Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 7:48 pm

@Ck: Thank you :) And congrats! So when does your training start?

marl

Post by marl » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 11:39 pm

Hi guys,

please help me clarify, I'm Indonesian and last time I applied for CC position in Jakarta in May 2012. I passed and went for final interview in Sept 1st 2012 but unfortunately failed in management which was the last stage last time.
my question is, is it true that I have to wait for another 6 months before I can apply??
cos I intend to go for Spore interview in Dec 1st and I bought a ticket already! :???:
I also noticed that in the employment application, I have to declare whether I have previously applied and must state the date of application. super confused! should I just state May 2012 or Sept?

Please please please someone help me enlighten me

I don't want to waste my ticket and money but I also don't want to come to the interview and got kicked out becos of I have applied beforee

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:29 am

marl wrote:Hi guys,

please help me clarify, I'm Indonesian and last time I applied for CC position in Jakarta in May 2012. I passed and went for final interview in Sept 1st 2012 but unfortunately failed in management which was the last stage last time.
my question is, is it true that I have to wait for another 6 months before I can apply??
cos I intend to go for Singapore interview in Dec 1st and I bought a ticket already! :???:
I also noticed that in the employment application, I have to declare whether I have previously applied and must state the date of application. super confused! should I just state May 2012 or Sept?

Please please please someone help me enlighten me

I don't want to waste my ticket and money but I also don't want to come to the interview and got kicked out becos of I have applied beforee

Hello, don't sound so stressed... :)

Before you go further, read this:
http://www.bohtong.org/2012/09/disappoi ... -crew.html

It's a real account of foreigner applying in Singapore.

And besides, you can't choose whether your ticket will be wasted anymore because you already bought it. Unless you can partially refund...

marl

Post by marl » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 8:44 am

@swanlake

I read the link alrd, but that doesn't answer my question. Is it true I need to wait for another 6 months before I can apply? If so, the 6 months will be after my 1st interview (which is in May) or after my final interview (which is last sept)?
Cos if it's counted from my very 1st application and interview, I have passed 6 months. But if it's from my last interview, it's not 6 months waiting yet.

Someone help me clarifyyyy.. :cry:

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:47 pm

marl wrote:@swanlake

I read the link alrd, but that doesn't answer my question. Is it true I need to wait for another 6 months before I can apply? If so, the 6 months will be after my 1st interview (which is in May) or after my final interview (which is last sept)?
Cos if it's counted from my very 1st application and interview, I have passed 6 months. But if it's from my last interview, it's not 6 months waiting yet.

Someone help me clarifyyyy.. :cry:
I went to read the application form... it's actually very simple and straight forward....I really don't see what can be so confusing...

Here is a clear answer for you: You state all your previous attempts and dates. They didn't ask for your LAST date.

Read: "8. Have you applied on any previous occasions for employment in any capacity with SIA? Give date and position applied for."

And if you don't mind me saying, as a CC you need to be able to deal with stress and you need to present yourself calm and composed....try not to sound so distressed....it's a sure fail. You may put on a mask during interview but when real disaster strikes, how will you deal with passengers?

Oh btw, when people leave out answering some questions, it probably means that they are not qualified to answer those questions. And lastly, when people provide you with any information when they could had left you hanging, regardless of whether you read the info before or not, it's basic courtesy to acknowledge and thank them, instead of stating that it does not answer your query. Why? They took time and effort to write you a reply.

marl

Post by marl » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 4:00 pm

@swanlake

Hey! Sorry if my previous reply annoys u, and sorry that I didn't thank you earlier :)

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:12 am

hi jayina.thnz for your reply.well i think wat they state in e website is true, 3.5k every month.but is sq the highest paying airline?

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 1:12 pm

heydelilah wrote:hi jayina.thnz for your reply.well i think wat they state in e website is true, 3.5k every month.but is sq the highest paying airline?
Definitely not. Kristine said on her website. :) Besides, it makes sense also considering our currency isn't as strong as some other country...

@marl: Cheers, no worries :)

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Thu, 11 Oct 2012 1:45 pm

well it may be stressful, ive been try for about 4 times? and out if all the 4 tries, ive been booted out at different rounds. then all sorts of questions u start to ask yourself, mainly "WHY?", that means its really luck or u just got so unlucky, no matter what, DONT STOP TRYING! :) i've had friends who tried about 10 times or more before getting to be hired by SQ. probably 1st Dec i will give my best shot again! See ya fellas!

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 1:57 pm

hi swanlake,u seem to know alot of this stuff.why are u nt a stewardess yet?

marl

Post by marl » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 2:46 pm

fauzjay wrote:well it may be stressful, ive been try for about 4 times? and out if all the 4 tries, ive been booted out at different rounds. then all sorts of questions u start to ask yourself, mainly "WHY?", that means its really luck or u just got so unlucky, no matter what, DONT STOP TRYING! :) i've had friends who tried about 10 times or more before getting to be hired by SQ. probably 1st Dec i will give my best shot again! See ya fellas!
hey! share with us ur experience! what's the furthest rounds? and btw, after booted out, did they tell u that u have to wait for several months before u can come to another recruitment?? :D

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:13 am

heydelilah wrote:hi swanlake,u seem to know alot of this stuff.why are u nt a stewardess yet?
Haha I didn't apply yet. I still have school. Will take quite a while still :)

Are you trying out this December? I wish you all the best.

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:15 am

marl wrote:
fauzjay wrote:well it may be stressful, ive been try for about 4 times? and out if all the 4 tries, ive been booted out at different rounds. then all sorts of questions u start to ask yourself, mainly "WHY?", that means its really luck or u just got so unlucky, no matter what, DONT STOP TRYING! :) i've had friends who tried about 10 times or more before getting to be hired by SQ. probably 1st Dec i will give my best shot again! See ya fellas!
hey! share with us ur experience! what's the furthest rounds? and btw, after booted out, did they tell u that u have to wait for several months before u can come to another recruitment?? :D
Oh by the way marl, I'm not sure if it applies differently for foreigners but Singaporeans can keep trying with no breaks. Hope this helps :)

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:36 am

marl wrote:
just keep trying... i failed in august and i retried in sept again :)

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:59 pm

Swanlake wrote:
marl wrote:
Oh by the way marl, I'm not sure if it applies differently for foreigners but Singaporeans can keep trying with no breaks. Hope this helps :)
I failed in aug and got through in sept. I'm a Thai :)