Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dydy

Post by dydy » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 6:51 pm

6.medical interview....make sure ur clean from drugs,scoliosis, injuries such as knee injuries or arm injuries..dont lie in medical because they can check with other hospitals of ur background medicals!!!

Hi! How do you know if they'll check with other hospitals?

scopio124

Post by scopio124 » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 4:33 am

yes buttercup. i'm starting on 15th also,

sandymanero

Post by sandymanero » Fri, 04 Mar 2011 3:33 pm

scopio124 wrote:yes buttercup. i'm starting on 15th also,
hello.anyone starting on 15th march n living in katong area would like to taxi-pool or carpool? mmm

melnjy

height

Post by melnjy » Mon, 07 Mar 2011 7:09 am

I went for the 19th feb interview but got kicked out at the height round..by 1cm..

lyndonmaxewell

Post by lyndonmaxewell » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 2:16 am

hi folks, need alittle help here. Anyone here has the general contact no. for their HR department? There is no sign of a contact no. on their website, and filling in their feedback form has generated no replies for a couple of days.

Any kind folks here can let me know their HR dept contact no.? or if you know their DID that I can give a phone call to? Have some pressing issues that I need to contact them.

Thanks alot people! : )

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 6:43 pm

lyndonmaxewell wrote:hi folks, need alittle help here. Anyone here has the general contact no. for their HR department? There is no sign of a contact no. on their website, and filling in their feedback form has generated no replies for a couple of days.

Any kind folks here can let me know their HR dept contact no.? or if you know their DID that I can give a phone call to? Have some pressing issues that I need to contact them.

I suggest you drop an email to the cabin crew recruitment team.
Their numbers are strictly meant for SIA staff only. if you still wish to call, be prepared to explain how you got it.

lyndonmaxewell

Post by lyndonmaxewell » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:30 am

dyeo wrote:
lyndonmaxewell wrote:hi folks, need alittle help here. Anyone here has the general contact no. for their HR department? There is no sign of a contact no. on their website, and filling in their feedback form has generated no replies for a couple of days.

I suggest you drop an email to the cabin crew recruitment team.
Their numbers are strictly meant for SIA staff only. if you still wish to call, be prepared to explain how you got it.
ahhh, that would not be possible. I was going to address some issues regarding their Generalists position, not cabin crew. Dropped in here to see if I can get some help.

Guess the main frustration is that their feedback forms are not answered, and there is no email that I can mail to. Isn't it more direct to just give a ring to their HR dept? Is there any other alternatives that I can try?

wondercat

Post by wondercat » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 8:08 pm

Hi everyone! Would like to ask a few questions before I go for the 2nd April interview.
1) May I know what is their weight acceptance?
2) Do they still conduct water confidence test?
3) Can I wear a formal dress to the interview or I need to be in my office wear?
4) If I am not unable to pronounce a word while reading a passage, I will be booted out?

This will be my first time attempting the interview. Am really nervous.
Thankyou for helping! :D

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 9:20 pm

wondercat wrote:Hi everyone! Would like to ask a few questions before I go for the 2nd April interview.
1) May I know what is their weight acceptance?
2) Do they still conduct water confidence test?
3) Can I wear a formal dress to the interview or I need to be in my office wear?
4) If I am not unable to pronounce a word while reading a passage, I will be booted out?

This will be my first time attempting the interview. Am really nervous.
Thankyou for helping! :D
1) BMI Maximum 22(I heard).
2) No.
3) anything.
4. no you won't. you will be judged on overall performance.

wondercat

Post by wondercat » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 9:29 pm

Thankyou for your reply, girlwithwand!
Will they be very strict with the weight restriction? Becuz I am not a small size girl. My bone structure is quite big.

Miu
Regular
Regular

Post by Miu » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:52 pm

Do thy accept N level & plus diploma from Kaplan?
You Can Do It! (:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 3:23 am

Stewardess BMI must be below 22. You can be below 22 but if you look on the heavy side the office will invite you for coffee too :wink: The kabaya does not hid fats well... :oops:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 3:27 am

Miu wrote:Do thy accept N level & plus diploma from Kaplan?
Best is to e-mail them and ask them. They will only look at your highest qualification. Since you have a Diploma, they will use that. I assume that yours is a private Diploma, as there are many private school out there, only SIA can answer you which one they will recognize. Good Luck!!

pochead

Post by pochead » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 3:19 pm

Hi all!

I'm going to go for the 2 April interview.
But I will only be available after late August, early September.
Will this affect my chances?

bubblez

hi~

Post by bubblez » Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:06 pm

hi~
i got a question. I attended the SIA interview previously and failed. am planning to try again for the one that they are having in penang this saturday.

Am i allowed to? or do they have a grace period? i failed at the skin check stage. In the form, they actually ask if u have attended an interview with SIA before. when and what position...

will i get booted out initially itself?

thanks~