Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Mon, 29 May 2006 10:14 am

Final interview on coming wednesday! 2 more days ahead! i'm so scare! Any ideal what kind of question they will ask!

Family
job
Customer service experiences!
ANything else?

oceanmist
Regular
Regular

Post by oceanmist » Mon, 29 May 2006 12:57 pm

Heyy Sheryl... No shopping for you!
Better concentrate on your exam first we'll go after the 6th!
Opps I mean after the 8th, which is your final interview.
I'll wait for your good news and we go celebrate! =)

erieo
Regular
Regular

Re: ..

Post by erieo » Mon, 29 May 2006 1:16 pm

Cheesie wrote:Final interview on coming wednesday! 2 more days ahead! i'm so scare! Any ideal what kind of question they will ask!

Family
job
Customer service experiences!
ANything else?

Dun be scare Cheesie, have faith in yourself.
I believe u can sail through smoothly.
All the best yeah!

Cheers

redapple

Post by redapple » Tue, 30 May 2006 10:50 am

HI CHessie,
i had PM you..all the ans ya need. reply me when ya read it..

redapple

Post by redapple » Tue, 30 May 2006 2:15 pm

Nono, i skipped this walk in delibrately... as i failed twice at the management..:(
Sheryl wrote:blancD, thanks for the informative website. Its really a good read.

redapple, are you going for the final interview and tea session also??

Chessie, i'll pm you in awhile. I'm tired of interview as well.. :???: By the way, i heard the dresscode is smart and casual for that day. So have you thought of the clothes to wear?

Oceanmist, before i can pave any way in STC, i must make it there first, which i hope i can. These days have been mind stressing. I wished i can move on with my daily chores. :???: Think really got to relax during this GSS.. Haha, wanna go shopping someday? :lol:

serembanboy

Post by serembanboy » Tue, 30 May 2006 5:16 pm

to sheryl, cheesie,

all the very best in management interview. :D

Sheryl

hi

Post by Sheryl » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 10:44 pm

serembanboy, my interview is on this coming thursday. Anxious about it.. :shock:

ame

Post by ame » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 9:22 pm

hihi,

am new to forum, been reading through and wanted to join u gals in the path to pursue our dreams to be a flight attendant.

well, ive been to SIA interview for 3-4 times for the past few years, really cannot grasp what they are looking for. Have been trying and have thoughts of giving up everytime after kena reject.

im already going 25 this year, think my chances will be slim lor.. sad :(
my older sis used to be a SIA girl, those golden SIA girls times, parents are so proud of her and she non-stop telling me hw fun it was.

I been trying wat, but just cannot get in mah.. keep rubbing salt into my wounds. She stop flying a few years back, recently got in United and went away for her training already. My parents 'so proud' of her talks comes back again. STRESS! :roll:

xue_er

Post by xue_er » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:05 pm

aww poor ame, dun feel pressured... i guess u tired your best!

keep trying! u'll never know when your lucky star will be upon u!

and good luk Sherly for your management interview! do keep us updated

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Don't Despair

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:41 pm

ame wrote:hihi,

am new to forum, been reading through and wanted to join u gals in the path to pursue our dreams to be a flight attendant.

well, ive been to SIA interview for 3-4 times for the past few years, really cannot grasp what they are looking for. Have been trying and have thoughts of giving up everytime after kena reject.

my older sis used to be a SIA girl, those golden SIA girls times, parents are so proud of her and she non-stop telling me hw fun it was.

I been trying wat, but just cannot get in mah.. keep rubbing salt into my wounds. She stop flying a few years back, recently got in United and went away for her training already. My parents 'so proud' of her talks comes back again. STRESS! :roll:
Hi ame,
Do not feel that you are any less capable or less competent than your sister. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. For SIA interview, it is indeed hard to gauge what the interviewers are looking for but I think they are definitely looking out for certain qualities: -
1) Humility - Be humble when you are answering questions or when you are with the rest of the interviewees. They are constantly watching your every moves.
2) Confidence - You need to be confident when answering questions because cabin crew are trained to provide first aid treatment and aid in evacuating passengers when incidents like engine failure occurs. Show confidence in that sense.
3) Eloquence - Cabin crews are trained on immigration issues, visas, wines, cultures, cuisines. Cabin crews must be able to answer passengers' enquiries eloquently without stutter.
4) Enthusiasm - When other interviewees are conversing, please pay attention to what they are relating and show interest. This is especially crucial during the group interview. The interviewers sometimes are looking at the rest of the seated interviewees when an interviewee is presenting.
5) Passion - Do not fail to keep on trying if you really have the passion for it unless you exceed the age limit. They do look at your passion pertaining to the number of times you applied because this will be asked during the final management round of interview.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. If you did not get through, it does not mean that you are any less prettier than the other gals. I am sure everyone is pretty in their own ways. We learn from failures and hopefully, one day you will get to fulfill your dream of being a FA. Good luck ame.

ame

Post by ame » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 2:19 am

Thank you for ur supporting words. Flying is one of my dreams, i will keep trying till my age dont allow me to do so. As for my sis and parents, just have to keep on turning on deaf ears to it. No choice. Lets keep trying together... :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:55 pm

Hi Ame,

Also sad to hear from you say that you have been trying for many times and always keep rejected. Seems like my suitation is also same like yours too. I also never feel disappointed or sad about it. Though i know that we cant just give up like that. I also went to try for mant airlines of their walk in interview or even apply online.

Also didnt get selected by them too. Im also wondering and thinking what are they looking for actually. Did come to my mind that i also ever want to give up too. Since i have gone for many times and always fail and get rejected. Btw, may i know how old is your sis?

Well.... your parents are different like my parents. They dont oppose me of becoming a FA. But i insists and still keen of becoming a FA. I want to prove to them and show that i can do it too. Since everyone can get in. Then why cant we? There's no need for you to feel stress.

Just take it that you pretend didnt hear or just ignore about it. Last but not least, dont be so sad again. Keep on moving and have the spirits! We encourage to each other. Ok?

ame wrote:hihi,

ame

Post by ame » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 1:24 pm

Hey... er.. how do i address you?

Lets not be discourage, keep trying and we'll never know. My older sis is 32 this year, she started flying for SIA right after she comes out from poly then. Actually, i would love to join JAL if given a chance, but seems like they didnt conduct an interview for sooooo long. hmmm, wonder when? Hope soon they will conduct an interview again soon. [-o<

In the meantime, i just cont. working and just keep trying when interview comes along... till im too old for that! 8-)

As for my parents... act blur and shut off are the best options. :-#

Post by Guest » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 1:46 pm

Hey, those who went for final rounds today! how was it?

ginger

flying high

Post by ginger » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 7:03 pm

Hi all FA wannabe babes... Silkair is recruiting this fri and sat again! :D