Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
runninggear

Post by runninggear » Mon, 31 May 2010 3:45 pm

my friend went for the check up on the first day (monday), and had to return the next day for 2nd xray due to mild scoliosis...the letter didnt state any reason but i guess its quite obvious it was due to the spine ):

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:20 pm

runninggear wrote:my friend went for the check up on the first day (monday), and had to return the next day for 2nd xray due to mild scoliosis...the letter didnt state any reason but i guess its quite obvious it was due to the spine ):
OMG! Mary just called about 5 minutes ago, only to confirm the receipt of an email I sent a few days back (regarding my notice period + bringing down documents). She said my application is still PENDING... sigh~ I swear I hyperventilated when I saw the hunting number.

I feel so weak now, I hope it's good news by the end of this week.

defunct

Post by defunct » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:38 pm

artsan, runningear - I went for the March interview. I told them I'm available early June. =)
I received the call already and Mary said that bond signin will be somewhere mid May. Till now there's no news from her. So yeah. Still waitin, worryin.
anyways, yeah I don't have enough post too...

Pushpixel, any updates? =)

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:45 pm

defunct wrote:artsan, runningear - I went for the March interview. I told them I'm available early June. =)
I received the call already and Mary said that bond signin will be somewhere mid May. Till now there's no news from her. So yeah. Still waitin, worryin.

Defunct, you may want to drop Mary an email. But just a gauge, she normally replies 5 to 6 days after the email has been sent.

starbean

Post by starbean » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:46 pm

defunct wrote:artsan, runningear - I went for the March interview. I told them I'm available early June. =)

Hey defunct, when you got the call did she tell you your training date?

Coz she will email you the surety particulars form and snail mail you the hard copy of the contract itself.

** and in the email is the date for the bond signing.

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:55 pm

[quote="defunct"]artsan, runningear - I went for the March interview. I told them I'm available early June. =)

Pushpixel, any updates? =)[/quote]

hi defunct,

Usually after receiving the call you shld get the email ard 1-2 weeks later to confirm the call..prolly they need more time to verify the documents etc. Perhaps you may wan to drop them an email if they don't get back to you by end of this week.. Don't worry too much!

artsan
Regular
Regular

Post by artsan » Mon, 31 May 2010 4:56 pm

starbean wrote:Hey defunct, when you got the call did she tell you your training date?

Coz she will email you the surety particulars form and snail mail you the hard copy of the contract itself.

** and in the email is the date for the bond signing.
Starbean, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know the email contains the surety form. Anyway, when are you starting your training (and like what's the timeline of your med check to when Mary called you?)

defunct

Post by defunct » Mon, 31 May 2010 5:14 pm

Artsan - yeah, was thinkin of that too. 5-6 days aye.

Starbean - hi. Yup, Mary said to attend the 14th June batch. I've mailed back the acceptance letter and the staff regulations. However, no email yet.

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Mon, 31 May 2010 5:16 pm

[quote="starbean"][quote="defunct"]artsan, runningear - I went for the March interview. I told them I'm available early June. =)

Hi starbean,
the funny thing is I receive a call from Mary, follow by an email a week later saying tht I will receive an employment letter.. There are no further details inside the email except to confirm the training date and receiving of the letter! Now I'm anticipating when I'm goin to receive the letter!!

** and in the email is the date for the bond signing.[/quote]

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Mon, 31 May 2010 5:20 pm

[quote="starbean"][quote="defunct"]artsan, runningear - I went for the March interview. I told them I'm available early June. =)

Hi starbean,
the funny thing is I receive a call from Mary, follow by an email a week later saying tht I will receive an employment letter.. There are no further details inside the email except to confirm the training date and receiving of the letter! Now I'm anticipating when I'm goin to receive the letter!!

** and in the email is the date for the bond signing.[/quote]

defunct

Post by defunct » Mon, 31 May 2010 5:32 pm

cheerypumpkin wrote: hi defunct,

Usually after receiving the call you shld get the email ard 1-2 weeks later to confirm the call..prolly they need more time to verify the documents etc. Perhaps you may wan to drop them an email if they don't get back to you by end of this week.. Don't worry too much!
hi cheerypumpkin.
mmmmm. Mary called somewhere early April. About a week or so later I received the letter of offer. No emails yet. =)
Guess I'll wait a couple more days. =)

starbean

Post by starbean » Mon, 31 May 2010 5:33 pm

Artsan, i have you on facebook, think myopia haha.

Anyways my timeline was, medical on 11th May, recieved the call on 19th May, recieved email on 21st May (includes surety particulars form and date for signing, which is 2nd or 3rd June).

You are required to sign the Deed of Covenant together with your surety at
Human Resources Interview Room, 1st Level, Lobby C, S** Training Centre
(S**) either on 2 June 2010 or 3 June 2010 at 2.00pm.

i) You must reply via e-mail with a soft copy of following attached, to
******@***.com.sg before 27 May 2010.
1. Deed of Covenant Particulars Form
2. Both sides of your and your suretys' Identity Card

Recieved snail mail package with staff regulations and contract on 27th May.

**mmm, cheerypumpkin, nothing attached to your email? i had 4 documents attached to mine.

***i start 7th june

pushpixel

Post by pushpixel » Mon, 31 May 2010 5:48 pm

hi defunct,

i got a call from Mary on 26, wed. no emails/letter yet. should i be worried? she says my medical is cleared and i can start training on the 14 lol. not sure if i should quit my job yet.

u got msn/fb or anything? can keep each other updated :>

defunct

Post by defunct » Mon, 31 May 2010 6:14 pm

pushpixel wrote:hi defunct,

i got a call from Mary on 26, wed. no emails/letter yet. should i be worried? she says my medical is cleared and i can start training on the 14 lol. not sure if i should quit my job yet.

u got msn/fb or anything? can keep each other updated :>
check your pm. =)

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Mon, 31 May 2010 10:09 pm

runninggear wrote:my availability date is late July. I'm still waiting for the call ):
same here..my availability date is july as well. already cleared medicals in the first try with no issues and stil waiting for the call.