Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:52 pm

silly wrote:Hi Fated, In that case, then wont meet you since you afraid will be nervous. All the best to us. In any case, you can email me at [email protected]

How about Tinkerbelle? What time is Tinkerbelle's?

Anyone has any tips as to how to stand when taking measurement so that those exactly 158 wont end up being 157.5 etc? Anyone knows if in recent times, there are people in the range of 157 who still get selected? Anyone knows whats to reason why must be 158?
Hello Silly n Fated, good luck to u both!! Dun get too nervous..juz be yourselves k!! Im not shortlisted tis round.. prob not good enuff.. but tell me wats it like.. cheers!

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 1:55 pm

silly wrote:Hi Fated, In that case, then wont meet you since you afraid will be nervous. All the best to us. In any case, you can email me at [email protected]

How about Tinkerbelle? What time is Tinkerbelle's?

Anyone has any tips as to how to stand when taking measurement so that those exactly 158 wont end up being 157.5 etc? Anyone knows if in recent times, there are people in the range of 157 who still get selected? Anyone knows whats to reason why must be 158?
Btw, do u ve a msn id? mind exchanging? :)

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:03 pm

cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote:
cieux wrote:Hi sadgirl,

i did visual communication (graphic design and advertising) when i was in poly.. haha very different from what i'm doing now rite.. actually i'm interested in consumer psychology.. more to branding and market research on consumers. So what made u want to join SIA? want to exchange email?
Hi cieux
I just want to try out. My friends applying so accompanying them ah. Hee Hee. You? Why want to join SIA? You got a bf? he allows?
hi sadgirl
same here.. jus want to try out because my fren is applying too. I'm not really desperate for the job but it'll be good if i'm at least given a chance to go for the interview. yep i got a bf.. he's open about the idea. UR boyfren disagree???
Hi,

yah... something like that... he disagrees. so sad. haiz.. everything doesn't go well for me. Boyfriend dun give the support and no invititation for the interview. Your boyfriend studying? Working? your age?

Fated

Post by Fated » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:12 pm

Hi Tinkerbelle,

Dun be discourage, i applied 2 times and dint get shortlisted after my first attempt a year ago. but this round i am shortlisted. it is just luck...

wen not shortlisted i feel depressing too but once shortlisted, i worried. went there a year ago, was too nervous. but i really dunno wat they looking for cos tat time 4 of the gals in my grp got in and some really look simple and cant really speak well... those speak well dun get in....

i get really nervous especially u need to 'present' in a grp.... well just tryin if u really wan to be... like alot of pple said, some tried alot of time before they got in...

as for the height measurement, thot they v strict... pple who dun meet the requirement were asked to leave. the reason is because u need to help the passenagers place their lungages in the deck above the sit, so min is 158cm.

silly, if we happen to be in the same, i not hard to find. one whose voice sound really wil be me, cos i hv a v bad cough now and throat is bad too. my voice so sexy now... guess tml i cant make it to 2nd rd.

Fated

Post by Fated » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:14 pm

Hi Tinkerbelle,

Dun be discourage, i applied 2 times and dint get shortlisted after my first attempt a year ago. but this round i am shortlisted. it is just luck...

wen not shortlisted i feel depressing too but once shortlisted, i worried. went there a year ago, was too nervous. but i really don't know wat they looking for because tat time 4 of the gals in my grp got in and some really look simple and cant really speak well... those speak well dun get in....

i get really nervous especially u need to 'present' in a grp.... well just keep tryin if u really wan to be... like alot of pple said, some tried alot of time before they got in...

as for the height measurement, thot they v strict... pple who dun meet the requirement were asked to leave. the reason is because u need to help the passenagers place their lungages in the deck above the seat, so min is 158cm.

silly, if we happen to be in the same group, is not hard to find me. one whose voice sound really bad wil be me, because i hv a v bad cough now and throat is bad too. my voice sound so sexy now... guess tml i cant make it to 2nd rd.

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:19 pm

M wrote:
|Bluz| wrote:*swaying*
another 10 hrs and 20 mins to go for the interview! All the best to all who are going for the interview this weekend!!

If you are on for 2nd July interview at 11.20am... see ya there!

This is gonna be funnnnn... hehe... :wink:
All the best!! :P
Yoz M, make this your FINAL try..must ace the interview u hear me?? Otherwise im gonna NAG at u on this forum.. im pretty good at nagging im warning u.. GOOD LUCK!! :)

Missing

Post by Missing » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:38 pm

Sugary wrote:
Fated wrote:Sorry being KPO.... You muz see which type of aircraft and which subidary ur bf is in...

example, if ur bf is under SIA cargo not main fleet... then not possible to fly together because there wont be air stewardess because they fly cargo...

if they r with Silkair, then also wont be able to fly together if u r under SIA instead of silkair... u get wat i mean?

heard from my girlfriend, pilot and air stewardess under different union so they wont stay in the same hotel... yups.. but den they can pre-arrange themselves lah..... better dun sound scandalous but heard abit here and there....
Hi Fated,

Pilots doing freighter flights (B-747) will also do some passenger flights...MOreover pilots only fly in one rated aircraft, eg. if hes A345 trained, then he'll only operate A345 aircrafts. Whereas cabin crew can be trained in at least 2 rated aircrafts (eg. B777 and A345); they'll work on these 2 fleets.

Therefore, its quite difficult for both pilots n stewardesses to do the same flights together....unless they request. But they cant always change flights also as theres a limit quota...

Hi, juz wish to know is there a pilot name chris (only ang mo) in SIA?

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:43 pm

Fated wrote:Hi Tinkerbelle,

wen not shortlisted i feel depressing too but once shortlisted, i worried. went there a year ago, was too nervous. but i really don't know wat they looking for because tat time 4 of the gals in my grp got in and some really look simple and cant really speak well... those speak well dun get in....

i get really nervous especially u need to 'present' in a grp.... well just keep tryin if u really wan to be... like alot of pple said, some tried alot of time before they got in...

as for the height measurement, thot they v strict... pple who dun meet the requirement were asked to leave. the reason is because u need to help the passenagers place their lungages in the deck above the seat, so min is 158cm.

silly, if we happen to be in the same group, is not hard to find me. one whose voice sound really bad wil be me, because i hv a v bad cough now and throat is bad too. my voice sound so sexy now... guess tml i cant make it to 2nd rd.
ur sexshy voice mite juz be the thing u need!! u nvr know wat'll happ my dear.. :) maybe u cant start off with.. "good morning everyone.. *grinz* do i sound sexy or wat??!!..woke up w a really bad throat..* then start introducing urself...

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:45 pm

shan wrote:Hi girls... i couldn't get thru the first round. I was at the 840 interview today. Mayb i will try again next time round. This is kinda depressing. :(
wat happ?!! how did u introduce urselves? wat did u wear??

Paige

Post by Paige » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:55 pm

Fated wrote:Hi Tinkerbelle,

All the best to you gals! Cheers! :)

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:
silly wrote:Shan & Galgally,

Sorry to hear about what happened this morning. Is it OK ask you 2 qns, see if can help:

1) how was the measurement of height like?

2) what kinda qns was asked in first round?

thank you so much for your advise...
Hi Silly, i wld say that there is definitely something wrong with the measuring aparatus, i know i was less than 158, the last time i measured was 157.3, but today...it was 156!!!! not possible at all..the shortest i was measured previously was 157....There were two interviewers..they looked quite young i must say, they wanted a self-intro as well as y we wan to be a flight stewardess..10 of us went in..but only ONE was selected for the 2nd round..and she's gorgeous, porcelain skin, v v v v sweet looking, thou personally i felt tat she didnt talk very well..but wateva it is..she caught their attention..So girl..jus be urself..and tried not to rehearse too much..because i tink i was too 'robotic' on my 'script'...haha* Gd luck!!
if im not wrong, my frn did tell me tho they state min height as 158cm, but u'd ve to be at least 160cm to pass.. most prob they made adjustment to the scale..so 156cm is still a pass..

Juz a question tho, is the apparatus an electronic one or is ur height taken manually?

How did u introduce urself then? and wat did the gorgeous gal said that got her thru? :)

Fated

Post by Fated » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:57 pm

hey, tinkerbelle!

tat is a good idea and good start off.... hahaha.... perhaps i'll give a try on this... at least something different.... hahaha....

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 2:59 pm

shan wrote:Hey galgally wats ya name? My email is [email protected] can keep in contact if you want. Hey silly the ht will affect the interview somehow because most of the girls are rather tall. Mostly above 160 i feel.. So the judges are spoilt for choice. I was recorded as 157. Well they always say don't let your ht affect your confidence so i say just speak very very well and you will at least make it to the 2nd round. Gd luck!
Hi Shan, will liek to add u to msn too.. is it ok? :)

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 3:03 pm

Fated wrote:hey, tinkerbelle!

tat is a good idea and good start off.... hahaha.... perhaps i'll give a try on this... at least something different.... hahaha....
Thats the spirit my dear!! dun let tis sorethroat affect ur performance.. the interviewers are HUMAN.. not robots.. show them u're sincere n real.. not some over-confident pompous b****.. rem to giv me tips aft u pass thru everything k!!

guest99

Post by guest99 » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 3:10 pm

Missing wrote:
Sugary wrote:
Fated wrote:Sorry being KPO.... You muz see which type of aircraft and which subidary ur bf is in...

example, if ur bf is under SIA cargo not main fleet... then not possible to fly together because there wont be air stewardess because they fly cargo...

if they r with Silkair, then also wont be able to fly together if u r under SIA instead of silkair... u get wat i mean?

heard from my girlfriend, pilot and air stewardess under different union so they wont stay in the same hotel... yups.. but den they can pre-arrange themselves lah..... better dun sound scandalous but heard abit here and there....
Hi Fated,

Pilots doing freighter flights (B-747) will also do some passenger flights...MOreover pilots only fly in one rated aircraft, eg. if hes A345 trained, then he'll only operate A345 aircrafts. Whereas cabin crew can be trained in at least 2 rated aircrafts (eg. B777 and A345); they'll work on these 2 fleets.

Therefore, its quite difficult for both pilots n stewardesses to do the same flights together....unless they request. But they cant always change flights also as theres a limit quota...

Hi, juz wish to know is there a pilot name chris (only ang mo) in SIA?
U know.. altho we'd be most glad to help but asking if theres a "Chris" in SIA is like asking urself if u know a jane from ur school ya? And wat Chris? Chris as in Christian/Christopher/Christof/Christal or juz good ol' Chris??? No surname?? Chris Chris?