Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:03 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
xanngac wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
hopefully hopefully its because they're busy.. i feel so so insecure and unsafe not securing the job.. hai..

any foreigners here who has cleared the medical and waiting to sign the bond? wondering if we will wait a longer time becos of the pass that they gonna apply for us..
Hmm I think you may be right that foreigners will take a longer time? Cause need to apply for work permit and stuffs. In any case, I'm sure you will pass the medical. :)

haha my scoliosis was very mild, like 4degrees but they still called me back for a 2nd xray on thursday..

i don't know when i will be getting the YES YES call. =\

so nervous!!

they wun fail me coz of my 4 degrees scoliosis la hor? =\
I don't think so lor, cause if they want to fail someone, they wouldn't even call the person back for another x-ray right. :)

Venie said before, less than 20 degree is fine right. So just wait for the YES YES call hehe. :D
And so my journey begins... :)

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:08 pm

xanngac wrote: Yah tell me abt it, my bf was pouring me cold water throughout, think he was trying to get me into the "If I don't get it then so be it mood" but heck it certainly didn't work! :P

If the clinic didn't call you back, I suppose should be fine, if not you would have to do the x-ray again. No news is good news! :)

Not sure if can feel scoliosis leh. But I'm sure you all will pass just like I did. I know the waiting is torturous, but no other choice. Give them till end Friday cause from what I know, the clinic despatch days for the results are Mon, Wed and Fri so probably only sent out on Friday.

These few days the HR probably busy with the signing of bond for Venie's batch so might take a while for them to get back to this. Good luck! :)
Clinic didn't call me back, they told me is has already been sent out so i guess perhaps within this week i should get some response. Else would be my notice period is really damm long so i'm not on the priority list yet :oops:

Thanks so much for the encouragement hehe :D
Hello there!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:09 pm

thanks so much!!

i wanna fly. whahahha

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:11 pm

All BF like to pour H2O one lah, thats because that they felt insercure about their GF becoming a Stewardess, always not in and meeting lots of better qualified man :P Inside their heart they are just hopping that you will get rejected :twisted:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:17 pm

Abercrombie wrote:All BF like to pour H2O one lah, thats because that they felt insercure about their GF becoming a Stewardess, always not in and meeting lots of better qualified man :P Inside their heart they are just hopping that you will get rejected :twisted:
Hahaha wait till all the BFs see this! :P
And so my journey begins... :)

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:22 pm

Abercrombie wrote:All BF like to pour H2O one lah, thats because that they felt insercure about their GF becoming a Stewardess, always not in and meeting lots of better qualified man :P Inside their heart they are just hopping that you will get rejected :twisted:
U're right boy, my bf says he wants to break up with me if i get in :evil:
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:42 pm

Hehe BFs are mean creatures lol :P
Hello there!

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Re: hey hey..~

Post by elyn3ve » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:48 pm

aliciagloria wrote:
elyn3ve wrote: lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

Sorry didnt have the chance to make it for the Emirates interview, due to my voice...last min suddenly had a sore throat :x

Afraid if i go...the interviewers will think tat I m a tranvestite or some...u see, my voice sounded like A-do #-o

Btw, for ur Emirates interview...u are currently waiting for mgmt round or wat?

hello gals,

i am interested to join you guys on 27th Jan.

Do you think I can join cos im from M'sia? and I failed last week interview at round 1 which held at concorde hotel KL.

Please do let me know if I can join you guys.

Thank you

EVE
hi Eve,

did u see any singaporean gals going to KL for their interview? since u r coming all the way to SG for it. My fren said passing rate at KL better but i doubt so too, everywhere is the same and will be equally strict. Is the interview process the same as SG? u noe?

Round 1 - Grp Interview
Round 2 - Kebaya n Skin Check
Round 3 - 1-1 interview
Round 4 - Mgt Interview[/quote]

hi again,

passing rate at Kl better? I doubt it too.. passing rate for last week wasn't that good thou. they are strict.

I think the interview process should be the same as Sg. well i failed at round 1, im not so sure if there are any differ.

well.. will u be going on 27th ?

EVE

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: hey hey..~

Post by aliciagloria » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:57 pm

elyn3ve wrote:
aliciagloria wrote:
elyn3ve wrote: lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

Sorry didnt have the chance to make it for the Emirates interview, due to my voice...last min suddenly had a sore throat :x

Afraid if i go...the interviewers will think tat I m a tranvestite or some...u see, my voice sounded like A-do #-o

Btw, for ur Emirates interview...u are currently waiting for mgmt round or wat?

hello gals,

i am interested to join you guys on 27th Jan.

Do you think I can join cos im from M'sia? and I failed last week interview at round 1 which held at concorde hotel KL.

Please do let me know if I can join you guys.

Thank you

EVE
hi Eve,

did u see any singaporean gals going to KL for their interview? since u r coming all the way to SG for it. My fren said passing rate at KL better but i doubt so too, everywhere is the same and will be equally strict. Is the interview process the same as SG? u noe?

Round 1 - Grp Interview
Round 2 - Kebaya n Skin Check
Round 3 - 1-1 interview
Round 4 - Mgt Interview

hi again,

passing rate at Kl better? I doubt it too.. passing rate for last week wasn't that good thou. they are strict.

I think the interview process should be the same as Sg. well i failed at round 1, im not so sure if there are any differ.

well.. will u be going on 27th ?

EVE
[/quote]

yupz, i'll b goin on the 27th...trying to make it at 8am, hopefully i can wake up. haha.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:03 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
U're right boy, my bf says he wants to break up with me if i get in :evil:
Yep, ,my bf too :mad:

But I rest assure him tat I will be flying for only 2 yrs when my bond ends...well, tats if I managed to get in one day [-o<

Coze at the same time, I am still doing my degree :) HAve another 2 yrs to go...I told him tat: I dun think i will be so 'heng' to get it...who know even aft my degree, I still cannot get in leh?
If tats the case, If i finish my studies & still cant get in....Then I guess I'll forget it...At least I have sth to lay back on if I dun get into SIA :lol:

For stewardess...I personally find tat it's not a long term job. I heard tat if u get in with only O's or diploma....working for a few yrs there...once u quit it's hard to get a job on ground, esp since u r not young anymore & not highly qualified...

But nonetheless, I still wish to go for it...see the world esp when I m still young :lol:
(=^_^=)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:05 pm

boys are not mean lor! tsk. anyhow say! :-|

milliondollarbaby

Post by milliondollarbaby » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:07 pm

dear yingying,

hi im a foreigner too. its been almost 3 weeks since my medical and still no news from them. are you a pr? im not and getting worried as hell : (

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Japanese classes

Post by gladys_lopez » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:42 pm

oh no.. forgot i have japanese classes tomorrow.. But very keen to meet some ppl, especially Abercrombie. :twisted:

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:43 pm

Sokeai wrote:
Hehe BFs are mean creatures lol :P
They are not mean, they ARE SELFISH! :mad:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:44 pm

milliondollarbaby wrote:dear yingying,

hi im a foreigner too. its been almost 3 weeks since my medical and still no news from them. are you a pr? im not and getting worried as hell : (
hi dear, i'm not a PR.. and tmr will be a week.. did you give them any mailing address in singapore? i gave them mine and i really dun wish to recieve that rejection letter.. maybe you can email them or call the clinic to ask them about it.. pm u the number of the clinic.. did the doctor mention anything bout you being unhealthy etc? i am so darn worried too.. wonder if its because of the employment pass they have to apply for us..
Last edited by yingying2888 on Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.