Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 1:27 am

jiakel wrote:it's amazing how just early this year i was talking about the same things as you guys in this forum and being so excited and now i'm already flying. it's good to be enthusiastic and stuff but please do think about the cons too. i entered with rose-tinted glasses and now i see things clearer. it's still a good job; don't get me wrong. just be prepared to deal with the darker side of things =)
There's always 2 sides to a thing. But hey! You're flying! :)
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 2:55 am

hi, I'm new here.. just wanna check out for the coming walk in interview.. what should a 1st timer like me prepare? Applying for steward post.

Anyway any Steward wanna share experiences of a steward as compare to a stewardess?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 9:02 am

sherrielynn wrote: pork - no worries ! ur bmi is 22.6.. still in the normal range !!!
The BMI for SIA is :
Girls less the 22
Guys less then 25

mountaingoat

Post by mountaingoat » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:50 am

Actually.. If the interviewers like you.. it doesn't matter what you wear seriously. I went to one of the interviews and I looked as this girl and thought to myself like "i don't think she'll make it.." I wore a shirt with waisted skirt, black heels, nice makeup and all.. She wore this long tunic.. not even a dress, with leggings and sandals.. we cleared everything and were batchmates.. so.. tell me about it.. haha!

To all the girls out there.. Don't give up. Keep trying. They can sense your sincerity and determination.. You'll get what you want ultimately. Good luck and gambateh!!

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 1:43 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
sherrielynn wrote: pork - no worries ! ur bmi is 22.6.. still in the normal range !!!
The BMI for SIA is :
Girls less the 22
Guys less then 25
WOOTS! Haha. I NEED TO SHED FAT!!!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 2:11 pm

pork12 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
The BMI for SIA is :
Girls less the 22
Guys less then 25
WOOTS! Haha. I NEED TO SHED FAT!!!

its just o.6 ! lol. and they didnt write it in black and white nor in the requriements. so dont worry too much about it ! just be healthy !
Flutterby Flutterby

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 2:12 pm

rachelhoe wrote:i will need to buy clothes then.. i intend to wear this grey cotton dress..
you can seek mountaingoat's advice. but it all depends on the interviewer. besides it wont hurt to get a few more since if you're gonna go to STC for training. :D
Flutterby Flutterby

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 3:27 pm

HI mountaingoat

did you went for the 31st oct interview?
or the earlier one?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 5:05 pm

sherrielynn wrote:its just o.6 ! lol. and they didnt write it in black and white nor in the requriements. so dont worry too much about it ! just be healthy !
That 0.6 is 2KG worth of fats. Haha. When are you starting your training anw?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 6:45 pm

pork12 wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:its just o.6 ! lol. and they didnt write it in black and white nor in the requriements. so dont worry too much about it ! just be healthy !
That 0.6 is 2KG worth of fats. Haha. When are you starting your training anw?
right after haji. 9th dec. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

southpaw

Post by southpaw » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 6:48 pm

hi girls..

i need some advice...actually i'm studying part time degree now..and i only need to complete 2-3 modules only.. i don't see it a problem as the classes are held at night. and i believe the training ends at 5 or 530?

however, i need to go to the US for 3 weeks residency on end april to mid may...so, do you think SIA will penalize me because of this? should i tell them that i'm studying part time or keep it?

if i'm not wrong, cc can't take any leave during the 6 months probation after the training...so i'm not sure whether i should go for the interview..

PLS ADVICE!! thanks :D

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 6:56 pm

sillyflower wrote:Hi Jetset and Chocopie,

Shall we meet and go together? Hmm... I intend to go there early too, around 8 am or 8.30 am, to avoid the crowd.
ya 830 wld be gd. Hi ladies, wat's e formula to cal BMI? n do they ask u to reach e 212 markin? im only 1.58m n m having difficulties reaching 2.12m!!. n if they cut yr height by 2cm, tat makes me 156..n i'll get booted out even b4 1st round.Oh my. worried

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:00 pm

chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote:Hi Jetset and Chocopie,

Shall we meet and go together? Hmm... I intend to go there early too, around 8 am or 8.30 am, to avoid the crowd.
ya 830 wld be gd. Hi ladies, wat's e formula to cal BMI? n do they ask u to reach e 212 markin? im only 1.58m n m having difficulties reaching 2.12m!!. n if they cut yr height by 2cm, tat makes me 156..n i'll get booted out even b4 1st round.Oh my. worried
I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by height (m) squared. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?
Last edited by sillyflower on Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:01 pm

southpaw wrote:hi girls..

i need some advice...actually i'm studying part time degree now..and i only need to complete 2-3 modules only.. i don't see it a problem as the classes are held at night. and i believe the training ends at 5 or 530?

however, i need to go to the US for 3 weeks residency on end april to mid may...so, do you think SIA will penalize me because of this? should i tell them that i'm studying part time or keep it?

if i'm not wrong, cc can't take any leave during the 6 months probation after the training...so i'm not sure whether i should go for the interview..

PLS ADVICE!! thanks :D
You must be taking the mass comm degree from MDIS/OCU. Maybe you want to go for the next interview instead?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:04 pm

sillyflower wrote:I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?
BMI = Weight/(Height)square. 212 marking means you should be able to reach a height of 212cm when you stretch your arms... I think? =X