Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:00 am

MARlia V. wrote:Would LOVE to try out tis cming interview. The thing is, i only obtained 4 credits in 'O' level but retaking the two subjects that i have failed this year. Another problem is, i have burnt mark on my wrist which cannot, i believe, be removed by any form of cream. Help!! Any opinions?? :???:
hmm....education requirements shld be negotiable as long as ure undertaking it right now...u can jus let them noe ure graduatin....

but erm...im sori to disapppoint....even if ure drop dead gorgeous, similar to this other girl i saw during the july interview, she eventually got booted out cos of her burnt scar on her wrist... :-|

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:06 am

Ixora wrote:Hi ntyj :wave: ,

just to ask, how long will everything take from the first interview thru till the medical check-up? I did hear differently from my frens, saying that it varys . With considerations to the few tests that one has to get thru, u did mention all tests together should take abt 4/5 days? what abt the waiting time in between those days?

I presume that the whole process will take abt 2mths max? Pls correct me if i am wrong.

love to hear frm u , Ix
erm...from wad i have read thru this forum and frens who attended on sat (i attended on sun 12pm)....
the earlier u go for the interview, the earlier is ur swim date...

as for me...im like the last grp almost the last girl....
hence...my first 3 rds of interview was on the 2nd july, swim rd on the 17th..mgmt on the 18th, and medical on the 20th. I only got a confirmed
call from them on the 3rd aug...so..abt a mth??

as for those early birds on 1st july....some got their swim rd on 5th and 6th...followed by mgmt rd like ard 10th?? ..den medical is at ur own time...thereafter how long later SIA will take to call u is up to them...

to sum it.....
the earlier u go for the interview....the sooner u will get to start ur training...shld u complete all interviews smoothly. =)

gd luck!!

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:08 am

Carin wrote:Hi peeps,

Im a newbie to this forum.... Jus wanna check out... how should the attire be for the interview. Cos I heard from those friends of mine who went for the interview, their attire varies... And how much make-up needed?

What are they looking for in the first interview?

Hope to hear from you guys!! Thanks!!
'

girl!
if ure interested...pls read up the past threads to find out more. or even look up the internet abt wad shld be appropriate to wear for interview...

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:40 pm

:D
Last edited by toygirl on Thu, 24 Aug 2006 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Hello.

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:45 pm

Hi guys i want to go for the auditions for flight steward on 27 august and really keen on it but i only have a N Level cert. plz advise. will they ask me to leave. thanks. but my height is 181 cm

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:48 pm

:shock:
Last edited by toygirl on Thu, 24 Aug 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 2:27 pm

toygirl wrote:already 458 pages and still the same questions. sigh! - like what to wear, what to do - gosh, you wanna be SIA crew? go to your office pantry, make coffee, sit down and read! :mad:
have to agree with you on this.. :lol:
some people just dont want to read maybe?
minimum qualifications are stated on the website whenever a recruitment is open. And in order for one to get shortlisted, you have to meet these MIN requirements. the requirements change over time and generally they want candidates with an o level or higher.
"City of Ang3Ls"

EddieJB

Post by EddieJB » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 2:50 pm

babymoon21 wrote:Anyone here from Malaysia got the invitation to the recruitment campaign which is going to happen in KL? :roll:
Hi,babymoon21, im new here, frm malaysia as well....So, u mean u got the invitation to the sia interview... I send in my apply on monday, but haven get any noticed yet...I wonder,izit means i fail for the apply...
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

MARlia V.

Post by MARlia V. » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:37 pm

ntyj wrote:
MARlia V. wrote:Would LOVE to try out tis cming interview. The thing is, i only obtained 4 credits in 'O' level but retaking the two subjects that i have failed this year. Another problem is, i have burnt mark on my wrist which cannot, i believe, be removed by any form of cream. Help!! Any opinions?? :???:
hmm....education requirements shld be negotiable as long as ure undertaking it right now...u can jus let them noe ure graduatin....

but erm...im sori to disapppoint....even if ure drop dead gorgeous, similar to this other girl i saw during the july interview, she eventually got booted out cos of her burnt scar on her wrist... :-|
Bummer!!! Argh! :???: But i will still try though. Anyone wants to gather before the interview? Im planning to go earlier. :lol:

gliny
Regular
Regular

Post by gliny » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:38 pm

if users here are SO KEEN in joining SQ. I think the most appropriate thing to do is not to ask questions over and over again. All these questions what you have posted can be found in our SIA cabin crew forum that has 400 over pages and counting. Keen personnels can and try to take the first step and initiative into joining SQ by:
1) Read the past post with patience.
2) Read the past post again!

I have personally read almost 3/4 of this forum before i went for my interview. And i've got more then enough infomations and prepare myself well. If you can't even bother to read the past post? What makes you think you're worthy of being an FA? You need the sense of extra personal touch. You can't even accomplished simple things, y bother to join? Certain bad reviews on SQ are because of pple of this character. And you may be one of them. Think abt it.

--------------------------------------------------------
God gives those who truly deserves it. And thank god he gave it to me.

milky

Post by milky » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 4:40 pm

Yawnz.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: HMMMMM

Post by blancD » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 6:02 pm

sujoiedevivre wrote:
blancD wrote:
sujoiedevivre wrote:
Olooo. i just get in up to 2nd round..but seem not sure how it goes after dat...i dnt knw the result yet..whether they accepting me or not??
if you got in to the nextround, you would be given a paper and asked to come back the next day
hmmm :? :roll: :wink: :D to BAD maybe i dnt get in..itz ok then...btw thanz a lot for your info...maybe i'll try again..or maybe not at all cause i'll be heading to take up Diploma...btw u got into the next round izit so Good Luck!! Congratz~ :)
no i didnt get in, but i read the previous posts... hehe.. anyways i'm still awaiting to get in, wish u lucks ya in your next round!
"City of Ang3Ls"

SQGuy

Post by SQGuy » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:38 pm

Last edited by SQGuy on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sujoiedevivre

Re: HMMMMM

Post by sujoiedevivre » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:58 pm

blancD wrote:
sujoiedevivre wrote:
blancD wrote: if you got in to the nextround, you would be given a paper and asked to come back the next day
hmmm :? :roll: :wink: :D to BAD maybe i dnt get in..itz ok then...btw thanz a lot for your info...maybe i'll try again..or maybe not at all cause i'll be heading to take up Diploma...btw u got into the next round izit so Good Luck!! Congratz~ :)
no i didnt get in, but i read the previous posts... hehe.. anyways i'm still awaiting to get in, wish u lucks ya in your next round!
ic.. :shock: but i'm kind of wait frm it too...tell me if u get any news from your frenz or any 1 k!!..i'm looking forward over it`...do keep in touch k!!

komi
Regular
Regular

Post by komi » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:01 pm

is SIA very strict on the height requirement? if falls slightly below will they accept on ocassions?