Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Myth

Post by Myth » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 5:01 pm

Hi everyone, I have an interview with SIA this coming Sunday in KL.
Anyone here who is going as well?
I'm in the 1010 hrs session - If you're in the same session, maybe we can meet up before interview starts and calm each other down? :roll:

Silkair

Post by Silkair » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 5:38 pm

Hey.. I got a reply from Silkair.

I am going for the interview next week.

ANyone rcv reply and going too??

guest.

Post by guest. » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 5:40 pm

Silkair wrote:Hey.. I got a reply from Silkair.

i thought they say will reply only after 1 week?

Post by Guest » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 7:41 pm

Hey, what form of reply did you get from them? Were you from Day 1 or 2 of the interview days?

becky

Post by becky » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 8:48 pm

Myth wrote:Hi everyone, I have an interview with SIA this coming Sunday in KL.
Anyone here who is going as well?
I'm in the 1010 hrs session - If you're in the same session, maybe we can meet up before interview starts and calm each other down? :roll:
Hi Myth,
which intake did you apply? I didn't know they have an interview on sunday.......april intake?Stewards or stewardess? I missed the april intake and waiting for the next one...hopefully in June or July.........

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:15 pm

hey good for u babe
i din rec any!! :( guess im kicked out
which day u went?
i went the second day. and were darn competitive. i understand why they dont wanna me.

how did they contact u? email or hp?

:) good luck for ur 2nd interview babe :)

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:06 am

Hey Jetstar Asia is recruiting! Go check out today's Recruit section...
But gotta let u gals know that the pay in not that attractive...

Post by Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:41 am

they didnt state the requirements..like height?but need work experience..

Post by Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:18 pm

JustMe wrote:Hey Jetstar Asia is recruiting! Go check out today's Recruit section...
But gotta let u gals know that the pay in not that attractive...
It's not just lousy, it sucks! You can earn more as a secretary or admin clerk than as a Jetstar Asia cabin crew!

Just wondering, if anyone ELSE got a reply from SilkAir? I believe I did well for the interview and am pretty confident I can go thru to the next round. Perhaps they'll call next week for some of us? :oops:

GELLY

Post by GELLY » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:43 pm

\

Hi there! Which day is your next interview with Silkair...Is it going to be at their headqurters? :roll:

stinko

Post by stinko » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:47 pm

$19000-$23000 per yr for jet star cabin crew....

that works out to be around 1.5K-1.9K per month....

any one knows how much valuair is paid?

juzzy05

sia training

Post by juzzy05 » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 2:54 pm

Hi all, i am new on this forum.. does anyone know if the sia training will start immediately after the recruitment? I have not graduated and was thinking if I can go ahead and try my luck and if i am really lucky, reserve a place first and join in the next training... Sounds unlikely though...

Re: sia training

Post by Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 3:35 pm

[quote="juzzy05"]Hi all, i am new on this forum.. does anyone know if the sia training will start immediately after the recruitment? I have not graduated and was thinking if I can go ahead and try my luck and if i am really lucky, reserve a place first and join in the next training... Sounds unlikely though...[/quote

You can still try but it depends whether they are willing to pend your commencement date till after your graduation.

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 4:56 pm

GELLY wrote:

\

Hi there! Which day is your next interview with Silkair...Is it going to be at their headqurters? :roll:
hey guys, i just got a reply from them too. Worast part for me was that i heard that if u get a letter in the mail from them, means they returned that slip to u that we all filled up at the interview. and that letter is like a rejection letter.. so i went to the mailbox and saw a letter from them... my heart sank! I thouhg, ' im finished' hahaha...

turned out, when i read it, it was actually an invite for the 2nd interview next week. Mine is ont he 10th june at about 950am, and yeah, its at the SIA training centre.

to those of you who are still anxious and anticipating a call or letter. be patient, im sure it will arrive soon =) good luck to all of you.

Blue

I got it too!

Post by Blue » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 5:38 pm

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
GELLY wrote:

\

hey guys, i just got a reply from them too. Worast part for me was that i heard that if u get a letter in the mail from them, means they returned that slip to u that we all filled up at the interview. and that letter is like a rejection letter.. so i went to the mailbox and saw a letter from them... my heart sank! I thouhg, ' im finished' hahaha...

turned out, when i read it, it was actually an invite for the 2nd interview next week. Mine is ont he 10th june at about 950am, and yeah, its at the SIA training centre.

to those of you who are still anxious and anticipating a call or letter. be patient, im sure it will arrive soon =) good luck to all of you.
I was so excited to know that someone has received the letter. I went downstairs to my mailbox immediately. And... I got in Round #2 too!!! The nice little envelope sitting in my mailbox, offering me Round 2 of the interview! Yippee!!! :D :lol: