mood of the one conducting the check on that day...
its sad to know that. but thanks abercrombie.
coz i know this girl.. she couldn't get pass the kebaya round, 2 times. all the same thing happen..

wad group were you from?
hi choco! i was in group 34, at the 1st round there were 5 booted out in my grp, at the kebaya round was my n another gal.. i wud say that the skin of all my grp members were pretty good. except fpr a particular malay gal who has a lil scars on the back of her neck (she has short hair) and a few mozzies bite marks on her wrist but she got in.

kebabya round kicked out 2 gals, me n another gal. we assumed that we walked too fast.. all other gals who walked slow went in, only the 2 of us got booted out. when we finished walking, this lady simply stared at us emotionless and asked us to changed out of the uniform. we din even get to the skin check stage..

which is why i'm very very worried bout the skin check stage when i go for the next interview.. hai...

what happened to u? pimples? alot?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 7:34 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: its sad to know that. but thanks abercrombie.

wad group were you from?
hi choco! i was in group 34, at the 1st round there were 5 booted out in my grp, at the kebaya round was my n another gal.. i wud say that the skin of all my grp members were pretty good. except fpr a particular malay gal who has a lil scars on the back of her neck (she has short hair) and a few mozzies bite marks on her wrist but she got in.

kebabya round kicked out 2 gals, me n another gal. we assumed that we walked too fast.. all other gals who walked slow went in, only the 2 of us got booted out. when we finished walking, this lady simply stared at us emotionless and asked us to changed out of the uniform. we din even get to the skin check stage..

which is why i'm very very worried bout the skin check stage when i go for the next interview.. hai...

oh i was a kiasu one. haha i was in group 4.

same here. 5/10 moved on to the kebaya.

1/5 out of kebaya. she didn't walk too fast, its just her figure is not very right for the kebaya. surprisingly gooood figure. but maybe it jus doesn't suit the kebaya.

i was the only one who got kicked out of the skin check.
my skin was reallllll very bad tat day.
i have those little zits on chest and back, so iguess thats the main prob.
its obvious (chest area) coz the kebaya shows your upper chest. tats why i think. haha

the kebaya lady wad nice to me la, in a sense, i also dunno why.
she asked me how i felt in the kebaya.. was it tight.. and how was my night b4.. did i sleep well.. and all tat. think she wan to see if i'm dying under the kebaya and if i cud still talk. haha

and yes, i did declare that i went for the 01DEC walk in interview in the write in... will it affect? =(

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 7:52 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
rainschocolate wrote: hey hey wad happened during your kebaya round?

wad group were you from?

oh i was a kiasu one. haha i was in group 4.

same here. 5/10 moved on to the kebaya.

1/5 out of kebaya. she didn't walk too fast, its just her figure is not very right for the kebaya. surprisingly gooood figure. but maybe it jus doesn't suit the kebaya.

i was the only one who got kicked out of the skin check.
my skin was reallllll very bad tat day.
i have those little zits on chest and back, so iguess thats the main prob.
its obvious (chest area) coz the kebaya shows your upper chest. tats why i think. haha

the kebaya lady wad nice to me la, in a sense, i also dunno why.
she asked me how i felt in the kebaya.. was it tight.. and how was my night b4.. did i sleep well.. and all tat. think she wan to see if i'm dying under the kebaya and if i cud still talk. haha

and yes, i did declare that i went for the 01DEC walk in interview in the write in... will it affect? =(
wat a waste.. nex time do take care of yourself b4 going for the interview ya.. the kebaya fitted me well.. was the right size for me.. i have a habit of walking fast due to my banquet job in oriental.. i guess thats wat bring me down..

the lady, was it the one wearing the polka dot blouse? she simply asked me "how are you?" and asked me to cat walk thats all.. i prolly appeared very nervous and cant wait for it to be over when i walked.

i dun tink it will affect it if you write it in the form bcos a fren i met in the recruitment treid for 3/ 4 times.. if they know that you've tried b4 they'll ask u questions like "what do you think happened that made you fail in your previous attempts? what if you fail again?" i tink the main thing is how you react and handle to the questions. this case i guess you can ask VeNie who knows better.. :D

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 8:02 pm

hahhaha i worked in banquets before too!!!! at orchard parade hotel. anyway.. i'm still trying to get my skin done, its so stubborn. hahah

i think tat lady.. hmmm
let me recall..
i remeber its a black kneelength dress? or smthing like tat.

oh den next time jus take your time to walk.
haha i had a hard time trying to squeeze into tat kebaya. the boob area is really really tight. the girl next to me had to come over and zip it up for me. lol i guess that kebaya i took was a little small for me. =\ so lucky tat she let me pass.

i think. we should go earlier next time? ahha when they're still in a good mood.

i'm STILL desperately checking my mailbox. haha!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 8:20 pm

yea.. she's the one.. haha.. how old are you? i'm still in oriental banquet.. pretty good experience ya?

what time did you go to que that day?

i stiil haven send in the application.. no printer, no scanner.. am gonna do it tmr.. =)