Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chunky_monkey

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by chunky_monkey » Sun, 01 Mar 2020 2:51 pm

Hi everyone, submitted my digital interview a few days back. My dateline was 26 Feb 2020. Still waiting for email to see if I’m shortlisted or not. Would like to ask, how particular are they about acne scars for men? I have atrophic scars on both my cheeks. However I’m considering going for radio frequency micro needling to improve my scars but only if I get the job. My question is, if I pass the interview rounds but fail at the skin check round but I tell them I’m going for scar treatments at The Clifford Clinic and it should be cleared up by the time I start(they wrote in the email cabin crew Nov so I still have quite a bit of time to clear my skin before I start), will they still consider me?

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Mon, 02 Mar 2020 12:42 am

chunky_monkey wrote:
Sun, 01 Mar 2020 2:51 pm
Hi everyone, submitted my digital interview a few days back. My dateline was 26 Feb 2020. Still waiting for email to see if I’m shortlisted or not. Would like to ask, how particular are they about acne scars for men? I have atrophic scars on both my cheeks. However I’m considering going for radio frequency micro needling to improve my scars but only if I get the job. My question is, if I pass the interview rounds but fail at the skin check round but I tell them I’m going for scar treatments at The Clifford Clinic and it should be cleared up by the time I start(they wrote in the email cabin crew Nov so I still have quite a bit of time to clear my skin before I start), will they still consider me?
Nope dude, they aren't going to let you clear the skin check if the scars on your cheeks aren't acceptable. You can't tell them that the scars will be "cleared by the time I start" because they want to see it fixed before letting you through the skin check.

NurfatinDarwisya

Post by NurfatinDarwisya » Mon, 02 Mar 2020 4:14 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:

Hello! Regarding your skin, I think you should just go for it! ☺️

I’ve also submitted my online interview on the 26th Feb! Hoping to get an email for the 2nd Interview. Good luck to you! 🌸

Let’s update here if we get any call/email!

chunky_monkey

Post by chunky_monkey » Tue, 03 Mar 2020 2:18 pm

qpzjr- wrote:
Mon, 02 Mar 2020 12:42 am
chunky_monkey wrote:
Nope dude, they aren't going to let you clear the skin check if the scars on your cheeks aren't acceptable. You can't tell them that the scars will be "cleared by the time I start" because they want to see it fixed before letting you through the skin check.
Thank for the reply! Oh I guess I have to really improve my skin before the interview

chunky_monkey

Post by chunky_monkey » Tue, 03 Mar 2020 2:20 pm

NurfatinDarwisya wrote:
Mon, 02 Mar 2020 4:14 pm
chunky_monkey wrote:

Hello! Regarding your skin, I think you should just go for it! ☺️

I’ve also submitted my online interview on the 26th Feb! Hoping to get an email for the 2nd Interview. Good luck to you! 🌸

Let’s update here if we get any call/email!
Thanks for the reply! Yea I think I’ll go for it next week.

Sure I’ll keep you updated if I get any email! Thank you and good luck to you too!

melodyinno28

Post by melodyinno28 » Wed, 04 Mar 2020 8:49 pm

Hi,

I am from Batch 13/20 :wink: may I know if anyone is from this batch too?!! Would love to get to know each other before training :D :D

milkteaaa

Post by milkteaaa » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 5:04 pm

Hello, I submitted my video interview on 1st March :) just checking to see if anyone around my timeline has already received the face to face interview invite?

barchormee

Post by barchormee » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 6:32 pm

milkteaaa wrote:
Thu, 05 Mar 2020 5:04 pm
Hello, I submitted my video interview on 1st March :) just checking to see if anyone around my timeline has already received the face to face interview invite?
hello! when is your deadline for the video interview submission?

milkteaaa

Post by milkteaaa » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 9:11 pm

barchormee wrote:
Thu, 05 Mar 2020 6:32 pm
milkteaaa wrote:
My dateline was 1st March :) I do know some ppl with 26-28th Feb deadline. I think I'm probably one of the last few haha. Wondering if there is anyone here with end Feb deadline that received news on the next interview stage.
Have you received a face interview invite? :)

cindy.cin

Post by cindy.cin » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 8:47 am

Submitted a month ago, till now no news, not sure when they gonna start hiring again... awww

qpzjr-

Post by qpzjr- » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:08 am

With more than 500 excess cabin crew, I would think its unlikely that the hiring resumes anytime soon.

Barbiex

Post by Barbiex » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:22 am

Anyone who went for medical check up in KL can share how the doctors check for scoliosis?

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 6:13 pm

They won't be hiring anytime soon. They even ask crew to go for no pay leave. And too much excesssive crew currently. we won't know when will the covid-19 going to end. So it's gonna be a long long long wait. I think you guys should look for other job or some self improvement lesson so when they start hiring, you can mentioned how it will shape you to be a good person and benefit to the company. ;)

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 6:15 pm

Barbiex wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:22 am
Anyone who went for medical check up in KL can share how the doctors check for scoliosis?

I have a kl friend crew she told me very strict. Why not going to chiropractic to improve sometimes one session can be improve rather then worrying here ;) GL.

barchormee

Post by barchormee » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:21 pm

milkteaaa wrote:
Thu, 05 Mar 2020 9:11 pm
barchormee wrote:
Thu, 05 Mar 2020 6:32 pm
milkteaaa wrote:
My dateline was 1st March :) I do know some ppl with 26-28th Feb deadline. I think I'm probably one of the last few haha. Wondering if there is anyone here with end Feb deadline that received news on the next interview stage.
Have you received a face interview invite? :)
not yet! anyone with 26 feb deadline has received the email for second interview?