Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yakai

Post by yakai » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:21 pm

sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !
:D relax!! a few more days to go and it wil be ur turn!!

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:31 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
southpaw wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:yakai & aber - thanks for your help !!
so excited ! my frn just sign her deed and she's going to the tailors soon.. so exciting !!!! I can't wait for mine on the 3th !

wah...so good! *eating sour grapes* LOL

i couldn't find a nice outfit although i've turned the whole orchard and tampines upside down..*stress*
lol dont need to eat sour grapes la.
just make sure ur in this time ! wheee !~~

and dont stress so much, wear something formal yet comfortable.

hmmm...do you think its appropriate for me to wear a dress? the dress is more to the casual type...not those business dress...but its plain white

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:35 pm

pork12 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:"I am fat or my skin is bad can I try?" - What is your image of a CC, do you think that you fit into it? If yes, then go ahead. To say that... I have seen Fat and bad skin SQ CC! It really puzzle me :shock:
This definitely end my doubts. Next time then!
Thanks!! :)

pork..you shouldn't be discouraged by what abercrombie said...

i think as long as you are portraying a good attitude and serve the passengers sincerely, that will do...

i don't think SIA will hire someone who is pretty and hot but with a bad attitude...

so, try this sunday!!!!! stop being so indecisive lahhhh...

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:42 pm

southpaw wrote:pork..you shouldn't be discouraged by what abercrombie said...

i think as long as you are portraying a good attitude and serve the passengers sincerely, that will do...

i don't think SIA will hire someone who is pretty and hot but with a bad attitude...

so, try this sunday!!!!! stop being so indecisive lahhhh...
HANOR! I also think I'm very indecisive! :( :? :oops: Can't stand myself either. But I made up my mind for sure this time - I'm SOO not ready. I'm not discouraged. More like I know where I stand now, so I will do whatever necessary first then try.
Still, thanks for the encouragement! :)
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:44 pm

southpaw wrote: hmmm...do you think its appropriate for me to wear a dress? the dress is more to the casual type...not those business dress...but its plain white
I think dresses like this are really ok.
http://www.thewomenscloset.com.sg/TWC02_087a.html
http://www.thewomenscloset.com.sg/TWC01_020a.html
I know, i've a festish for victorian dresses because I wore something like the above for my management interview.
oh ! i can snap a pic of what i wore.. let me to snap and show u. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:48 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
southpaw wrote: hmmm...do you think its appropriate for me to wear a dress? the dress is more to the casual type...not those business dress...but its plain white
I think dresses like this are really ok.
http://www.thewomenscloset.com.sg/TWC02_087a.html
http://www.thewomenscloset.com.sg/TWC01_020a.html
I know, i've a festish for victorian dresses because I wore something like the above for my management interview.
oh ! i can snap a pic of what i wore.. let me to snap and show u. :)
yes yes ..please do =)
i'm totally clueless on what to wear...last time i wore a blue top which is a bit victorian style also...and with a high waist black skirt...

so its a bit dark?

was looking for something plain and light now... *scratch head*

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 5:56 pm

I wore this for my 1st interview. Its baby pink and a high wasit skirt. I cant wear too low cuz my hips are huge. The top is from mulan ( amk hub, bugis junction), skirt's from joop (J8, suntec , vivocity)

This was what i wore for my management round. Its a one piece dress from Joop as well.
Flutterby Flutterby

drumx

Post by drumx » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 6:11 pm

sherrielynn wrote:I wore this for my 1st interview. Its baby pink and a high wasit skirt. I cant wear too low cuz my hips are huge. The top is from mulan ( amk hub, bugis junction), skirt's from joop (J8, suntec , vivocity)
hmmm, both dresses looks familiar.
where have I seen it? :-#

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 6:27 pm

southpaw, am going to wear plain white dress as well :) maybe i will know thats u whn i saw someone in white and so do u know who am i...haha..may white brings us luck yea :)
Accomplish or do not begin

tulips

Post by tulips » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 6:38 pm

congrats to those who made it the previous round.
and good luck to those going this sunday :wink:

if i'm not wrong, this is the last recruitment exercise of the year and i doubt they're gonna recruit anymore in the near future.. due to the economy downturn and decrease in flights. and it's gonna be tougher to get in now since they are not in need of crew.

even now when i wanna join back, they also sort of hint to me that my chances of going back are very slim.

anyhow, good luck and remember to smile at the interview :)

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 6:58 pm

iemuy wrote:
jlayl wrote:Hi.. I know I've posted this several times..
but I really want to know,
how many ppl who went for the walk in interview had their height measured shorter than they really are?
sherrie lynn, was your height accurate?
I just want to know whether its a most-of-the-time-measure-shorter thing or just that one particular incident that happened.
thanks.

*worried* :cry:
yep. i guess is always 1 cm shorter. mine was measured 1 cm shorter. theres this girl, she is 158cm. but was measured at 157cm. so she got kicked out immediately.
Ohh 1cm shorter I think I still have that allowance. any more than that is a BIG problem! but its such a relief to know that there are 1cm shorter thingy and not 2cm.. hahaa. Been so bugged by that the whole week!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:02 pm

drumx wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:I wore this for my 1st interview. Its baby pink and a high wasit skirt. I cant wear too low cuz my hips are huge. The top is from mulan ( amk hub, bugis junction), skirt's from joop (J8, suntec , vivocity)
hmmm, both dresses looks familiar.
where have I seen it? :-#
ahem !
1st on the 31st the 2nd on the 3rd ?!
hw can u nt remember !! :cry:
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Requirements

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:03 pm

yuanz wrote:
eLmYrA_1984 wrote:
jlayl wrote: Hi there!
I'm also like you, same problem with my height! for me, I measured at home to my best accuracy is 158.5cm. Which means its at a really dangerous end cos I don't have that excess 2cm for them to cut away. But I'm still going, hope that they measure accurately (cos If they do I am sure I make the 158cm mark) or hope they hear me out and measure properly or smthing.
I think you should just go and see how it goes. no guarantees that you will DEFINITELY make it, but it doesn't hurt to go. its not guarantee cmi too, right? :)
Hey thank u so much for ur reply..boosted my morale a little bit though...hehehe...good luck to u dear n everyone here... :)
hey, just to share.. SIA is very strict on their requirements cause u'll not be able to register if u dont meet the minimum educational requirement in the first place and will most prob be sent back when you're queueing up for registration..so the best option would be to get a diploma or retake an o level paper just to secure tt 5 credits.. for the height requirement its really strict also because u need to reach the cabin compartment of the aircraft and the measuring device at the recruitment always measures shorter than usual for everyone..alot had been asked to leave because of tt..but still good luck to those who's trying this sun!
okayy. so they measure shorter than usual for everyone, but any idea how many cm shorter usually? 1? or 2?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:05 pm

im actually standing at 167 but at STC i was measured at 166.
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 7:07 pm

okay, so 1cm shorter!
I measured myself at home, 158.5cm, but a bit inaccurate cos between floor and wall there's this part that juts out. so can I take that I am 159cm? lol
At SATA wdlnds body check up which I did when I was applying for scholarship, I was measured at 159cm. That's the tallest measurement I got so far..
So okayy GOOD now i feel HOPE!
wheee~

you guys have no idea how much more relieved I feel now (although its not a totally free-from-worry ending to my problem!) :D