Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:39 pm

hey starrynitezz,

Just wanna ask u whether u went to the interview last mth at sheraton?
i was booted out at 1-1 .. will u be trying for this coming sunday?

:)
starrynitezz wrote:time will fly by real quick... ying~ at least u confirm will be starting in june leh... i dunno whens my turn .. :cry:
i also hope to join u all leh.. :-|

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:40 pm

shiniestar wrote:please help me...
i've got d7 for english but passed all the rest in o' level and i just finished my diploma but will only be able to get the cert in may.
is there by any chance u think sia will allow me to go interview?
thanks in advance.
thatz ok ma... i went for e interviews for a few times and never had any problems with that..

i got diploma from sp, also got a d7 in english~ n in total i got only 4 Os.. :wink:

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:44 pm

yingying2888 wrote:sokeai: thanks!! 3 mths will pass in a blink of eye, june's gonna be here real soon.. though i really wished there are ppl i know when i start training, but it seems like no one will start at my wierd timing.. =)
No worries, i guess like what Xanngac & Raine mentioned, you will be able to have great time with your batchmates, not to worry hee :) Btw, roughly when will you be starting if everything go smoothly?

Yup, i hope 3 months will be over when i wake up tomorrow *evil laugh* :P
Hello there!

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:49 pm

mouse wrote:hey starrynitezz,

sure will be going... hehe.. end of my 2 months ban..

n no i din try last month cos i was told not to try (by the HR lady), as i had failed my management round. that was on 26th dec.. :oops:

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:52 pm

shiniestar wrote:please help me...
i've got d7 for english but passed all the rest in o' level and i just finished my diploma but will only be able to get the cert in may.
is there by any chance u think sia will allow me to go interview?
thanks in advance.
Rainschocolate is also getting her diploma frm NP ard May but she had already started her training yesterday.

So long you are getting a local diploma (if i'm not wrong)and meets the basic requirements, you should be fine. Try applying for the walk-in or write-in interview when they have one. They will inform you should you not be able to meet the requirements :)
Hello there!

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:05 am

hi starrynitezz,

Jia you jia you! we will all fly to our dreams one day!

;)
starrynitezz wrote:
mouse wrote:hey starrynitezz,

sure will be going... hehe.. end of my 2 months ban..

n no i din try last month cos i was told not to try (by the HR lady), as i had failed my management round. that was on 26th dec.. :oops:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:26 am

Sokeai: if everything goes well like Pink, the earliest time would be around mid to end march. =) at least yours is a certain thingy for you, not need to go through MOM.

starrynitez: your ban will be over in a jiffy too. definitely have wat it takes to become a cabin crew if u do get banned at the management round. =) keep keep trying!

shiniestar: as stated on the SIA webby, english is a must in the olevels cert. but since they have been pretty inconsistent in their qualifications check, go for it!
the world at your doorstep

cellyy

Post by cellyy » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:52 am

veryscary wrote: cellyy, it depends on individual. I have dry eyes for the first few months, need to apply eye drop quite often but now I dont need that anymore. Some of my friend never encounter that. The air in the aircraft is very dry..
M wrote: Pertaining to this, you need to lay off for 2 weeks upon completion of your surgery. With the current company policy, you have to offset the MC through your OFFs and LEAVES cause the MC will be considered as causal MC.

M :cool:
Thanks to both veryscary & M for the feedback! :D

Might hold off for awhile i guess, since i cant arrange that now :(

Any1 who has info or care to share their experience do PM me. Thanks alot!

angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:57 am

im goin for the intervie at STC later at 10.30. im a bit kang chiong sia.... lol....
=D

endlessx

Post by endlessx » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 3:16 am

Hi everyone,

Just reg since this is the only forum i found that have discussions on airline careers...

Anyway, the coming interview on sunday applies to male & female right? :)

I'm thinking of going this sun (i'm a guy), i'm above 1.65m but below 1.7m.. Er do you all think i stand a chance?
i'm abit scare i'll be the shortest there.... :-|

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 7:22 am

Endlessx: So long you are above the minimum height requirement, you will be fine!

p/s: not all the male candidates are that tall :P

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 7:34 am

endlessx,
Unless I have misunderstood something you are over 6' (sorry I still think in Imperial units - shows my age :oops: ). In which case I think you might be too tall - best check with a serving flight attendant.

see following link(about half way down in purple);

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:x9 ... cd=8&gl=uk

An extra 'hazard' on long flights would be the crew sleeping are above the cabin where the roof is even lower. :(

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 7:48 am

Plavt wrote: An extra 'hazard' on long flights would be the crew sleeping are above the cabin where the roof is even lower. :(
on boeing 747, the crew sleeping area is at the back, and yes, it is tight!

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:42 am

Sokeai wrote: Rainschocolate is also getting her diploma frm NP ard May but she had already started her training yesterday.
hey sokeai,

i supposed raine muz b bz wif her training rite now,heh?
nyway, do u have any idea whether SIA requires any sort of letter to prove dat raine has graduated from her tertiary education?

well.... do we need to finish our last paper and know our result b4 we can start training wif SIA?

OR..... any1 here will start training soon while taking part time degree at the same time?

hope i made myself clear...... :oops:
Dreams Do Come True

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:11 pm

yingying2888 wrote:Sokeai: if everything goes well like Pink, the earliest time would be around mid to end march. =) at least yours is a certain thingy for you, not need to go through MOM.
Don't worry you don't have any bad records etc, no problems in getting the pass, just that have to wait for them to process it. At least when you get it, you will be able to start in March/April right? Even earlier than me :lol:
Hello there!