Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
deliriousdharma

Post by deliriousdharma » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:50 pm

duriancake wrote:
amandababy wrote:just wondering if painting the nails red would look like we're trying too hard?
i have the same question in mind. will we?
yup... i heard from a friend that it will look like you're trying to 'make it' too much. it's best to go as yourself, natural and groomed.

dreamie10

Post by dreamie10 » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 1:13 pm

hi anyone on 25th nov 1.50pm??????????????????

st4rz

Post by st4rz » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 2:51 pm

i have scars on my arm due to rashes and allegies in the past. will they mind? it's quite hard to cover them up ):

velvetrose

Post by velvetrose » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 3:15 pm

deliriousdharma wrote: yup... i heard from a friend that it will look like you're trying to 'make it' too much. it's best to go as yourself, natural and groomed.
I think the best will be what you are most comfortable with. Like if you are comfortable with more make up and you find yourself prettier, then put more makeup. If you seldom put makeup or dunnoe how to put it nicely, it's better to remain as natural....

You will know which way you look the best, and the most comfortable with it. When u are comfortable, you will be more confident.

Anyway today is the final interview for those shortlisted candidates in the past interviews... hopefully they wont take up most of the vacancies. (:

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 4:26 pm

was wondering if its too formal to wear a blazar to the interview on tat day...
Good luck to everyone less than a week to go...

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 4:38 pm

JadeiteJade: Enjoy your time in SQ dear, i'm beginning to miss flying. Isn't the grass always greener on the other side? haha :)

Kerster66: hm.. i do have scars, but during my flying days, I was lucky not to have anyone say about it. However, I must add that most of the SQ girls I've met have nice skin, but it doesn't need to be flawless. Generally, if it can be covered by make-up it should be ok. :)

99heyho: during training we are expected to put on the SIA make-up- blue eyeshadow and red lipstick. The only time i rmb taking it out was during grooming when the beautician first taught us how to put on the make-up. :)

Hope this helps, good luck!

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 4:55 pm

anyone know tat wat is the final interview abt? tea session??

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 6:23 pm

hitori wrote:anyone know tat wat is the final interview abt? tea session??
During Dec '07, final interview was u having to face a panel of 2 people from management side.. grill grill grill. sometimes both bombard u at once.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Re: too late?

Post by girlzz » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 6:52 pm

Someone in this forum mentioned that there might be another walk in interview on the 12 Dec. My friend said that usually there will a walk in after a write in (in the better times). So hopefully there will be one in Dec and you can use this one month or so to better prep yourself for the interviews?[/quote]

Isnt its too late to apply now??Oh they are having another opening this Dec too??I hope they are having openings for 2010.I hate to wait and my age is catching up.Already now in my early 20's.Need some clarify,as for the qualifications,i have less than 5 credits for my O levels with a failed in English and a private diploma in Business.Do u think i meet the criteria??

hermmi

Post by hermmi » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:35 pm

Hmm I wonder how long will the first interview take? Like what's the procedure of the interview.

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:47 pm

wanna ask abt the kebaya round.. any sizes available? and if we tried and cannot fit, can we get another one?

also, how near will they be standing/looking for skin/neck check and hand check?

loh loh

Re: too late?

Post by loh loh » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:28 pm

girlzz wrote:Someone in this forum mentioned that there might be another walk in interview on the 12 Dec. My friend said that usually there will a walk in after a write in (in the better times). So hopefully there will be one in Dec and you can use this one month or so to better prep yourself for the interviews?

Isnt its too late to apply now??Oh they are having another opening this Dec too??I hope they are having openings for 2010.I hate to wait and my age is catching up.Already now in my early 20's.Need some clarify,as for the qualifications,i have less than 5 credits for my O levels with a failed in English and a private diploma in Business.Do u think i meet the criteria??[/quote]

YES, you do. :) so long you gt diploma.
apple

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:25 am

me!
dreamie10 wrote:hi anyone on 25th nov 1.50pm??????????????????

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:28 am

they will let u choose by the stack of kebayas they provide. Most normal size girls will fit the uniforms. They comes with many sizes... some are with size tags some don't have. as for me, i have short legs so i always first grab and match against my legs length first. haha..then go try fast fast

duriancake wrote:wanna ask abt the kebaya round.. any sizes available? and if we tried and cannot fit, can we get another one?

also, how near will they be standing/looking for skin/neck check and hand check?

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 2:58 am

duriancake wrote:wanna ask abt the kebaya round.. any sizes available? and if we tried and cannot fit, can we get another one?

There'll be many kebayas hanging off a rack, old stock tailored to other stewardesses' bodies.. largest fits about a size 8, but if u're curvier with bigger boobs (C cup and above) u'll have to suck it in to zip up fully.

You'll be made to stand in front of a huge, strong floor spotlight.. the examiner then walks around you for close inspection. Your hands and forearms will also be scrutinized under an equally strong light. My examiner came as close as about 20cm away from the face, and closer for the hands.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein