Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by 1976 » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 4:51 pm

Hi reena

You mean SASS mentioned that Emirates going to JB for recruitment in Sept? I tried once in Apr but only got to the 2nd round and was kicked out... Was thinking of trying again...

You also mentioned that you attended the one in KL. May I know if they were the Emirates recruiters or just the Malaysia agent to shortlist the gals?

Guest13

Re: hey guest 00

Post by Guest13 » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 4:53 pm

Guest00 wrote:Thanks girl.
My interview started off with filling in an application form. There was a couple of girls aready there. Then one-by-one, we were called into a room with an interviewer. Mine was a guy interviewer. He looked at my application for some time. Then look at me to confirm the photo. Silence. Then he check some list which i cant really see. He didnt ask alot of question. (I actually felt that he was letting me through the next round even before the question was asked). During the silence period, i could hear from the next rm another interview being carried out. It seemed that there were alot of qns and ans going on. (but the girl never made it though).

My interviewer mentioned about my current job and asked why would i want to change it. Then he mention about my Bsci (hons), asking was it done abroad. Just like that. And then he mention that i am invited to the next round and he detailed on it.

Hope that helps. cheers.
reena wrote:hello..congrats on your application with emirates..go and and get that job girl...anyways...i should have went for the one in singapore...cause the one in kl was a big disappointment...and i was called to go for SIA on June but i didnt go for it cause i was starting my new job...but guess what emirates is better cause ure not bonded and their benefits is better than SIA..and what to say ure one lucky..girl...congrats ok...tell me all about the one to one interview...all the best! 8)
Hi Guest00,
where was the interview held?
So when will the 2nd round of interview be?

Post by Guest » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 4:56 pm

M wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:
M wrote: Upset and probably sour initially. I was so near and yet so far but I guess it was a good learning experience. How was it like to be waiting for close to a month, and having to attend 3 mind bobbling interviews, and to be chopped at the last stage. :evil:

But thought it was good so I can concentrate on my banking career. I probably will try again but doubt so cause I'm already 26 this year. Wouldn't make sense for me to fly till 28/29.

Goodluck to all and silly, enjoy your training. :D
Hey.. chin up.. you'll make it someday..

Tell us wat happened, in details.. if u want of because.. den prob we can all rack our brains to see where u did wrong.. afterall interviews are all about saying the rite things at the rite time. :)
Hey, im good!! :wink: Just thinking that I'm not fated at that point of time. They drilled some difficult questions about my previous jobs placements, duties etc. Educations, hobbies and sports. Not forgetting family?

And they also asked about my national service. Because I was downgraded of my back problem, I do not know if they take that into consideration. They did ask if I've recovered from it and had any form of medical consultation for it. I think they meant x-ray etc?

Guess it isn't time and might try for the final time, just might. Anyway goodluck to all the girls in here, all the best to your dreams!! :wink:
M,

I was also eliminated after the mgmt interview. Did they tell you why you are eliminated?

Tnxs.

Post by Guest » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:00 pm

yo 1976,

well yes.they are coming to jb and the interview conducted in KL was emirates recruiters...i think they were very unprofessional as they said pls dont ask us why youre not choosen to the next round...like..@#$%...

oops sorry for being vulgar..never conduct interview already ask us to leave..both the interviewers were whites...one looked arabic but i dont know...cause her looks confuses me!

Anyways..wanna go for the one in jb or not???Anyway im still so unhappy that it was done so poorly... :roll:

reena

hello

Post by reena » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:09 pm

Guest 00...

was the recruiter from sass or emirates recruiter..by the way was he cute... :twisted: ...ok thats not relevant...i know!

Did he have any body language...cause mine was like a stone... :roll: i have a BSC degree also...maybe didnt get cause hair too short and face got a bit of scars... :cry:

anyway updates me ok!Good luck!

Re: hey guest 00

Post by Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:34 pm

Guest13 wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Thanks girl.
My interview started off with filling in an application form. There was a couple of girls aready there. Then one-by-one, we were called into a room with an interviewer. Mine was a guy interviewer. He looked at my application for some time. Then look at me to confirm the photo. Silence. Then he check some list which i cant really see. He didnt ask alot of question. (I actually felt that he was letting me through the next round even before the question was asked). During the silence period, i could hear from the next rm another interview being carried out. It seemed that there were alot of qns and ans going on. (but the girl never made it though).

My interviewer mentioned about my current job and asked why would i want to change it. Then he mention about my Bsci (hons), asking was it done abroad. Just like that. And then he mention that i am invited to the next round and he detailed on it.

Hope that helps. cheers.
reena wrote:hello..congrats on your application with emirates..go and and get that job girl...anyways...i should have went for the one in singapore...cause the one in kl was a big disappointment...and i was called to go for SIA on June but i didnt go for it cause i was starting my new job...but guess what emirates is better cause ure not bonded and their benefits is better than SIA..and what to say ure one lucky..girl...congrats ok...tell me all about the one to one interview...all the best! 8)
Hi Guest00,
where was the interview held?
So when will the 2nd round of interview be?
Hey Guest13,
The first interview was held on 8th Aug and then 15th of the second.

Re: hello

Post by Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:46 pm

reena wrote:Guest 00...

was the recruiter from sass or emirates recruiter..by the way was he cute... :twisted: ...ok thats not relevant...i know!

Did he have any body language...cause mine was like a stone... :roll: i have a BSC degree also...maybe didnt get cause hair too short and face got a bit of scars... :cry:

anyway updates me ok!Good luck!
Hey reena,
My first interview was at the SASSemirates office near Expo. He mentioned they were an agency representing EK, so i resume they are from SASS.
The interviewer was quite pleasant. His eyes were on my application most the time, but when he was asking question, he was looking at me and paying attention and i think i remember he did smile. Cant remember much as the whole think was really quick. It was like less than 10 mins before we started talking about the next interview.

I wasnt looking great at tat time too. Peeling burnt skin. No makeup, a little messy hair. But the interviewer was good enough to advise me on my dressing for the next round though.

NEPTUNE

Post by NEPTUNE » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 1:42 pm

hey peeps..

i browsed SASSatlantic site and they asked to email them if one has an attribute to be cabin crew.

If i email them, what are the chances of them calling me back? And which airlines are they taking care of?

Post by 1976 » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 1:57 pm

Hi hi

Dun mind going for the one in JB... But this JB thingy is by SASS or Emirates?

Do you know the exact date?

Anonymous wrote:yo 1976,

well yes.they are coming to jb and the interview conducted in KL was emirates recruiters...i think they were very unprofessional as they said pls dont ask us why youre not choosen to the next round...like..@#$%...

oops sorry for being vulgar..never conduct interview already ask us to leave..both the interviewers were whites...one looked arabic but i dont know...cause her looks confuses me!

Anyways..want to go for the one in jb or not???Anyway im still so unhappy that it was done so poorly... :roll:

Post by Guest » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 5:37 pm

what is SASS? someone pls advise...

reena

mmm

Post by reena » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 7:42 pm

the interview is conducted by sass and they are coming to jb...exact date dunno yetlah..maybe 18 sept

sass is a recruitment agency in singapore that caters for cabin crew only emirates and china airlines...

Thanks Guest 00...be prepared for the ek recruiters..make sure u smile,shake their hand..be pleasent...but at the end of the day..sighh they are quite unpredictable...whens ure next interview date...wear a suit..

good luck

Re: sia interview

Post by Guest » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 1:38 pm

lollypop wrote:Pinkypluspinky,

Lucky you! You should feel fortunate enough to have make it to the second round, i didn't even make it through the first round of self intoduction. I was so nervous that i can't even speak properly. Haizz...

FYI i went to the interview on 30th july in the morning. How about you? Who knows i might be in the same team as you do? :)

Are you going to try out the interview for Silkair? Im also contemplating whether to go and try. Want to exchange emails? Maybe we can discuss about our plans for the interviews.
hi! dun despair cos actually i didnt speak well on that day too. jus that i think i made alot of eye contact with the panel, and fellow interviewees. or mayb its jus pure luck. btw my iterview was at 10 am.

i'm not sure whether i should go for the coming silkair, cos i really wanna join SIA. for the experience i dun mind, but i find its a bit unfair if i jus go with no intention of joining silkair, it might juz rob other candidates of the chance.

Re: should i?

Post by Guest » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 1:44 pm

CONFIDENCE...People... wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
pinkpluspinky wrote:juz to share my experience.

i went for the SQ interview on 30th july. i got through the first round, but was rejected in the second round. my interviewer said i speak too much singlish. i think i was too nervous. what a waste...

but she ask me to try again the next round. ask me to practice on my spoken english. i am going to try again. i am waiting for the next recruitment. so sad now. :( still very bothered by it. my bf say i am crazy. :x

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only want to go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i want to join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

but part of me is thinking of going to the silkair interview, and maybe if luckily i got in i can experience how the interview will be like. so that in the future if i were to go for SQ interview will be more prepared. but i am juz wondering, since SQ and silkair are under the same company, they might have my records? then will have difficulties in future SQ interviews.... comments anyone?
I think you'de better give it up, I have A2 in English at School, come from an All Girls School and speak English at home but I still didn't make it. It's the X-factor that you're probably missing, so perhaps you might want to look into an office job or other areas.

You can't be a stewardess for life...you'll have to do some real thinking about a stable job.
Hey PinkPlusPinky,

Never be disheartened. If your heart say you want to go that silkair, just go. Follow your heart. Even if the whole world thinks you're crazy, just try. Like the entry above says, never try, never know..

hey Guest, you shouldn't ask PinkPlusPinky to give up. Just because you, who was from ALL GIRLS SCHOOL and an A2 in ENGLISH didn't make it, doesn't mean people out there who barely speak fluent english can't make it too...again. I know good english is IMPORTANT but that is not the only factor they take note. My cousin's girlfriend who once barely speak simple english is already a flight attendant in SIA for more than a year. She herself couldn't get in just in one try. When she tried again and again, BOOM... off she works with SIA now..

Again... NEVER TRY, NEVER KNOW...

Have some confidence in yourself. If this is your dream, go for it. Or else your might regret it when you're older. Opportunity to be a flight attendant is once in a lifetime. You can't possible try it when you're 40 right? I know one can't be a cabin crew for life. But think it again, even a stable job like working in an office have retrenchments. Every job we have to take a risk. Go for it aite!
hi! thanks for your encouragement. i totally agree with you.

although i did not ake it through the interview, i am glad i went for it. now i know what they are looking for and i will definitely improve myself. it isabsolutely great experience.

i was so upset initially, to the extend of dreaming about it, but i know there are people who tried more times than me but still never give up. therefore i don't think i will give up too.

i am just waiting for the next recruitment. in the meantime i will juz continue thinking of it. and not to forget improve on my spoken english too! :wink:

Re: should i?

Post by Guest » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 1:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:
pinkpluspinky wrote:juz to share my experience.

i went for the SQ interview on 30th july. i got through the first round, but was rejected in the second round. my interviewer said i speak too much singlish. i think i was too nervous. what a waste...

but she ask me to try again the next round. ask me to practice on my spoken english. i am going to try again. i am waiting for the next recruitment. so sad now. :( still very bothered by it. my bf say i am crazy. :x

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only want to go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i want to join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

but part of me is thinking of going to the silkair interview, and maybe if luckily i got in i can experience how the interview will be like. so that in the future if i were to go for SQ interview will be more prepared. but i am juz wondering, since SQ and silkair are under the same company, they might have my records? then will have difficulties in future SQ interviews.... comments anyone?
I think you'de better give it up, I have A2 in English at School, come from an All Girls School and speak English at home but I still didn't make it. It's the X-factor that you're probably missing, so perhaps you might want to look into an office job or other areas.

You can't be a stewardess for life...you'll have to do some real thinking about a stable job.
i think its just thet different people have got different expectations in life. yes i am currently holding an office job and i can tell you i am so not satisfied with just it.

my interviewer did mention that i qualify for the position, other than my english problem. i wont give up just because of a problem that can be mended.

anyway being a cabin crew is also a stable job. you cant promise that you wont be retrenched if you are holding an office job. every job have got its pros and cons. look at it in another way.

mayb its just that you dont have what they are looking for?

rahman

can we apply ith we only have N levels and a private diploma

Post by rahman » Sat, 13 Aug 2005 2:16 pm

im still wandering what are our chances of being an sia cabin crew with this qualifications??Do we stand a chance??