Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:35 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:To be very honest, I do not think they go for looks. As long as you look presentable. You don't have to be very pretty. :o
Yup yup. :) Recently new crews are like.............................. :???:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:38 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:M, I think you are quite humorous. lol.

How long have you been flying with SQ?
pork12 wrote: You know what? I wanted to say and ask the same thing too! Haha!
:oops: :oops: :oops: don't wanna reveal that can? :oops: :oops: :oops: need not advertise the number of years bah. :)

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:38 pm

M wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:To be very honest, I do not think they go for looks. As long as you look presentable. You don't have to be very pretty. :o
Yup yup. :) Recently new crews are like.............................. :???:
lol
My mum was saying that during their selection,they are so strict but some sq girls not pretty and has bad attitude. :shock:

maybe it really depends on luck?

mintia

Post by mintia » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:38 pm

True True... I'm not depending on my looks lah... beauty is subjective!
although I have seen some erm.. not so erm presentable FSS before.... :? not being mean! Just stating what I've observed from before...

Am sure M can comment on that :wink:

M - you don't sound like a junior and at least you sound fair it's nice of you to share.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:40 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:lol
My mum was saying that during their selection,they are so strict but some sq girls not pretty and has bad attitude. :shock:

maybe it really depends on luck?
attitude can be molded but looks cannot. :) luck does play a part in interviews but i reckon the overall package still matters.

the moment you step into the room, they are observing you. 8-)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 3:46 pm

M wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: don't wanna reveal that can? :oops: :oops: :oops: need not advertise the number of years bah. :)
HAHA! M you ARE humourous! and a little intimidating... I think IF I ever flew, and fly with you, I'll make sure I never make a single mistake. And looks CAN be molded.... plastic surgery lor! :-#
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 4:42 pm

pork12 wrote:HAHA! M you ARE humourous! and a little intimidating... I think IF I ever flew, and fly with you, I'll make sure I never make a single mistake. And looks CAN be molded.... plastic surgery lor! :-#
Porky, we treat new crews very nicely as long as they have positive attitudes. No one is born cabin crew so we have to start from scratch. :devil:

The only problem we face at times is profiling of new crews which happen to me at times. But whether a crew is hardworking and positive or not, we can tell. :) That is why I said attitude can be molded but not looks. If you wanna spend money to change the outlook you have, by all means. It probably will benefit the company and yourself? :P

It's a taboo in SQ to ask how long you have been flying, for most but not recently and furthermore you can tell by the staff number alone. I'm junior la! 8-)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 4:45 pm

mintia wrote:True True... I'm not depending on my looks lah... beauty is subjective!
although I have seen some erm.. not so erm presentable FSS before.... :? not being mean! Just stating what I've observed from before...

Am sure M can comment on that :wink:

M - you don't sound like a junior and at least you sound fair it's nice of you to share.
I guess the fair share of the "selected applicants" were recruited during the mass recruitments earlier this year when we were severely short of crews.

But like I've said, it's the overall package like when you buy a car. You don't just go for the outlook but also the engine etc. :^o

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:01 pm

Despite the downturn, you will note that recruitment continues altho we have scaled back. This is simply because we need to replace the crew who leave us. Furthermore, we must be ready for when the time the travel demand returns in full and more planes are put back into service. But we will be very selective with whom we hire, and track the monthly turnover rate and future capacity plans closely to avoid carrying unnecessary overheads.
From a reliable source. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:04 pm

M wrote:Porky, we treat new crews very nicely as long as they have positive attitudes. No one is born cabin crew so we have to start from scratch. :devil:

The only problem we face at times is profiling of new crews which happen to me at times. But whether a crew is hardworking and positive or not, we can tell. :) That is why I said attitude can be molded but not looks. If you wanna spend money to change the outlook you have, by all means. It probably will benefit the company and yourself? :P

It's a taboo in SQ to ask how long you have been flying, for most but not recently and furthermore you can tell by the staff number alone. I'm junior la! 8-)
I'm modest, positive and very hardworking I assure you. If there's ever a chance of us working together, you'll agree. :P

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:08 pm

pork12 wrote:I'm modest, positive and very hardworking I assure you. If there's ever a chance of us working together, you'll agree. :P
LOL! :king:

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:30 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:My question was something like, "Other than serving food and drinks, what should a CC do?" Something like that.

I should have talked about ensuring passengers' safety but I went to talk about something else. lol. stupid me.

I will be trying again for the next walk-in.

Your first try? This is my 2nd try and oh crap, gotta try again :(
We all go together for the walk in :) I think i will never get into SIA due to me not being asian BUT i shall come iwth you guys, i have nothing to lose :)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:33 pm

Tink_15 wrote:We all go together for the walk in :) I think i will never get into SIA due to me not being asian BUT i shall come iwth you guys, i have nothing to lose :)
Good point! You will gain experience in handling interviews.

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:37 pm

mintia wrote:Hi Zandlelight - Didn't manage to spot you! All the guys like huddled in one corner... I was in a blue/white floral print dress but aiyah, how to spot anyone when there's an influx of super pretty girls to distract? :lol:

KimberlyGin - Congrats! Think so far you're the only one in the forum to make it all the way! Did you get your medical test done @ STC too?

GaganX - I failed management round @ the Nov 23rd walk in and was told to try only 2 mths later.. but TezTez told me to ignore the ban and keep trying, which I did. Surprised that I then made it past round 1 on Monday. Hmmm, I'm thinking if it's because they don't key in our particulars into the system when we register @ STC? ('cos I know they do @ Sheraton)

I remembera girl in a white blue dress hehe

M - You sound way happening lah :wink: If I ever get in, can I fly with you? heh heh.

Well I guess what we all can only do is to keep trying! For those of you who are young - you've many chances ahead, so don't give up! I'm already 27 this year and Monday was my 9th attempt... wonder if I have keep trying till I'm 28... :(

x mintia

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 5:38 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:In the past, the level of difficulties to get in is about 100% now it is like 150%. :(

Its like 250% for ang moh ahaha