Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
milky

???

Post by milky » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:01 am

Is tatoo a NO ?
shld cover up or just wear bikini for the swim test?

can anyone answer me? :???:

prince

Re: ???

Post by prince » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:38 am

milky wrote:Is tatoo a NO ?

it is ok as long as its not in very obvious areas of ur body. that is, as long as it canbe covered when u r wearing your uniform.

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Re: 3rd Round

Post by zoergal » Wed, 03 May 2006 9:42 am

sfugel wrote:
just curious wrote:Anyone know if the kebaya is one size fits all or are there sizes to choose from ??

Thanks!
Hi Juz curious,kebayas are the part of the icon and image of the SIA girl,each individual crew will have their's made and measured to fit them perfectly!

hi sfugel,

i was told that we will have a buddy system during the four mths training and after the training , then right after we graduate from the training, me and my buddy will be flying together for 1 yr . Is it true ? Or it is juz a rumour??

Beside that , heard that the seniors will "zap' the juniors ....is it true ???

Hope you can clarify my doubts . Thank You.

just curious

Post by just curious » Wed, 03 May 2006 2:51 pm

sfugel wrote:
just curious wrote:Anyone know if the kebaya is one size fits all or are there sizes to choose from ??

Thanks!
Hi Juz curious,kebayas are the part of the icon and image of the SIA girl,each individual crew will have their's made and measured to fit them perfectly!
okie...but during the 3rd round of kebaya fitting,wad is the procedure like ?

plyn

Post by plyn » Wed, 03 May 2006 3:23 pm

just curious wrote:
sfugel wrote:

Thanks!
there will be a selection of blue and green kebayas for u to choose from. as mentioned, each individual crew has their own kebaya made to their measurements and all these are probably rejects due to wear and tear. there's no particular sizes so just pick one that fits you the most. and pls hang them back nicely after you all have taken your kebaya top and skirts.

you will then be called to the room where there will be 2 ladies (an SIA executive and a Lancome beautician) scrutinizing you. you will be told to walk up and down 2 times, and hold a tray.

get ready to wait.. cos there will be LOTS OF WAITING.. :D

all the best to those going for your interviews!

sfugel

Post by sfugel » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:31 pm

Hi Zoergal, they used to have the buddy system until you complete your probation but I think now it's only until your supernumeray (sny)flights.As for the 'zapping' bit,it was rampant when I 1st joined in the 80's,but they have drastically dropped,besides you can always confide in your other seniors if you do face this.The senior ranking crew have been reminded to use 'soft' approach when dealing with new crew.BUT remember something,sometimes crew tend to correct you in an 'abrupt'manner,but this is because they themselves are under certain pressure,like trying to complete the meal service,or other pressure from pax,please don't take this to heart......it's only natural 'in the heat of the moment' thing.Most if not all crew are generally nice and affable people.Hope this help.

just curious

Post by just curious » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:57 pm

plyn wrote:
just curious wrote:
sfugel wrote: Hi Juz curious,kebayas are the part of the icon and image of the SIA girl,each individual crew will have their's made and measured to fit them perfectly!
there will be a selection of blue and green kebayas for u to choose from. as mentioned, each individual crew has their own kebaya made to their measurements and all these are probably rejects due to wear and tear. there's no particular sizes so just pick one that fits you the most. and pls hang them back nicely after you all have taken your kebaya top and skirts.

you will then be called to the room where there will be 2 ladies (an SIA executive and a Lancome beautician) scrutinizing you. you will be told to walk up and down 2 times, and hold a tray.

get ready to wait.. cos there will be LOTS OF WAITING.. :D

all the best to those going for your interviews!
oooo...i see...cos im going for the 3rd round on 11th May ! Anyone going? hehe...

This is so exciting man !

How abt the swimming test ? what can i expect ? you just jump or are you required to swim a distance?

Its more appropriate to wear a one piece swimming gear than bikini right ?

After the swimming test is the kebaya test straight away right ? do they give u time to put on make up or no ?

milky

Post by milky » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:32 am

prince wrote:

it is ok as long as its not in very obvious areas of ur body. that is, as long as it canbe covered when u r wearing your uniform.
shld i wear normal bikini and declare to them or a cover up swim gear? plz advise.. thanksss~!

milky

Post by milky » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:35 am

prince wrote:

i have one big tattoo on my back and i suppose it wun be a problem when wearin uni..guess it be totally cover up but im just afraid of the swim round where they check the body...i was wondering shld i declare or not?

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Hey

Post by sq_boy » Thu, 04 May 2006 9:46 am

charle wrote:Hi Sheryl,
dun worry, they will honour their promise to email u the date, just be patient and wait, last walk in i went i waited for the email as well, for 2 weeks, but in the end i i didnt get thru the final interview.

Yesterday i attended the interview for the guys and i got through 1st round, waiting for email again.

Be confident!
Hey charle,
I have PMed you. Could you please kindly advise, thanks.

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Thu, 04 May 2006 10:41 am

Hi guys,

I'll like to check if the trainer will let you pass if you cover up your scars (those that can't be covered by the Kebaya) with concealer... Well I'm sure Lancome beauticans can tell even if it's been covered up...

Anyone has such experience? Thanks!

Regards

serembanboy

FS

Post by serembanboy » Thu, 04 May 2006 11:13 am

sfu girl,

since the fss has kebaya fitting, how bout the guys?
is there a stage where the guys have to put on the unfiorm n carry the tray? thx.

charle

Post by charle » Thu, 04 May 2006 12:26 pm

serembanboy,
there is no uniform fitting or tray carrying for the guys.

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:29 pm

thx charle.
anyone here, do correct me if im wrong. for the fs interview is the process will be like this?
1st level - group
2nd level - one to one
3rd level- swim test
4th level - tea party & mgmt interview.
thx.

Brian CZC

Post by Brian CZC » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:57 pm

serembanboy wrote:thx charle.
anyone here, do correct me if im wrong. for the fs interview is the process will be like this?
1st level - group
2nd level - one to one
3rd level- swim test
4th level - tea party & mgmt interview.
thx.
there's supposed to be a "psychometric" test also right? Level 2.5 right?