Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
strawberi shortcake

Post by strawberi shortcake » Fri, 20 May 2005 12:10 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
strawberi shortcake wrote:ya.. the gals r all beri friendly.. i supposed BA should treat its people beri nice because most of e seniors involved in e recuitment exercise have oredi worked 4 a few years, some even ten odd years in BA... don't know if they might recruit singaporean soon lor? since they so loyal, hard 2 have any vancanies available, unless they wan 2 expand more flights in this region n need more people..

haiz, i hope they do.. my eye so red when i know i cant get in to 3rd round, esp when my friend got in n r gog 2 london nxt mth 4 a 5week training.. haiz..

btw, they do not see ur age le.. i met 1 interviewee who's 30 yet oso get selected 4 2nd rd.. so those who can't get in2 SIA bcos of age, can try BA in future... if they do recruit again... :lol:
Do you think BA puts a premium on people who speak mangled, junk, sms'ese English, or do you think they prefer candidates who speak the Queen's English?
Thank you so much!?!?!! :x I just wrote that posting with "mangled, junk, sms'ese English" for convenience sake!!! If this forum requires people to write "Queen's English", please say so! I was just offering some information here only!!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 20 May 2005 12:20 pm

strawberi shortcake wrote:Thank you so much!?!?!! :x I just wrote that posting with "mangled, junk, sms'ese English" for convenience sake!!! If this forum requires people to write "Queen's English", please say so! I was just offering some information here only!!
There have been quite a few posts throughout this board on many occasions asking people to post in real English. Nobody seems to pay much attention. PS: What's so 'convenient' when you are posting from a regular keyboard?

My point was this: Everybody asks all sorts of questions about age, height, scars, etc., and they do it in the most morbid, gawd awful, mashed up English... if you can even call it that. Now, maybe you are capable of switching back and forth without error but my experience is that people who write 'I dun no' tend to also slip up and speak that way... and think that way.

It is my opinion (and the opinion of most language teachers) that those who continually use sms'ese and singlish retard their language development. They no longer think in grammatically correct terms, and they certainly do not expand vocabulary and usage.

So, it's just a thought... when you are standing there, wondering why you did not make it past the first interview, you might ask: Did my language skills have anything to do with that?

Luke

IN YOUR DREAMS.... FAT HOPE....

Post by Luke » Fri, 20 May 2005 12:34 pm

ATTENTION:

To all people, especially girls shorter than 1.56m... please do not even think about it..... minimum requirement is the least minimum required qualities to enter this flying profession... After asking the height question on EVERY pages of the topic thread and the countless replies given, you should have get the idea and the answer you seek. Potential Flight Attendants should not be impatient as displayed non-verbally here... take your time to read the whole of this SIA Cabin Crew Q&A right beginning from Page 1

Sometimes, Dreams aren't gonna happened in Reality.

Post by Guest » Fri, 20 May 2005 12:40 pm

hahaz.... yeah... it can be compared to a fresh diploma graduate applying for a job position meant for fresh degree graduate...

Glenny

Post by Glenny » Fri, 20 May 2005 1:49 pm

Happen to drop by this here.For those who are realli interested to become SIA Cabin Crew :
As long as you can meet all these few criteria as stated below you should be able to make it to the final round of interview.

-Minimum 1.58m tall
-Speaks fluent English
-Ability to think fast, react fast
-A set of beautiful teeth and a sweet smile
-Smooth complexion (hands especially)
-No obvious scar or mark on face, hand and neck
-Not skinny or too plump. Just the right size to fit in the kerbaya.

:wink: Congrate! If you can meet all above criteria. You will definitely be a SIA Cabin Crew. :D
If not, then you should try to improve on the above areas.
For those who cant meet all of the above stated. My advise is, you should try other Airlines. No point wasting your time with SIA. The reason is, if you dont meet all the criteria above. You Will Definitely be eliminated in one of the 1st 3 rounds of interviews.

Hope this is a gd advise for those who want to be a SIA Stewardess.
My Aunt is one of the Interviewer for SIA Cabin Crew. This is wat she told me. Gd luck. :D

Post by Guest » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:21 pm

Keisha wrote:
Catmeat wrote:
Keisha wrote:anyone so far got any replies from silkair yet?
hello keisha.
if not im wrong Silkair recruitment just started like yesterday or wed.i think it takes maybe a week or so for em to reply.
u send ur resume already? :)
hi, Catmeat... i have not submitted my resume nor application to silkair yet. i just emailed them asking about silkair's age requirement for flight stewardess to which they have not replied yet. guess they are busy...

do you think a 25 year old can apply? if yes, would that be successful?
hello keisha
hey u are still young to be one of the crew. please dont hesitate anymore.just send your resume.
as what i know silkair HR and SIA wont attend to any emails( cos i emailed em before and they did not reply)

i'll send my resume probably tmr. im so excited. i wish us for the best.

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Keisha wrote:
Catmeat wrote: hello keisha.
if not im wrong Silkair recruitment just started like yesterday or wed.i think it takes maybe a week or so for em to reply.
u send ur resume already? :)
hi, Catmeat... i have not submitted my resume nor application to silkair yet. i just emailed them asking about silkair's age requirement for flight stewardess to which they have not replied yet. guess they are busy...

do you think a 25 year old can apply? if yes, would that be successful?
hello keisha
hey u are still young to be one of the crew. please dont hesitate anymore.just send your resume.
as what i know silkair HR and SIA wont attend to any emails( because i emailed em before and they did not reply)

i'll send my resume probably tmr. im so excited. i wish us for the best.
anyways the above reply is from me. catmeat :)

Re: IN YOUR DREAMS.... FAT HOPE....

Post by Guest » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:30 pm

Luke wrote:ATTENTION:

To all people, especially girls shorter than 1.56m... please do not even think about it..... minimum requirement is the least minimum required qualities to enter this flying profession... After asking the height question on EVERY pages of the topic thread and the countless replies given, you should have get the idea and the answer you seek. Potential Flight Attendants should not be impatient as displayed non-verbally here... take your time to read the whole of this SIA Cabin Crew Q&A right beginning from Page 1

Sometimes, Dreams aren't gonna happened in Reality.
Yup.... Totally Agree. Some of you ppl are just like to Dream...

Post by Guest » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:45 pm

to keisha and the rest....

SIA doesn't employ fickle-minded, undecisive people like you to join them as one of the elite Singapore Girls.

Stop asking mindless questions like, "25 years old can apply?"
You wanna apply, go apply. Never try, Never know.

Don't question people here... Email your cover letter, resume and the SIA Cabin Crew job application form to them and keep your fingers crossed. No point asking here as we are not the interviewers. Don't rely on string pulling where this Glenny aunt is one of the dozen interviewers SIA deployed. Emailing SIA questions are always treated as ignored emails (junks). The most straightforward is to call the SIA HR phone number.

Glenny

Post by Glenny » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:to keisha and the rest....

SIA doesn't employ fickle-minded, undecisive people like you to join them as one of the elite Singapore Girls.

You want to apply, go apply. Never try, Never know.

Don't question people here... Email your cover letter, resume and the SIA Cabin Crew job application form to them and keep your fingers crossed. No point asking here as we are not the interviewers. Don't rely on string pulling where this Glenny aunt is one of the dozen interviewers SIA deployed. Emailing SIA questions are always treated as ignored emails (junks). The most straightforward is to call the SIA HR phone number.
You r straight forward. :wink: Like wat i say. I am just offering advise. Heed my advises. If not, try going for the interviews then u will find out whether i am correct anot. So r u a Cabin Crew?

Clarine

Post by Clarine » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:15 pm

Hi all here.

Surprised to see this interesting forum and to know that so many people are actually interested to be part of SIA Cabin Crew.

This is Clarine here. I am a beautician with Estee Lauder. For those who happen to be unaware of this, SIA do hire some beauticians from different beauty salons to assist them in the interviews of the applicants.

However, we only comes into the picture in the kebaya and catwalk round. This is where our job comes in when we are suppose to assist the interviewers to screen the girls, to check for scars, pigmentation spots and other imperfections on the face and hands/body of the girls.

Most of you might think that SIA interview is very strict with scars, complexion, etc. Seriously, things aren't that bad afterall. As long as the girls look pleasant and do not have serious skin problems, we will pass them.

But nevertheless, you will also have to depend on your luck to see which beautician you have gotten that day. Yes, I do admit that there are some difficult and stricter beauticians.

So girls, keep yourself pretty & healthy! Not just for the dream of becoming a SQ Girl, but also for yourself.

Who says that normal girls cannot be prettier than a SQ Girl. Hey, that's definitely not the fact ok! So girls.. buck up your imprefections!

Love, Clarine!

Rach

Post by Rach » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:19 pm

Glenny wrote:

You r straight forward. :wink: Like wat i say. I am just offering advise. Heed my advises. If not, try going for the interviews then u will find out whether i am correct anot. So r u a Cabin Crew?
Hi Glenny,

that person, "Guest", is definitely not a cabin crew, neddless to ask. Because from the way he/she writes, the cat is already let out of the bad. If he/she is a cabin crew, the advice he/she gave would not be in such a rude waY!

It's like, you dont know, but want to act as if you know a lot and act smart to give people ugly adivce! Haha! :)

People here, dont have to bother about this guest. I find him/her irritating!

So confident huh, go try! See which round you will be out.

Anyway, I am a Cabin Crew from SIA. Leading Stewardess, Rachel Aw.

Sihui

Post by Sihui » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:24 pm

Rach wrote:
Glenny wrote:

Hi Glenny,

that person, "Guest", is definitely not a cabin crew, neddless to ask. Because from the way he/she writes, the cat is already let out of the bad. If he/she is a cabin crew, the advice he/she gave would not be in such a rude waY!

It's like, you dont know, but want to act as if you know a lot and act smart to give people ugly adivce! Haha! :)

Hello Rachel,

Wah! You are a leading Stewardess with SIA! How many years have you fly with SIA. How are the politics in SIA like?

Glenny

Post by Glenny » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:30 pm

Rach wrote:
Glenny wrote:

Hi Glenny,

Hi Rachel, thanks. Definitely you r a nice & friendly cabin crew. :wink: I enjoyed taking SIA flight. I have a few encounters whereby the stewardess remember my name when i board the plane. She addresses me with my name throughout. Service is excellent. The flight steward r also veri humble and polite. Make a comfortable journey throughout.
So you have been with SIA for how long? You enjoy flying wif SIA?

Rach

Post by Rach » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:30 pm

Hey Sihui! Yes, I am flying for SIA for 4 years already. I joined at the age of 20, after i graduated from my Polytechnic Diploma course. SIA do have politics, this is unavoidable of course. But I have to say that you also make many friends and get to know good close friends too.

Normally you will have a team flight. Out of a team of say, 12, you cant expect everyone to be a humble person right. There are always some bitchy girls, some arrogant girls, some humble ones, some friendly,etc... And you will be able to click with some but not with the others... It's just like during school days, where you have your own click of friends in your class. It's the same thing here. So no worries!

If not, there wont be 6,000++ cabin crews flying with SIA.

If you are interested, just apply.

If you get in, come look for me, Rachel. My colleagues and I dont bully juniors for sure! :)