Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:03 am

Can i know which destination that SIA does not fly to?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:35 am

calvink wrote:Can i know which destination that SIA does not fly to?

North Korea..Why?Because it is a communist country..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

jsamills

Post by jsamills » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 1:00 am

SQ also does not fly to norway, sweden, Czech republic, estonia, Ethopia, kenya, brazil, argentina, venzula, all other american states except, new york, san fransico and Los angeles and many other cool hot spots. Alot of other flights to these placese are code shared with other airlines, hence the star alliance

cowie

Post by cowie » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 2:41 am

maddette wrote:Hello cowie,

Did you go for the 15th Oct walk-in? Just wondering how long you had to wait for each interview round coz' I wasn't shortlisted after the 1st round.

I hope you can give me some updates.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
mad
hi..
yup.. i went for the 15oct walk in..
for me everything was quite fast..
because i was the last group before the interviewers went for lunch..
so its like i reach at abt 10am.. abt 1pm or so i'm already out of e place..

but the groups after me had to wait for the interviewers to have lunch.. so it's like after i gotten my 1 to 1 interview results.. e group after me were just goin for kebaya fitting only..

maybe u can go earlier if u got something on later..

ipodnano

Post by ipodnano » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 8:42 am

calvink wrote:Can i know which destination that SIA does not fly to?
they don't fly to any points in South America... why huh?

d3123

Post by d3123 » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 4:03 pm

i got gce n level n professional certificate from mdis.can i enrol in sia for air steward?

nipnip22

Post by nipnip22 » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 7:51 pm

angel_cambiel wrote:Thx nipnip :) but can be quite difficult to buy bottoms coz certain bottoms can make my butt look fat -_-

For laser, need to injection that part of ur face right? Wah... must hurt alot too... Coz my problem is near the eyes, so the doc daren't work on too many spots at once. I was tearing quite badly when he burnt the spots hahah... very painful... After each session, the area will swell so I can't go out for a week. Even if wanna look for temp job in the meantime oso must think of the appointment coz which company will let me take a week off?

Is ur laser treatment turning out well? Hope it is nothing too major :) Then u can quickly take the opportunity and go for the next recruitment session.
Haha think JLo... SEXY! :D Nope no injections at all. Its pulses of heat and light that passes through into the skin, not really very painful feels just like rubber band snapping on your face haha... Don't think I can make it for the next recruitment gonna go for a couple more sessions before attempting the interview. Hopefully they have an opening early next year... :wink:
Cheers,
Nip

kristen
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by kristen » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 8:02 am

ii got gce n level n professional certificate from mdis.can i enrol in sia for air steward?

you can try.. ; ) no harm trying..im in mdis too..finished my PC level..n yup, im in my last term for dip..will get my dip cert in jan 2007.. : )

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

United

Post by ryanstarr » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 3:54 pm

Hello,
Anybody out there can tell me if United Airlines are recruiting here in Singapore sometime soon? Or if anyone who made it the last time round would care to share how flying with United is like? I know some of you ex-SQ cabin crew like myself have signed for United! :-)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 4:56 pm

That airline? Run. Run. Run. Did I say "RUN" again? Nothing good to say about this place. Sorry. It's a place where I recommend people I detest to join. What a load of crap this place is. It's only Singapore-Hong Kong, Singapore-Narita.

Pay is like $2K to $2.5K - You might as well work for Silkair or SQ - Pays better and lesser crap to deal with.

Mostly oldies - Very few young crew. Super duper political, super duper fake and super duper bitchy environment. I wish you the best of luck if you join there. The new startup consists of mostly ex-staff, there are very few (less than 5-6) fresh (i.e. no flight attendant experience). So far 10% of the original hired have either been fired or left. During an orientation, one ex-JAL girl threw in the towel and didn't even go for training.

Are you a guy? - I think you are - 90% of the guys recruited are uncle types with the exception of 5% of them who are in their 30s. There is no one there in their 20s for men.

They won't be recruiting in a while. They just started operations in May if I recall. Terrible - Just terrible, horrid and a freak up place to work in. The ex-SQ people there are the only nicer people there. The rest are like :???:

I wish you luck. In my opinion, they shouldn't have reopened this base. It's seems like a really bad judgment.
Last edited by toygirl on Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 5:14 pm

toygirl wrote:That airline? Run. Run. Run. Did I say "RUN" again? Nothing good to say about this place. Sorry. It's a place where I recommend people I detest to join. What a load of crap this place is. It's only Singapore-Hong Kong, Singapore-Narita.

Pay is like $2K to $2.5K - You might as well work for Silkair or SQ - Pays better and lesser crap to deal with.

Mostly oldies - Very few young crew. Super duper political, super duper fake and super duper bitchy environment. I wish you the best of luck if you join there. The new startup consists of mostly ex-staff, there are very few (less than 5-6) fresh (i.e. no flight attendant experience). So far 10% of the original hired have either been fired or left. During an orientation, one ex-JAL girl threw in the towel and didn't even go for training.

Are you a guy? - I think you are - 90% of the guys recruited are uncle types with the exception of 5% of them who are in their 30s. There is no one there in their 20s for men.

They won't be recruiting in a while. They just started operations in May if I recall. Terrible - Just terrible, horrid and a freak up place to work in. The ex-SQ people there are the only nicer people there. The rest are like :???:
I have tried to tell people here something very much like this my self, there is nothing to be gained by joining United. I haven't flown with them and wouldn't want to since I know enough to say their customer services sucks!

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Hie..

Post by indcisive » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 5:18 pm

Hie guys n girls..

new here and have been going thru this topic for the last couple of hours.. very informative indeed and thanks alot for sharing ur views n exp..

however, i hope someone can help me out here, im interested in trying out for air steward this coming 12th nov .. i've meet most of the requirements i guess but i am somewhat doubtful about the skin part as there are a few scars on my face due to my acne prob.. would they really be particular about it eventhough i am a guy? (not being discriminative ya..) either than that im quite presentable.. 6ft and good body build..

oh yeah, im malaysian so i'll be going quite distance so just wana be sure..

thanks in advance!

ciao

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 5:20 pm

Before the slogan was "Fly the friendly skies of United"
It should be changed to "Fly the crappy skies of United"

It's now known as "It's time to fly" - When I should think a parody would be "It's time to run away from that airline"

www.untied.com

I have nothing good to say about this airline. I really don't. If you're desperate to be crew, then go here. Terrible service, terrible work environment, terrible.

P.S - Looks do not matter in this airline. We have one obese girl flying and some girls with really bad acne - Some mothers. Looks don't matter here. The guys are basically uncles - some with pot bellies and some effeminate guys whom you wonder if they contemplated a sex change.

Anyhow, all I can say is..... Enjoy!

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 5:21 pm

For SQ stewards, as look as you are presentable - It's fine. Just don't be effeminate or too stylish (aka - Flaming queen).

Good luck.

indcisive
Regular
Regular

Post by indcisive » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 5:34 pm

toygirl wrote:For SQ stewards, as look as you are presentable - It's fine. Just don't be effeminate or too stylish (aka - Flaming queen).

Good luck.
that was fast! lol

btw, i was referring to SIA not united airlines.. never heard of it as well and i doubt i'll be trying out for it even if it was my last option after hearing what you all had to say :)

thanks! kinda relieved to hear that toygirl, i guess SIA here i come.. oh yeah, effeminate? haha i don't swing that way ;)

ciao