Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Post by M » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:50 am

Blur.. wrote:
M wrote:
Blur... wrote:Did she ask u all those that she asked me? I was from Rm 5 too..! Hai..next time be well prepared..
Hi Blur,

If you're referring to me, the main question posed to me was; "Why do you want to be a Air Steward?" She also did ask me about my previous job placements and why the switch of industry to begin with.

Were you on Sat or Sun to begin with? :?:
Saturday...Can only blame myself for not fully prepared. Pls share with us ur coming interviews n good luck ~!
Thank you and no worries yeah? You have learned and will be able to apply what you have learned this round for the next interview. :D

shopaholic

To Sandyce and Flown

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 1:11 pm

[quote="Sandyce"][quote="flown"]Message to all of those who just joined or planning to be part of SIA cabin crew…

I’ve read some rather disturbing postings concerning public opinion towards SIA cabin crew.
1st of all, regarding the senior-junior culture in cabin crew. To begin with, SIA culture is built upon our very own Asian culture whereby seniors are accorded more respect. Although it is my opinion that it is an Asian culture, some people may view it as a military culture. I would like to justify complaints that some “newbie’s”

des

Post by des » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 1:39 pm

if possible, can the shortlisted ones state what kinda questions were asked during 2nd round?

Post by Guest » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 3:37 pm

anyone has the number to silkair hr dept?
i would like to ask regarding those who didnt managed to get in, will they receive the rejection letter as told earlier?

hmmm

Post by hmmm » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 5:21 pm

just out of curiosity, SQ from what i understand, they are selective with picking their girls and they sometimes make pretty good choices. one query... during the uniform test, i heard that they do have beautician to check applicants skin for "defects" what if one particular applicant is good but due to fact she have a tiny scar which is somehow a little difficult to cover even with concealer, does tht mean she will be elimicate?.. wont that be a waste if she have other good attributes but was eliminate for 1 tiny scar?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 6:30 pm

hmmm wrote:just out of curiosity, SQ from what i understand, they are selective with picking their girls and they sometimes make pretty good choices. one query... during the uniform test, i heard that they do have beautician to check applicants skin for "defects" what if one particular applicant is good but due to fact she have a tiny scar which is somehow a little difficult to cover even with concealer, does tht mean she will be elimicate?.. wont that be a waste if she have other good attributes but was eliminate for 1 tiny scar?

Dear hmmm, if like you said, this said girl has a tiny scar, then why is it even difficult to cover? If it really is that tiny, then I believe it's nothing a good makeup artist can't disguise/fix.

Really don't think that SQ will be like, "WAH LAO EH did you see that small speck of freckle under her chin??!??! OUT!!"

We definitely have to give SQ more credit than that. It's probably huge, visible cuts/birthmarks that they are more concerned about. But then again, I could be wrong.

shasha_sg76

Post by shasha_sg76 » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 7:05 pm

hi gals..i have a friend dying to be SQ girl,,thing is tht,,she has teeth tht look bit like dracula,, my question is posed to the girls who r or used to be crews.. will she stand a chance to get in ? of cos,,she is pretty,,jus the teeth not straight..hhmm..

on the other hand.. married women ,,if they go for the interview,,r they entertained..??

Guest 2

Re: Join SIA again

Post by Guest 2 » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 7:39 pm

jacjac wrote:Hi all,
Im 24 yrs old. I was offered stewardess position with SIA 3 years ago but had to turn down due to some personal reason. But I really hope to get in again... do I have to go thru the interview all over again? or can I call them up to check with them on this? Can someone pls advise me?

Regards
Jacjac
Hello Jac

So did u manage to return to SIA? Like u, I turned down the offer a year ago. Wonder if I can make it again.

Hmmm

Post by Hmmm » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 7:58 pm

Dear Shopaholic

yeah, i do agree we ought to give SQ some credit.. tht girl is actually a friend of mine..she indeed have a tiny scar which is visible and to the fact the scar was deep.. smtg like a "pothole" which she tried many times to cover but don't seemed to work.. she got those scar while going for a facial months back so... hmmm kinda tough there

Windstruck

Post by Windstruck » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 8:35 pm

hmmm wrote:just out of curiosity, SQ from what i understand, they are selective with picking their girls and they sometimes make pretty good choices. one query... during the uniform test, i heard that they do have beautician to check applicants skin for "defects" what if one particular applicant is good but due to fact she have a tiny scar which is somehow a little difficult to cover even with concealer, does tht mean she will be elimicate?.. wont that be a waste if she have other good attributes but was eliminate for 1 tiny scar?
I guess it really depends on the interviewers w/t they allow you to get thru or not..i've seen an SIA ger wif alot of black spots that looks like moles on her upper chest on tv news when it was reporting abt SIA.. the black spots do not look very nice but hey she get in too so gers dun lose hope keep trying ok!! good luck.

shopaholic

WHAT?!?!?!

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 8:43 pm

Hmmm wrote:Dear Shopaholic

yeah, i do agree we ought to give SQ some credit.. tht girl is actually a friend of mine..she indeed have a tiny scar which is visible and to the fact the scar was deep.. smtg like a "pothole" which she tried many times to cover but don't seemed to work.. she got those scar while going for a facial months back so... hmmm kinda tough there

Dear Hmmm, please get your friend to go sue the beautician who did her face. Your friend definitely did not go for a facial with the intention of acquring a pothole-like scar. What the hell is the beautician trying to prove?? Get advice from other professional beauticians and makeup artists, I'm quite positive the scar can be improved. Go to a doctor/dermatologist too.

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 8:45 pm

acquiring*

M

Post by M » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 9:18 pm

Just curious regarding this week's 2nd interview. I reckon formal wear is reasonable for the day with additonal swimming gears. But does anyone knows if there will be another additional day for management interview and tea party?

Anyone has any details or latest updates regarding this round though I have read few in this thread already. :?: :?: :?:

PinkIsCute

Abt Water Confidence Test

Post by PinkIsCute » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 9:30 pm

Dear all,

I have a problem which has perplexed me for quite a long time.
Is it necessary that i have to know swimming for the water confidence test? I once called SIA asking abt this. The answer is NO, just so long as you feel comfortable in the water.

However, from the msgs i've been getting here, it seems like I have to know how to swim.Is it so? Can anyone pass me a confirmed answer?

Cos I dont know how to swim... :oops:

Thank you.

Guest007

Re: Abt Water Confidence Test

Post by Guest007 » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:24 pm

PinkIsCute wrote:Dear all,

I have a problem which has perplexed me for quite a long time.
Is it necessary that i have to know swimming for the water confidence test? I once called SIA asking abt this. The answer is NO, just so long as you feel comfortable in the water.

However, from the msgs i've been getting here, it seems like I have to know how to swim.Is it so? Can anyone pass me a confirmed answer?

because I dont know how to swim... :oops:

Thank you.

Miss PinkIsCute, were you thinking when you asked this question? Who are we to confirm if you can be a air stewardess if you cannot swim? I mean, of course we would want a flight full of cabin crew who cannot swim, imagine the vast sense of security! All you have to do is know serve meals and give out hot towels!!

Swimming?! Pfffffftttt. who cares? :roll: