Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 8:10 pm

hafiz_ wrote:pork12, i believe sherrielynn meant the interview on the 31st of last month. not her 31st attempt. haha.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh you've just dashed my dreams!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:50 pm

hafiz_ wrote:pork12, i believe sherrielynn meant the interview on the 31st of last month. not her 31st attempt. haha.
lol. its the 31st of last mth. my apologise for not stating it clearly.
anyways for me, one try is all i can give. i never see myself trying and trying, i will get v dejected if i've failed when i've put in effort in the interview. so thank GOD for fulfiling my one and only attempt.
Flutterby Flutterby

ayaya

Post by ayaya » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:35 pm

i sent my application to them few months ago, they asked me come down STC for interview. But i was not at sg at that time. I replied them and now get their reply. I still dun know whether i should go early or not..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: anyone?

Post by M » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:17 am

jetset wrote:
M wrote:
sweetcheeks wrote:To what I comprehend, I believe what M is trying to say is that those who join the airline at 24 are still considered as very young.
=D> That's correct. :-({|=

:oops: So sorry, apologies. My bad for misinterpreting :oops:
No worries. 8-)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 9:55 am

sherrielynn wrote:
anyways for me, one try is all i can give. i never see myself trying and trying, i will get v dejected if i've failed when i've put in effort in the interview. so thank GOD for fulfiling my one and only attempt.
:oops: Really stupid of me to make that mistake. Haha! But then again, you must be good! You are the one who did a lot of homework, including memorising the history of SIA? You inspired me. Haha! Was already doing some homework, but your getting through inspired to do MORE homework! :) To tell the truth, I'm not sure if I can stand being rejected time after time either. :?

iemuy

Post by iemuy » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:14 pm

pork12 wrote:
sherrielynn wrote:
:oops: Really stupid of me to make that mistake. Haha! But then again, you must be good! You are the one who did a lot of homework, including memorising the history of SIA? You inspired me. Haha! Was already doing some homework, but your getting through inspired to do MORE homework! :) To tell the truth, I'm not sure if I can stand being rejected time after time either. :?
lol. so u going for the 23rd interview??

p.s. sherrie is really gd and she is a siao cha boh. lol.

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:44 pm

iemuy wrote: lol. so u going for the 23rd interview??

hello excuse me !
you don't need to tell the whole world i'm siao can !!!
*ROARS !****

and, good in what ? in entertaining u si bo ! :x
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:49 pm

iemuy wrote:

I can't. I'm still seeing a derma for my acne :(

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:52 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
iemuy wrote: lol. so u going for the 23rd interview??

hello excuse me !
you don't need to tell the whole world i'm siao can !!!
*ROARS !****

and, good in what ? in entertaining u si bo ! :x
Haha! I love siao char bors! Cos I'm one of them =x

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:54 pm

pork12 wrote: :oops: Really stupid of me to make that mistake. Haha! But then again, you must be good! You are the one who did a lot of homework, including memorising the history of SIA? You inspired me. Haha! Was already doing some homework, but your getting through inspired to do MORE homework! :) To tell the truth, I'm not sure if I can stand being rejected time after time either. :?
Nahs, its not stupid. =)
Actually, it was iemuy who motivated me. I told her my story of being rejected by another airline before thus I don't really want to try anymore. But she told me no harm going ma...So since I actually got 2 weeks before my interview last month, I was wondering " why not make full use of it ? ". And so, I went to ask friends who are flying with SQ, friend's gfs who are in SQ already for more tips of what to expect. But I don't know if they are trying to be mean or what, but all they told me was " Just be yourself ". I know I got to be myself, I just wanted to know roughly what to expect.... :?

So I started reading thru the pages of this thread, previous forumers posted some helpful tips here as well.

But I guess really, its all about how determined you want to get this job, as mentioned, they do not need perfect answers but just answers that is logical and how you put it.

Everyone is bound to be nervous. ( who doesnt ) We just got to show them that this is a very important interview by making the effort to read up news on their webs, grooming up for the interview and yes, behave yourself in STC or in Sheraton. We never know who we will meet there isn't it ? :D

Good luck ! Who knows, I may just see you in STC soon !
:D :D
Flutterby Flutterby

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:55 pm

pork12 wrote:
iemuy wrote:

I can't. I'm still seeing a derma for my acne :(
How serious is your condition? I am still seeing my dermatologist too. I have 2 small pimples on the left of my face but it can be concealed. I am still going for the 23rd Nov walk-in.

When my sister's friend went for the briefing, she saw some of the girls with pimples on their face. They still got through the 2nd round (skin check and kebaya). So..I believe they look at your overall ? :?

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:58 pm

pork - issit very bad ? are you able to conceal it ?
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:59 pm

wisdom&courage wrote: How serious is your condition? I am still seeing my dermatologist too. I have 2 small pimples on the left of my face but it can be concealed. I am still going for the 23rd Nov walk-in.

When my sister's friend went for the briefing, she saw some of the girls with pimples on their face. They still got through the 2nd round (skin check and kebaya). So..I believe they look at your overall ? :?
I am still recovering from my previous acne outbreaks. and I have quite a lot of red scars from all previous outbreaks. I honestly think I have a long way to go before I can hit the bare minimum criteria for skin check. Plus I believe I'm on the heavier side (163cm/60kg)........ :(

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:01 pm

hello sherrielynn!
Do you know of any brand selling stick concealer in green? I can't find it, only managed to find those in liquid form (uv base)

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:03 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:hello sherrielynn!
Do you know of any brand selling stick concealer in green? I can't find it, only managed to find those in liquid form (uv base)
hmm if i'm not wrong, Bobbi brown sells corrector cream. I used to use them but they arent in green. No worries !
I'm going out with mama later to J8, I can help you keep a look out and will inform you ltr when i get back alrites ?? =)

pork - no worries ! ur bmi is 22.6.. still in the normal range !!!
Last edited by sherrielynn on Fri, 14 Nov 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flutterby Flutterby