Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dreamsaw

Post by dreamsaw » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 9:09 pm

MeganL wrote:Whoa. Congratulations on clearing everything on your first try! Beginners luck ya ;) All the best for your medical! So envious. SIA's interview is one of the most daunting interviews. haha
Thanks! As clichéd as it may sound, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours too :)

shinjiono84

Post by shinjiono84 » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:31 am

xin1993 wrote:
shinjiono84 wrote:mine was the young lady, and she still can chit chat non stop with me. for me the only reason i could think of was my teeth haha. im a guy btw.

so which group were u in. my group only had 3 people that went past the first round.
Is she the one with short boyish hair? I was in Group 10. Which group were you in? Skin check is tougher on girls. :(
I was in group 3, 3rd attempt already. Most of my friends that went with me already got thru. Starting training or in training already

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:40 am

dreamsaw wrote:
Again, I cannot over-emphasize how baffling the management's decision-making process (on who gets through and who doesn't) is, because the results were surprising. 4 out of 6 of us in my group made it. 2 guys in my group whom I thought spoke really well during part 2 (both of them related the topic and their views to their working experiences) didn't get through, while another guy and I, whom I felt were the two worst speakers during part 3 (being honest here, not humble), made it. Another girl who read the full passage during part 3 - instead of only the longest paragraph as told - got in too. It's really quite weird. But I suppose most of us who got through wouldn't really question it like I do, and were happy. I could really see the disappointment in the faces of those who didn't make it, having come so far in the stages..

P.S. Please don't quote me if it's not true but I asked an employee when the next cabin crew interview will be and she said mid-January 2013, and that SIA will try to have an interview every month or so. Best wishes to all hopefuls out there! :)
Thank you for telling us your whole experience! Congrats as well on making it! You're so close to becoming a SIA CC! I think they choose you because you are both honest and humble, which makes a great CC. How I wished I got it the first try too. The process is really scary. But I'll definitely try again because it's my dream. :) If what you said about the next recruitment date in mid-January is true, that'll be great! I can't wait already! ^^

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:44 am

shinjiono84 wrote:I was in group 3, 3rd attempt already. Most of my friends that went with me already got thru. Starting training or in training already
Oh well, it's really unpredictable so let's hope we get better luck next time. Don't be despaired. Keep trying and you'll get it! :)

dreamsaw

Post by dreamsaw » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 1:31 am

xin1993 wrote:Thank you for telling us your whole experience! Congrats as well on making it! You're so close to becoming a SIA CC! I think they choose you because you are both honest and humble, which makes a great CC. How I wished I got it the first try too. The process is really scary. But I'll definitely try again because it's my dream. :) If what you said about the next recruitment date in mid-January is true, that'll be great! I can't wait already! ^^
Thanks! I hope to pass the medical round, and I certainly wish you all the best in chasing your dream :)

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 1:41 am

yes! dont give up trying if its ur dream.. once u are in.. and pass the training and start to fly.. u will find it a little challenging at first to adapt to the work and lifestyle but once u r used to it.. enjoyment starts from there :) u will love it :)

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 5:59 am

xin1993 wrote:
wav35_ wrote:SIA is definitely stricter in today's recruitment. Heard that they dun really need alot of people but there was a massive turnout today - queue was all the way to the main road out of the hotel compound in the morning.

My friend told me that they were more lenient in the afternoon after lunch break, much more people were successful in the first round vs only 2 or 3 per group in the morning. SIA prob kicked out too many people in the morning, even if they were good. :(

Seems like timing is really important!
I reached there around 7.30 and I was in one of the early groups. 6 out of 10 passed the first round so I don't think it's because of timing. 2 others were booted out from my group during height check. After I got booted out of skin check for some reason, it was around 9.30 and I must agree with you that the queue was crazy long. I couldn't even see the end of the queue when I exited the hotel.
Yea like u said 6 out of 10 got through in the early morning. The interviewers are still fresh and not bored yet. When it's after lunch, they will be fresh again. I think the unfavourable timing is between 9 plus to 12 plus, where they have met hundreds or thousand of applicants already, are most bored and cant wait to clear everyone and go for lunch. Unfortunately, this is the period where the bulk of the applicants will be at.

Of course this is just me and my friends' opinions and is subjective. 8-) But luck really do play a part in SIA interview.

Also realise that first time applicants always stand a better chance. :)

rainbow123

Post by rainbow123 » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 9:30 am

Anyone does not got thru management stage? I failed at the management stage. It's very disappointing.

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 9:35 am

@rainbow123
Me too! But it's your first time? Mine too. What happened to your mgmt round?

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:35 am

frued wrote:@rainbow123
Me too! But it's your first time? Mine too. What happened to your mgmt round?
I failed at management round too and was my first time, but it was back in Aug. Still very daunting to me. Sigh. Didnt attend the recent one :/

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:06 pm

Can share what's the management debate topic??

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 2:42 pm

@yoyobin
For mine we weren't really given a topic but the interviewers asked us to pick a recent news headline so obviously everyone said the smrt strike.. So our topic was on whether it was right for the china workers to go on strike. yup

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 7:05 pm

@frued
Thanks for the reply! How old are u? Was it ur 1st time?

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Tue, 04 Dec 2012 12:31 am

@yoyobin
Yes it was my first time trying:)

rainbow123

Post by rainbow123 » Tue, 04 Dec 2012 12:53 pm

@fruad
Wow! Ur debate question was tough one . This only got one answer which is no . If u were debating the yes side must be v difficult to answer it .
I got this question : if your friend want to borrow money from you for plastic surgery to join sia, will you lend? yes and no. I was debating for yes ...