Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
claw

Post by claw » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:39 pm

hi i am a newbie here... may i know if SIA allows trainees to take leave or MC during training?

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:48 pm

to those starting on 10 April, the email is here. It was nearly trashed as it was kept in my bulk email folders, and it doesn't have a sender's name. Go check it out! :) Quite a bit of things to do..

snazzytrina

Post by snazzytrina » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 1:38 am

divine_genie wrote:to those starting on 10 April, the email is here. It was nearly trashed as it was kept in my bulk email folders, and it doesn't have a sender's name. Go check it out! :) Quite a bit of things to do..
ohhh ur wait has ended! 2 of us who got the call this morning, still no email. you waited a day? argh ok, gotta have patience......... (do i have u on msn already?)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 2:13 am

somebody pls help.

has anyone experienced or know of any cases where you didnt recieve the employment contract/agreement that was to reach you by mail?

if so, how did you handle it? thanks in advance..
the world at your doorstep

jacqq

Post by jacqq » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 2:01 pm

aliciagloria wrote:Jacq, I thought u r with Emirates? U quit? coz I did post some qns for u under the Emirates thread...
i think that's another jacq hahahaha.

Sheepy

Post by Sheepy » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 5:39 pm

Hi again!

I've got another question: Do i need to have teeths which are straightly aligned? Cause` mine aren't and looks abit crooked. I'm sorry for always posting questions instead of helping out to answer.

Thanks so much.
Sheepy

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 9:08 pm

yingying2888 wrote:somebody pls help.

has anyone experienced or know of any cases where you didnt recieve the employment contract/agreement that was to reach you by mail?

if so, how did you handle it? thanks in advance..
yingying, I'm the unfortunate soul who was the last to be informed of training in my group and didn't receive my contract via mail as promised.

I called Mary about this several times for the following days while waiting. Eventually, she sent out another copy of the contract via express mail the day before I was supposed to go down to STC to sign my bond. I got the documents signed and brought it down to STC to submit to the HR lady when I went down the following day to sign my bond with my surety.

So if you still didnt receive your contract 2 days before you go down to sign the bond, better call Mary up ya. :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 2:36 am

xanngac: thanks so much for your reply despite ur busy schedule! unfortunately i'm going down to sign my contract on tue.. but i haven even recieve it today. (sunday) and mary asked me to call her on tue morning when my signing of bond is on the same day.. i dunno how man..
the world at your doorstep

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 9:09 am

Sheepy wrote:
Dru wrote:
Also, i've check the web and they says 'At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience'

Many thanks!
Sheepy
i have a friend who got in with o' levels but she had one year of experience with Japan Airlines. I think they will need you to have working experiences in the hospitality industry.
一緒に青い空へ~

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:37 am

yingying2888 wrote:xanngac: thanks so much for your reply despite ur busy schedule! unfortunately i'm going down to sign my contract on tue.. but i haven even recieve it today. (sunday) and mary asked me to call her on tue morning when my signing of bond is on the same day.. i dunno how man..
I dun think you will receive it today since sunday no delivery services. If monday afternoon still didnt receive it, then maybe you want call Mary just to let her know and see what she says.

Anyway she asked you to call her on tue morning maybe she just might ask the HR lady to pass you the contract there and then on Tue when you go down to sign bond. So worry not, cause that contract only requires your own signature la. :)

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:39 pm

Btw, anyone knows what's the latest training dates at the moment, 15th April or even later? :)
Hello there!

Esther2008

Post by Esther2008 » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 2:58 pm

Hi dreamchaserrrr....

Thanks for your advises. I think I know wat sould I do now... :)
All the best to all of us! ^^

pink22

Post by pink22 » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 9:24 pm

sokeai: i think there is one on 21 April if i rem correctly.. :)

malik

Post by malik » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 9:07 am

hi, xanngac n yingying2888, by any chance ya have mary's contact, number? email? I've recieved call last monday 24th, was told my training on the 15th April. Yet to get my email nor mail. sent an email to cabincrew recruit, no reply. tnx.
Last edited by malik on Mon, 31 Mar 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

pisces81

re: hi again

Post by pisces81 » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 9:20 am

Hi again frens!

Need some advise here....Im supposed to receive an email from SIA for my round 4 interview ( i went for the 16 Mar intv), but no reply yet. Is there any way I can contact them and ask? Would Mary be the right person to ask regarding recruitment issues? Stress liao. Its been like nearly 2 weeks oredy.

so sad :cry: