Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:43 pm

snoozy_86 wrote:Yes! I can do it~ I believe in myself. Haha. Even i don't get in there is still the next time. :)
Yeah that's the spirit!!

There is a fact that sucess comes after your fourth attempt..But don't just attempt lazily..Put in your best effort and soon you're on your way to becoming what you wanna be! :cool: :cool:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:46 pm

SHazni,you're a cabin crew is it?
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:56 pm

Shreked wrote:SHazni,you're a cabin crew is it?

No,but I have friends who are..I am currently doing my studies and I want to be a Steward one day..I have 2 friends who are Stewardesses and another which is a Steward.

Are you a cabin crew?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:03 pm

Hehe..Not yet! Heading for it!i have stewardess friends too. None of them were from SIA. One of them is fromn QR and the other one from EK. They are my motivators. =)
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:11 pm

I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:28 pm

What did you searh under YouTube to get these videos??

By the way,which airline are you aiming for?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:40 pm

under 'Singapore Airlines'.
Im aiming for SIA,Emirates,Qatar,Etihad Airways or Jet*Asia. Any airlines as long as Ive got the job that i always wanted to do. =)
And I want to work 'in the air' for my whole life. =)
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:05 am

Are you male or female?

Once you're pregnant you can't fly that much..Too much commitment to family.

I want to 'Fly In The Air' for my whole life too..I am really keen in this career.

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: hmmmm

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 2:55 am

grivoise wrote:Next weekend should be the third recruitment exercise in 2006 that SIA's held. Is it because of the new fleet of aircraft that they've just purchased?

So... could anyone here give us a hint as to when the next recruitment might be? Perhaps October, judging from the previous ones?

^_^
there were interviews on feb, den april, followed by july...and now aug....
hmm..next shld be end oct or early nov bah???

not only new fleet.....but....short of manpower due to high turnover rate... :-|
Last edited by ntyj on Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 2:56 am

blancD wrote:
ntyj wrote:Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grivoise wrote:
The applicants who are rejected this time will not be allowed to apply for at least a year, am I right?

no such thing. it is just that consequently applying for 3 times in a row and not accepting/rejecting, you might be blacklisted

Sorry if there is any mistake in this posting as this is my first time here. I am very keen in join SIA. I had tried twice before. One in Feb and the other in July. For the first I got kick out during the one to one interview and the second during the water confidence test. As BlancD mention above that you will be blacklisted if tried thrice in a row. I wanted to go for the interview next week. If I dun get in this time, does it means that I will be blacklisted and would not be able to participate in the recruitment exercise again.

Thanks for the reply. It is much

Hi snoozy86,
i don think u will be blacklisted...my frd tried more than 3 times before getting in...it somehow....depends on luck?

its like...2 years back i was booted out even before any interview cos my height is 157? the lady jus ask me to go home............ =(

but....i tried again for the recent july intake...my height is still 157..and now im in!!

rgds
jie jie grew 1cm in 2 years bah :D
i didnt grow upwards....maybe sideways bah. hehe

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:06 am

flyinghigh wrote:
snoozy_86 wrote:Thanks a lot ntyj.

Dear blizz1209,

For the first time i think is because of lack of preparation. The interviewer did ask about current news about SIA. For the water confidence test i think i failed because of my complexion. Got a breakout days before the round.

I am kind of worried about the interview next week. There is still a few visible pimples on my face. Does it means that if you have pimples or imperfect skin you are close to 100% being not selected? Is the complexion so important?
hi snnozy.... i think SIA is looking for someone with a general knowledge of whats happening around. Thats becos in future u will be travelling around and being knowing whats happening globally is impt and to their image also.

Don't worry, do read up on the history for SIA, recent events, etc, i'm sure you can make it. However, if u can't ans their qns, let them know that you will go back and find out.

As for ur complexion? erm, i dunno how to advice but do slp well and have lots of rest. Don't stress.... Good luck to u! :)
If SIA is really looking for brains...den i would have failed....there was a passage to be read during the one to one interview...the passage talks abt LAssie, u noe..the Celebrity Dog???? and cos i was pretty tensed up..i gave her a stupid ans when she asked me if i know who's that...haha. shant tell u openly here. i think im a bimbo. :P

and if SIA is really looking for gd complexion, den i think i would have failed the swim rd too. i had one of the worst complexions that day with acnes on my forehead and cracked lips. And some pretty girls with gd complexion actually got booted out..........
so yah..i think it depends on luck and the way u present urself bah? :oops:

however, all in all, i agree with flyinghigh. i think for those who wish to get this job, shld have the initiative to equip themselves with whats happening in SIA...the latest news etc, or even current affairs.
need no intenseive preparation, jus know a little of everything is gd enough. =)

as for how impt complexion is...that im not sure....but maybe as long as u dont have those deep scars or real crooked teeth etc, i don think ul be "100% no chance"?

hope this helps!
Last edited by ntyj on Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:15 am

snoozy_86 wrote:Yes! I can do it~ I believe in myself. Haha. Even i don't get in there is still the next time. :)
yeah u go gurl!

go with no expectations...do it naturally and sincerely....not like despardos k?

Make ur first interview a success by not memorising ur speech or speaking fast etc...
but speaks from within ur heart, slowly, confidently, nd not be long as well... something different from wad they have been hearing everytime...

during the grp interview there will be like 10 girls.....can u imagine if ure the interviewer?
lets say they hear the Ist to the 7th girl speaking the same stuffs in the same manner...they will be very bored by den and probably they will be looking down the table and seem not interested in the rest anymore..
Unless a girl who speaks differently, confidently, interestingly suddenly liven up their attention?
Gd luck!
remember...anything too much or too little is bad!

ask me if anything..would love to help! :)

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:14 am

Hi all!I'm aspiring to be an SIA stewardess and am gonna try out for their interview dis coming Sunday.However,as you guys are more experienced,I'd like to find out how the whole interview goes?I would like to be more better prepared to face the interviewer(s).
Thanks so much for all ur help!:)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:10 am

desijoey wrote:Hi all!I'm aspiring to be an SIA stewardess and am gonna try out for their interview dis coming Sunday.However,as you guys are more experienced,I'd like to find out how the whole interview goes?I would like to be more better prepared to face the interviewer(s).
Thanks so much for all ur help!:)
not trying to be mean but please read the previous post from pg 300 :o
"City of Ang3Ls"

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:11 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:You know what they say...First impression plays a big part in everything.. :)

But to me it's the inside of you that counts..
its not what youthink but what the interviewer thinks that counts lolx
"City of Ang3Ls"