Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:11 am

Plavt, mate - have you not realised that the Sq_wharever_comes_next id not a 14-year old, but donno again . . . .

Still spouting the same old crap/

donno, have you not realised what ip addresses are for?

'nuff said Image

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 07 May 2006 11:10 am

The minimum heights are actually not for the overhead compartment but to reach the emergency equipment.

jer

Cool off

Post by jer » Sun, 07 May 2006 11:31 am

oh well!

i know having such a height wont bring me anywhere into the crew, but i'll jus keep trying. no harm. :)

thanks tho, cool off!!

i was ask to leave the previous time, cuz of my height. dur.

my friend told me channel 8, that zhong qin is previously a FA, and she is damn short. is that true?

jer

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Height

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 11:49 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
Mr Plavt I am really trying to be patient with you...
I am not giving any false hope..I think there was a post in this forum ages ago when this person who went for an interview passed the height thing...She was only 157cm in height..

What did I say wrong Plavt?
If I posted a comment like I was 53 and am only 1.6m tall but got a job as a FS - for sure the truth. Would you go around dispensing that as the gospel that they hire short fat old bald FS's? You are a 14 yo kid without a modicum of common sense whatsoever. The best thing you could possibly do here is to log off here and log onto the disney channel. At least you would not use up so many column inches of wasted space while other are trying to find useful nuggets of information (which neither you nor Matt10 seem to provide other than repeating what other posters are saying and wishing people good luck - that's not a contribution, that's just clutter).

Frankly, I'm the one who is trying to be patient......... but it is not with Plavt....... :roll:

Capice?

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sun, 07 May 2006 11:51 am

I have seen many SIA stewardesses that are obviously shorter than 158cm and was wondering how they managed to get in. Maybe it was because, there was no height measurement but SIA will ask you to reach a mark on the wall which is 212cm high. I think that will be better. More chances for those who are a little shorter. :D

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:05 pm

SMS I promise you I will give information which will be valuable..
But please don't call me a disney channel kid or something..

Even if I don't have a modicum of common sense you have to accept it.
Because I'm still a teenager who is growing to get this modicum of common sense thing..

But I still respect you as you are older than me...
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sun, 07 May 2006 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

nicenice

Post by nicenice » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:28 pm

Any girls going for SILKAIR interview on 9 May???

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:17 pm

Matt10 wrote:I have seen many SIA stewardesses that are obviously shorter than 158cm and was wondering how they managed to get in. Maybe it was because, there was no height measurement but SIA will ask you to reach a mark on the wall which is 212cm high. I think that will be better. More chances for those who are a little shorter. :D
Do you keep a yard stick with you at all times?

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:23 pm

Matt10 wrote:The minimum heights are actually not for the overhead compartment but to reach the emergency equipment.
What are you talking about? All aircrew have to be able to reach the overhead compartments in order to secure them. What emergency equipment are you referring to? I have been in a number of aircraft whereupon I read the safety instructions every time and have never seen any emergency equipment located in the roof! It would seem to me you have never seen the inside of a plane!

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:28 pm

Plavt wrote:
Matt10 wrote:The minimum heights are actually not for the overhead compartment but to reach the emergency equipment.
What are you talking about? All aircrew have to be able to reach the overhead compartments in order to secure them. What emergency equipment are you referring to? I have been in a number of aircraft whereupon I read the safety instructions every time and have never seen any emergency equipment located in the roof! It would seem to me you have never seen the inside of a plane!

Plavt.
Yes this is true..If I am not wrong the emergency equipment is located above the seats right?And when there is an emergency it will drop from above?

Or another option is that the emergency equipment is located at the seats?

Correct me if I'm wrong..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:40 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
Plavt wrote:

Plavt.
Yes this is true..If I am not wrong the emergency equipment is located above the seats right?And when there is an emergency it will drop from above?

Time to buy yourself a very good book donno.

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:47 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: Yes this is true..If I am not wrong the emergency equipment is located above the seats right?And when there is an emergency it will drop from above?

Okay, you are wrong. The emergency equipment that drops is the oxygen masks and they are located on the underside of the overhead luggage racks. They are NOT in the roof of the plane. They are actually lower than the luggage bin door handles.

You see Shazni, this is exactly what I meant in my PM to you.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:59 pm

Errmm that was what I was trying to say...The underside of the luggage racks..

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:06 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Errmm that was what I was trying to say...The underside of the luggage racks..

Level of 14-year old's communication skills

'nuff said Image

p|uto

Post by p|uto » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:30 pm

can anyone advise when wil be the next recruitment for SIA air stewardess? :roll: