Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
just curious

Post by just curious » Thu, 04 May 2006 4:16 pm

After the kebaya round, will we know the result straight away or gotta wait for letter ?

thanks

somebody

Post by somebody » Thu, 04 May 2006 4:27 pm

>just curious: results will be known straight away; if passed then u'd have to stay for the psychometric test...

i've gone for the previous walk-in interview in end-feb, passed the mgmt interview & gone for my medical check-up in early april...but til now there's no news frm SIA leh...wondering what's the status of my application now...any advice from anyone?

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Thu, 04 May 2006 4:53 pm

brian,
when is ur second i'view?

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Thu, 04 May 2006 5:17 pm

somebody: so long??? did you ask around if anyone confirmed already or not?

serembanboy: no idea leh... now I every 30 minutes click refresh on my email loh. Hahah... so kan cheong sia... but at this rate, maybe the week after next, 15th that week.

Who else with me?

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 04 May 2006 5:23 pm

somebody wrote:>just curious: results will be known straight away; if passed then u'd have to stay for the psychometric test...

i've gone for the previous walk-in interview in end-feb, passed the mgmt interview & gone for my medical check-up in early april...but til now there's no news frm SIA leh...wondering what's the status of my application now...any advice from anyone?
hi somebody,

OMG!! are u sure u haven receive the notification from SIA. All those who passed thru for the walk-in Feb already inform abt their trainin date .they will be startin this may .. i think they muz have overlook you... gosh..think u got to check wi them real soon... :shock:

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Thu, 04 May 2006 5:45 pm

aniqma wrote:Hello,

I came early for the interview at around 08.40am and cleared my 2nd interview =) The one to one interview basically asked me about SIA, why i want to join them and so forth.And i was also asked to read a short passage. I expected those questions so my interview was somehow a breeze.

I'm going for my 3rd interview that is the water confidence test this thursday. And if i pass, i will proceed to the kebaya fitting followed by the psychometric test. =)

Wish me luck ppl! =)
Hi Aniqma,

Did you make it to the next round?

How was the passing rate like?

dyra

Post by dyra » Thu, 04 May 2006 6:05 pm

today's kebaya round 15 out of 40 make it thru to the final interview.

and there are girls age from 19 to 31 who got thru to the final interview.

hope it helps. =)

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Thu, 04 May 2006 7:11 pm

dyra wrote:today's kebaya round 15 out of 40 make it thru to the final interview.

hope it helps. =)
Hi Dyra,

thanks for your info! Wow only 15 out of 40 got through the Kebaya test... looks like chances are really really slim... sigh...

Did you get through?

Hmmm... from what you saw, can you roughly tell me why most of them got elimated? Too fat? Too skinny? Too lousy complexion?

Sorry for asking so much... really do wanna know what they're looking for.

Regards

TeaHouse

Post by TeaHouse » Thu, 04 May 2006 7:52 pm

Brian CZC wrote:somebody: so long??? did you ask around if anyone confirmed already or not?

serembanboy: no idea leh... now I every 30 minutes click refresh on my email loh. Hahah... so kan cheong sia... but at this rate, maybe the week after next, 15th that week.

Who else with me?
dun count on it, it could be a very very very long wait

TeaHouse

Post by TeaHouse » Thu, 04 May 2006 7:55 pm

i heard the collar bone part quite important...and if u get to choose ur kebaya, get the smaller size cos from what i heard(again), when u wear it it must look like tight fit to look good
oceanmist wrote:
dyra wrote:today's kebaya round 15 out of 40 make it thru to the final interview.

hope it helps. =)
Hi Dyra,

thanks for your info! Wow only 15 out of 40 got through the Kebaya test... looks like chances are really really slim... sigh...

Did you get through?

Hmmm... from what you saw, can you roughly tell me why most of them got elimated? Too fat? Too skinny? Too lousy complexion?

Regards

flyaway

Post by flyaway » Thu, 04 May 2006 10:25 pm

Hi all. Clarification - 12 out of 40 made it through today. No one is sure why the 28 candidates didn't make it.

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

WOW

Post by sq_boy » Thu, 04 May 2006 10:41 pm

flyaway wrote:Hi all. Clarification - 12 out of 40 made it through today. No one is sure why the 28 candidates didn't make it.
Hey flyaway,
That is a really high attrition rate. Did you get through?

dyra

Post by dyra » Thu, 04 May 2006 11:39 pm

oceanmist wrote:

hope it helps. =)
Hi Dyra,

Did you get through?

Regards
oops! sorry, the passing rate is 12 out of 40. i was in the last group. nope, i didn't get thru. guess i was too fat to look nice in the kebaya! will try again for the next recruitment.

good luck to all the girls for their final interview tomorrow and next monday! :)

Twinklez27

Post by Twinklez27 » Fri, 05 May 2006 4:05 am

TeaHouse wrote:i heard the collar bone part quite important...and if u get to choose ur kebaya, get the smaller size cos from what i heard(again), when u wear it it must look like tight fit to look good
oceanmist wrote:

hope it helps. =)
Hi Dyra,

Did you get through?

Regards
Hi Teahouse,

You said that the collar bone part is important? Hmm..was wondering how is that so? So is it better to have a protruding one or nothing at all? Thanks~!

Twinklez27

Post by Twinklez27 » Fri, 05 May 2006 4:14 am

Plavt wrote:
Twinklez27 wrote:
As for the 2nd round of interview (jus some info that i would like to share with other posters), be really prepared as they may pose some really challenging questions. They would ask the most common question, e.g. why do you want to join SIA; what do you know about SIA; what are some of the experiences that your SIA friends have shared with you, etc to scenario questions and even questions like between hardware and software, which one do you think is more important...faint..You really do need to make an impression by answering smartly and promptly..and the satisfaction is really high when you get that acknowledging nod from them.. :D
Twinkle,
This is just to enlarge on your experiences and help other applicants prepare for their coming interviews (I hope).

In any interview there are always going to be common questions which you have outlined above. Why do you want to join a company and what do you are unsurprising since the answer would show just how interested somebody is.

Scenario questions are of course to see how you would deal with a situation that may occur (e.g. spilling wine over a passenger accidentally due to turbulence - not your fault but you will still have to take the 'blame').

The other question regarding software and hardware is to see how quickly you can analyze a situation or problem. This often done by breaking a problem down into small manageable 'chunks' a bit like mathematics.
What do you need to use software? A computer of course. The computer consists of the hardware to operate the software. However, if the hardware is to old it might not support the software. Therefore one
answer is the hardware. Conversely someone might say I have the latest computer so the software is more important to me as I have a particular task in mind. Sometimes there are no right or wrong answers they are just looking for your ways of thinking.

Good luck with the remaining stages of your application, wishing you every success.

Plavt.
Hi Plavt,

Yup, i was sharing the interview questions that i got from the interviewer that time. :lol: Thanks for your insights regarding the interview questions. But just one point to note, that 'software and hardware' thingy is actually refering to people and the facilities of SIA. That was what i interpreted that day and i suppose i was correct, Heh, cause after that question, she seemed really pleased and decided to give me that slip of paper! heh...

oh, anyway, my answer was that both are equally important..because it is the people that differentiate SIA from the other airlines, cause this is one asset that cannot be copied (think about the professional pilot and the service-orientated cabin crews). But on the other hand, hardware is also important in providing a safe and comfortable environment for the passengers on board. (think about the inflight facilities, the reclined and spacious seats, the inflight meals..)

Hope this will clarify the point that i have raised up earlier~ :lol: