Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:47 pm

Dear snoozy_86,

U mentioned that u got rejected 4 the 1st time (1 to 1 interview) & 2nd time (water confidence).

Mind sharing on what basis they eliminated u? do they explain 2 u?

Omg,is it very very difficult 2 get in SIA? It's just extremely scary.

Any1 in this forum willing 2 share experiences?

Thanks very much.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 4:58 pm

I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 6:24 pm

Hey I have that video too..Anyway thanks for posting the url because I lost that video.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

snoozy_86

Post by snoozy_86 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 8:40 pm

Thanks a lot ntyj.

Dear blizz1209,

For the first time i think is because of lack of preparation. The interviewer did ask about current news about SIA. For the water confidence test i think i failed because of my complexion. Got a breakout days before the round.

I am kind of worried about the interview next week. There is still a few visible pimples on my face. Does it means that if you have pimples or imperfect skin you are close to 100% being not selected? Is the complexion so important?

flyinghigh

Post by flyinghigh » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 8:55 pm

snoozy_86 wrote:Thanks a lot ntyj.

Dear blizz1209,

For the first time i think is because of lack of preparation. The interviewer did ask about current news about SIA. For the water confidence test i think i failed because of my complexion. Got a breakout days before the round.

I am kind of worried about the interview next week. There is still a few visible pimples on my face. Does it means that if you have pimples or imperfect skin you are close to 100% being not selected? Is the complexion so important?
hi snnozy.... i think SIA is looking for someone with a general knowledge of whats happening around. Thats becos in future u will be travelling around and being knowing whats happening globally is impt and to their image also.

Don't worry, do read up on the history for SIA, recent events, etc, i'm sure you can make it. However, if u can't ans their qns, let them know that you will go back and find out.

As for ur complexion? erm, i dunno how to advice but do slp well and have lots of rest. Don't stress.... Good luck to u! :)

snoozy_86

Post by snoozy_86 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 8:59 pm

Dear flyinghigh

Thanks a lot. I really hope i can make it this time.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 9:47 pm

Snoozy do you really have a lot of pimples??

Drink 8 glasses of plain water everyday and I am sure your complexion will be better..And don't forget to wash your face regularly too..I did this and it worked..My face is perfect now.. :D :D Sleep is important too..Lack of sleep means you will get tired very often and it will also affect your image - From a alert looking person to a zombie.. :D :D Hope this helps..
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snoozy_86

Post by snoozy_86 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 9:51 pm

Dear sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi

Thank you so much for your advice. I am so touched. :) :wink:

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hmmmm

Post by blancD » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 9:53 pm

grivoise wrote:Next weekend should be the third recruitment exercise in 2006 that SIA's held. Is it because of the new fleet of aircraft that they've just purchased?

So... could anyone here give us a hint as to when the next recruitment might be? Perhaps October, judging from the previous ones?

^_^
delivery of the new fleet or aircrafts have been postponed and they've not commenced training of the new aircraft with the current cabin crews yet. Oh well... anything can be the reason for the regular recruitment exercise? :o
this is certainly good news for cabin crew wannabes :D
Last edited by blancD on Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"City of Ang3Ls"

flyinghigh

Post by flyinghigh » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:00 pm

snoozy_86 wrote:Dear flyinghigh

Thanks a lot. I really hope i can make it this time.

hi snoozy.... give u an advice.

I will tell u don't hope to make it. What i wanna say is, go with confidence. with confidence u already win half the battle the rest is on the spot peformance. Be cool and steady. They want to see u being confident too!

Go with a positive thinking. I'm sure u can. See you on board! :)

San-shinez

Post by San-shinez » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:01 pm

Hi Snoozy.....

U have a parnter here.... :wink: im having my outbreaks on my face too...! n some scar pigmentations tat are still on my face...ahhh...Though cosmetics can kinda cover but it definitely dun look that smooth....haiz! I've looked through the trend here n the previous very precious comments seems to suggest tat complexion is important but definitely not the most, so hopefully we will present our best and most confident self tat day!!

Hi to all gals gg to the interview this cmg Sat/ Sun again, :D just wanna get to know some of you here first! Cos im gg for the first time, and really very nervous and excited abt it.....I guess im facing some irreversible problem (age) comparing to all of you but Im not going to let tat bring me down!! So to all those gg for this round, we shall put up our best performance ya! :wink: :wink:

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:12 pm

San-shinez wrote:Hi Snoozy.....

U have a parnter here.... :wink: im having my outbreaks on my face too...! n some scar pigmentations tat are still on my face...ahhh...Though cosmetics can kinda cover but it definitely dun look that smooth....haiz! I've looked through the trend here n the previous very precious comments seems to suggest tat complexion is important but definitely not the most, so hopefully we will present our best and most confident self tat day!!

Hi to all gals gg to the interview this cmg Sat/ Sun again, :D just wanna get to know some of you here first! Cos im gg for the first time, and really very nervous and excited abt it.....I guess im facing some irreversible problem (age) comparing to all of you but Im not going to let tat bring me down!! So to all those gg for this round, we shall put up our best performance ya! :wink: :wink:
hmm.. well complextion is most important to girls, i think what they're looking for is not so much on acne/breakouts but emphasis will be placed scars that will not be healed; during their interview round, they will have a skin check for girls ey? however it is important to cover up and try and look perfect. all the best!
"City of Ang3Ls"

San-shinez

Post by San-shinez » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:22 pm

Oh gosh.....then I will have to hope for the best then!! :?

Thanks BlancD anyway!! :wink:

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:28 pm

You know what they say...First impression plays a big part in everything.. :)

But to me it's the inside of you that counts..
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snoozy_86

Post by snoozy_86 » Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:30 pm

Yes! I can do it~ I believe in myself. Haha. Even i don't get in there is still the next time. :)