Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 1:00 pm

Actually how do we know whether u stand a chance or not? We r not one of the interviewers. If u wanna know, just apply n go for the interview. Then u will know. TQ
:D

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Wed, 25 May 2005 5:01 pm

Hey gals!

EMIRATES is hiring! Go look at The Straits Times today....interview will be on 28 May at Grand Copthorne....... :D

RubyLin

Post by RubyLin » Wed, 25 May 2005 5:59 pm

JustMe wrote:Hey gals!

EMIRATES is hiring! Go look at The Straits Times today....interview will be on 28 May at Grand Copthorne....... :D
How are we going to apply, if in the first place we have to be located in Dubai??

Dont tell me that we have to migrate there to be their Stewardess?? Dont make sense right! Can you slove my query first.

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 8:32 pm

RubyLin wrote:

How are we going to apply, if in the first place we have to be located in Dubai??

Dont tell me that we have to migrate there to be their Stewardess?? Dont make sense right! Can you slove my query first.
if I am not wrong, you will be based in dubai, but don't need to migrate there. Eg, you will be flying from dubai to singapore, singapore to australia etc. You will still have the opportunity to fly to singapore, just that your "base" is in dubai.
Just like JAL employing singapore girls, the singapore stewardess need not migrate to JApan either.

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 9:07 pm

u sure ..
i read the papers i din see it lehz..

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 10:19 pm

is Emirates going to hire air stewards as well?

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 10:24 pm

Ladies only. No guys.

wannabee

Post by wannabee » Wed, 25 May 2005 10:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:
RubyLin wrote:

if I am not wrong, you will be based in dubai, but don't need to migrate there. Eg, you will be flying from dubai to singapore, singapore to australia etc. You will still have the opportunity to fly to singapore, just that your "base" is in dubai.
Just like JAL employing singapore girls, the singapore stewardess need not migrate to JApan either.
u do not MIGRATE there but u'll be BASED in dubai. it isnt that bad actually. dubai is a safe n cosmopolitan city with a fast-growing economy. there r many sporean girls who r flying with emirates staying in dubai. heard emirates pay real gd money!

Post by Guest » Thu, 26 May 2005 12:48 am

wah..they need you to hit 212cm on tip toes.Even me,158,cant even hit 212!

Post by Guest » Thu, 26 May 2005 12:22 pm

only those above 162cm and above is able to reach 212 cm with tip toes.

Post by Guest » Thu, 26 May 2005 12:28 pm

do they hire malaysian?

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Thu, 26 May 2005 12:51 pm

wannabee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
RubyLin wrote: How are we going to apply, if in the first place we have to be located in Dubai??

u do not MIGRATE there but u'll be BASED in dubai. it isnt that bad actually. dubai is a safe n cosmopolitan city with a fast-growing economy. there r many sporean girls who r flying with emirates staying in dubai. heard emirates pay real gd money!
Yup u'll be based in Dubai as long u're with Emirates. The accom, transport etc will be provided. U'll get to fly to Singapore once a while... I dun think theu wana hire M'sians... u can go to the Classified section of yest's papers to find out....

flightattendantwannabe

how is life of an emirate stewardess like?

Post by flightattendantwannabe » Thu, 26 May 2005 1:39 pm

hi,

the emirates are hiring. Is there anyone who are aware of how the life of the crew is like in Dubai?
How often do they fly back to Sin?
Is there a bond required?
Is there a restriction on age? I am coming to 25 this year... :roll:

Though I m single but I am very, very, very, attached to my family and friends here in SIN :P ...hope someone can help with my queries before i decide to go for the interview on the coming Sat.

Many thanks :D

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Thu, 26 May 2005 2:08 pm

Hey guys,

I applied for SILKAIR actually and im just wondering how long they usually take to reply to your application? They send you an email?

And for example, if anyone is with Silkair, would they be able to join SQ after their contract? Even if they dont have the qualifications SQ requires?

And emirates.. haha i think im too short, sadly. I just cam eback form Melbourne on Emirates the other day and boy are they tall.. and they are so pretty. But i did see soem petite girls, but yeah i think u gotta be above 160cm atleast.

Good luck to everyone who has tried for any airline. All the best yeah, i wish myself luck too =p

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Thu, 26 May 2005 2:13 pm

Oh yeah another thing.. is there anyone i can personally talk to about all this? Just for convenience sake. ANyone willing to pass me their email add so i can find out everyhting in one shot? I may have found out all the information alread but im not sure... this site has actually been really helpful. thanks to all you guys out there willing to give ur friendly advice.