Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Re: Silkair 3rd interview

Post by Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:01 am

[quote="guest~"]Thanks for your reply Silkair crew. Truly appreciate it that you let us know what is in for the 3rd round of interview.

But can I clarify something with u please? Your interview procedure somehow seemed different from what my friend told me as she was selected during the Jan' 05 intake.

She said that during the 3rd round of interview, they were asked to change into Silkair's uniform and at the same time, being checked for visible scars on body and face. Afterwhich, selected candidates would proceed for swimming test in the afternoon.

Therefore, is it that the procedures of the interview is always changing?

During my time, there was no uniform change. I guess perhaps the interview process had changed. The part which is true is that you have to pass the morning interview in order to go for the swim test in the afternoon. Just be natural and be yourself. Good LucK!!

Silkair crew

Re: Silkair 3rd interview

Post by Silkair crew » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:02 am

Anonymous wrote:
guest~ wrote:Thanks for your reply Silkair crew. Truly appreciate it that you let us know what is in for the 3rd round of interview.

But can I clarify something with u please? Your interview procedure somehow seemed different from what my friend told me as she was selected during the Jan' 05 intake.

She said that during the 3rd round of interview, they were asked to change into Silkair's uniform and at the same time, being checked for visible scars on body and face. Afterwhich, selected candidates would proceed for swimming test in the afternoon.

Therefore, is it that the procedures of the interview is always changing?
During my time, there was no uniform change. I guess perhaps the interview process had changed. The part which is true is that you have to pass the morning interview in order to go for the swim test in the afternoon. Just be natural and be yourself. Good LucK!!

starlets

Re: 3rd interviews

Post by starlets » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:25 am

i have some marks on my leg, so will it affect my results. anyway even if we r selected we will also need to wear stocking wat. so does it really matter.

Post by Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:42 am

i heard from my friends tat we will be wearing something like a jump suit with e life jacket, issit true?

Bluz

Post by Bluz » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 2:39 am

babyshann wrote:hahaha Tori you are lucky!!!

I sent my application this morning by Speed Post which cost me 9 bucks haha..

It' really efficient, reached SIA by 6pm...but not as efficient as email!!

HMPH!! GRRRRRRRrrrrr..

Babyshann...you sent via speedpost??? hmmm...
Well, i panicked when i tried sending my application on the 16th and it didn't get through. Tried for like 5 times throughout the day.. none got in. So rushed to get everything printed and wanted to send by Speedpost too... but when i got to the post office, the lady told me their address is PO Box. So they can't let anyone sign for the mail. It's advisable to send thru normal mail, so that the application gets there and not wait to be collected else where. (think of it, would they bother to go and collect YOUR application?) The people at SIA will have to take the letter and collect the mail themselves at the nearest post office to them. (i do not wish to be a wet blanket)... but i think you better send one via email. Don't care if it's after the dateline.. just go ahead and send.

Anyways i tried sending my application thru email that night and it went thru (as in no bounced back mails like the previous ones). Felt like a fool, coz i sent one via snail mail also...

Anyways!
All the best to ya! :wink:

babyshann

Post by babyshann » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:58 am

Oh really!! Thanks for telling me bluz!! Big Big thank you!!

i'll send again through email... right now hahhaaha..=P

babyshann

Post by babyshann » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:06 am

Yay! the sending was successful!! hahaha.. NO more bounce back..=D

Bluz

Post by Bluz » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 1:09 pm

babyshann wrote:Yay! the sending was successful!! hahaha.. NO more bounce back..=D
Great! :o Hope we get shortlisted and eventually get into SQ!! haha...
All the best to all who applied for this june intake! :wink:

Cheerios!
Bluz

shan

For the 02/03 July 2005 Interview

Post by shan » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:34 pm

Hi all. Realized that there was already 1 intake before this July 02/03 one for 2005. Do u usually get called for interview before the interview date stated on the SIA career website? Weird that so many pple already went for their 1st and even 2nd and 3rd interviews! I sent in my application on the 11 June. Do i still stand any chance? Someone enlighten me. Thx.

Bluz

Re: For the 02/03 July 2005 Interview

Post by Bluz » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:59 am

shan wrote:Hi all. Realized that there was already 1 intake before this July 02/03 one for 2005. Do u usually get called for interview before the interview date stated on the SIA career website? Weird that so many pple already went for their 1st and even 2nd and 3rd interviews! I sent in my application on the 11 June. Do i still stand any chance? Someone enlighten me. Thx.
Hmmm... shan, you sent in on the 11th... the closing date for this round's recruitment closes on the 18th. So i guess you'll be considered for this application round! Now we'll just wait for the shortlisting mail to come in!.. All the best!

Fingers crossed...praying hard.. :P
Bluz

shan

Post by shan » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 1:17 pm

Gee its so scary to sit ard n wait fer these interview shortlists. Makes it more unnerving when so many applicants tried n failed. Anw how tall ru Bluz? I just make the mark only. Hmm...

Post by Guest » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 6:58 pm

How long is the notice period from the time you make it through all the interview rounds till the time you start your training with SIA? If I am still bonded to my company for another 3 months, would I be able to defer my training's start date?

starlite

Post by starlite » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 7:16 pm

Hi gals.. dun be so nervous.. be patient and wait for their reply.. if u dun get selected for the interview, dun panic.. i was called up for the 2nd batch of interview for the previous intake as there were too many applicants.. being nervous will only affect your performance..

Good Luck to all the gals applying!!

Post by Guest » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:05 pm

shan wrote:Gee its so scary to sit ard n wait fer these interview shortlists. Makes it more unnerving when so many applicants tried n failed. Anw how tall ru Bluz? I just make the mark only. Hmm...
Hi Shan... you r of the female species?
Tis one here... :)
Well, I'm 170cm i think... the last time i was there for an interview for another position, they measured me 171.5cm.. So i guess it depends on the person measuring you.. (she's short by the way...so the angle might have affected the measurement..hahaha) I'm not woried bout my height, but rather my size.. haha... so i guess we'll see what happens...

Dun have to be so nervous. Unless of course you are 'dying' to get the job... If not, I guess we'll just try again the next time round! :wink:

HopeNWish

SIA interview

Post by HopeNWish » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:21 pm

For the job opening for stewardess recently, closing date 18 June, any idea by when we will hear results for the invitation to the interview on 2 / 3 July? Keep me updated!!