Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 6:02 pm

summerchic wrote:
princessbelle wrote:
summerchic wrote: I'm goin this Wed too. :) Wot would you think you'd be wearing on that day? Is your swimsuit a one-piece, tankini etc?

PM me if you'd like to exchange numbers.
hi! the thing is i only have bikini but i dun wanna wear bikini to the water test. probably i gotta buy a tankini or something. probably i will be wearing semi-formal or smart formal. i think it's still better to wear formal to interviews. gd luck!! =)

Same here! All I have are bikinis, but I'm planning to get a tankini. :wink: Wot time do you have to report there on Wed, btw?

8.45am! =)

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:26 pm

Anyone here has any idea how many girls and guys went for the interview last saturday and how many of them were selected for the next interview on wednesday ?

BannEd

Re: SIA

Post by BannEd » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:30 pm

jozo wrote:Anyone here has any idea how many girls and guys went for the interview last saturday and how many of them were selected for the next interview on wednesday ?
i oso wish i can have the answer. hehe...i got invited but i didnt attend it.
wish to know more bout it...

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 1:15 am

jozo wrote:Anyone here has any idea how many girls and guys went for the interview last saturday and how many of them were selected for the next interview on wednesday ?
Hi Jozo,
I tink there were 4-5 different timing for the interviews and per timing had abt 30-40gals i tink?
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: All the Best !

Post by Paige » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 1:17 am

Rosey wrote:
princessbelle wrote:gng to my kebaya fitting this coming wed... dont wanna put too much hope too... later i will be very disappointed if i nv get it... i just pray that everything will go on smoothly... :)
Hey Princessbelle ,
Dun worry . Juz give it your best shot okay . Smile smile .
Btw , I saw U on Saturday . I was wif Paige . Hee !! Think U can make it so try your best okay .
Keep us updated ya .
Cheers ,
Rosey
Yup Princessbelle,
We say you.. well.. wish u all the best for ur kebaya round..
Good luck..

lein

Post by lein » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 7:58 am

enjoy the dip, for all those going to the 2nd round of interview on wed :) good luckie to all!

silvercat

Re: for Paige

Post by silvercat » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 9:47 am

Paige wrote:
soar wrote:Gal,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?.
Hi Soar,
I was so happy to receive the invitation by SQ last monday... went for the 8.40am interview this morning... BUT... my group, only abt 4 gals got in i tink? Didn't really count, coz was hopping them to call my name? hehehe Well, those who gt kicked out was a ger, same age as me, a ger older then me etc... Those shortlisted were those younger gals <24, where us, 24> were all rejected. I juz dun understand that since they dun wana take in older gers, then y did they still shortlist us and give us hope? But well.. nvm... guess i had to try 1 last time...
Cheers!
Hi Paige,
I think as long as you are below 30, you wld stand a chance. For me, I will be joining SIA soon and my recruitment exercise was in Oct. In my batch, there are lotsa ppl. I met someone that is 27 and 28 too. So maybe its just bcos you ran out of luck. Some of these girls tried more than once to get thru though. This is your first trial rite? Try again next time ya. And this time, you will be more prepared and know what to expect. Dun give up that easily.
And to all the rest of the ppl who got thru, congrats! You are one step closer to achieving your dreams. Best of luck to u all!!
Last edited by silvercat on Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 9:54 am

thanks paige! dun give up ur dreams ya? continue to work towards it! =)

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 1:18 pm

For those who have been to the 2nd interview,

from what height must you jump into the pool ? Only backstroke is allowed or any other strokes so long as you can get to the other end of the pool ?

ABuZZ

Post by ABuZZ » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 1:37 pm

jozo wrote:For those who have been to the 2nd interview,

from what height must you jump into the pool ? Only backstroke is allowed or any other strokes so long as you can get to the other end of the pool ?
2 metres ++ if i'm not wrong... ya.. only backstroke is allowed.

silvercat

Post by silvercat » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 1:40 pm

jozo wrote:For those who have been to the 2nd interview,

U will be jumping from maybe a 2m plane and the pool is 3m deep. You will be provided lifevest. The best way (and the instruction given) to swim across will be backstroke kicks.

summer28

Mgt Interview

Post by summer28 » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 5:04 pm

I went for the mgt interview today..but i failed to proceed further...haiz..feeling disappointed with myself..but I will brace up for the next recruitment exercise. :)

those who went today, maybe you can update me! I hope the next recruitment comes soon.... :D

All the best to the rest who are trying! never give up!!!

ABuZZ

Re: Mgt Interview

Post by ABuZZ » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 6:16 pm

summer28 wrote:I went for the mgt interview today..but i failed to proceed further...haiz..feeling disappointed with myself..but I will brace up for the next recruitment exercise. :)

those who went today, maybe you can update me! I hope the next recruitment comes soon.... :D

All the best to the rest who are trying! never give up!!!

Hi Summer28,

May I know what questions were asked during your interview?
and how many girls managed to get through for the tea party?

My final interview is coming soon and im kinda nervous...
Last edited by ABuZZ on Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 7:41 pm

summer28, how many girls went in today? i cant really swim well lei. i am afraid i cant swim for e water test. hmmm.... do they check our teeth?

summer28

Re: Mgt Interview

Post by summer28 » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 8:02 pm

Hi Summer28,

May I know what questions were asked during your interview?
and how many girls managed to get through for the tea party?

My final interview is coming soon and im kinda nervous...[/quote]

they ask about your academic background, family, working experience, why do you want to become FA...I am not sure how many got thru the mgt interview cuz those who didn't pass will leave immediately after the interview..they do not announce the results in a group this time round..u will know right after your 10-15 mins interview.

Summer