Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cheerful

Post by Cheerful » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 8:40 pm

Nopee. All they mentioned was the time and date of interview. No details about what will happen that day..

Cheerful

Post by Cheerful » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 9:11 pm

The email subject was "Flight Stewardess" and it's hard to miss. Just dun delete your mails too quickly.. Scroll down and make sure you dun treat it as a junk mail. You'll need to email back to a certain email add to confirm your attendance.

Good luck everybody!
:D

Ark

Congrat for the ladies

Post by Ark » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 9:37 pm

hmm i'm not that sure but wat i heard from my fr was for ladies (stewardess) can go for walk in interview anytime... cos they r recruiting stewardess always... but for guys sorri....
as for realli when to get notification? i'm also not sure, mi waiting anxiously..... but from the info for guys for sure the amt of ppl applying is less than ladies....
onli thing to b glad is if we get shortlisted.. we have one less test than ladies (kebaya) right?

natee

Interview

Post by natee » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:11 pm

Did anyone sent in a covering letter for the application? I didnt sent mine in but fill up the interview form and my 3 photos. Will they accept it? :(

Post by Guest » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:31 pm

hmm now the big question is...wat is the appropriate dresscode? Is it formal as in full blazer suit? cos very scare i overdress on tat day :oops:

Great1

SIA Flight Steward Interview

Post by Great1 » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:13 pm

Hi, to all those who have received the SIA email...do you all have experience in customer service or knowledge in foreign language ? As I have very little/limited experience in customer service and know no foreign language, I am afraid that I may not be shortlisted.

natee

Post by natee » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:15 pm

Anonymous wrote:hmm now the big question is...wat is the appropriate dresscode? Is it formal as in full blazer suit? cos very scare i overdress on tat day :oops:
Are you a guy? are you being shortlisted already?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:30 pm

Anonymous wrote:hmm now the big question is...wat is the appropriate dresscode? Is it formal as in full blazer suit? cos very scare i overdress on tat day :oops:
I be more scare cos i cant speek nuttin but sms

Post by Guest » Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:53 pm

natee wrote: Are you a guy? are you being shortlisted already?
nope im a gal

Leto

Post by Leto » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 2:29 am

for the one asking abt the dress code for guys...

just wear a nice shirt and tie.. make sure u are nicely groomed on that day and everything's neat and pressed.. shoes polished.. etc..

have a good haircut and make sure ur fingernails are trimmed.

be mindful of ur body language/facial expressions and ur oratorical command of english, intonations and pronounciation.

be nice to everyone that u meet and be humble.

and btw.. we have a lot of malaysian crew (and indonesian girls too who are recruited on local terms) who works in singapore airlines.. and they are nice bunch of crew and pleasant to work with. itz never a matter of competition getting into the job. if u dont fit the bill, u just wont get in even if u are the only applicant on that day. so the foreign crew are not the ones that will take u away from ur prospective employment, have a good check on urself if u dont make it thru.

best of luck to those concerned.

AngeL

Leto

Post by AngeL » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 9:50 am

hai leto, im an indonesian girl and very interested being one of the SIA Flight attendant, i just wanna know if they really concern bout the requirement that require the applicants must be a full degree ( Bachelor degree)?..coz i havent finished yet my bachelor, just diploma one.

plz. and thank you

AngeL

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:04 am

Considering they are email-inviting so many potential applicants during each recruitment exercise, those who have not recevied an invitation despite some whom have should still remain positive!

I am still hopeful about it!

Leto

Post by Leto » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:08 am

hi angel..

i'm not really that sure abt the requirements in Indonesia.. but i'm pretty sure that if they mentioned a minimum of a basic degree, it should mean just that..

what was the criteria mentioned in the recruitment ad?

AngeL

Leto

Post by AngeL » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:37 am

Hai Leto,
Thz for your reply. So is dat mean i dont have any chance to be interviewed? :(

The SIA offered a 5 year employment contract and the requirements for indonesian applicants are :
* Age 25 years or below
* Minimum height 158 cm
* University graduate ( Full Degree /S1)
* High Level of English proficiency
* Good Health and vision ( use of contact lens is acceptable).

the only main problem for me is i havent finished my S1, i just really hope that they will give me a chance to be interviewed . :? . so what do you think?

thz ..
AngeL.

g3m

Hoping for the best

Post by g3m » Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:48 am

Hey! Congrats to those who have received SIA notifications! I am still waiting eagerly for it...Really hope that I can receive the email too!

Do anyone of you know the email address of the HR department of SIA?

Is it [email protected] ?

Do correct me if I am wrong. I urgently need to email them.

Please help me with the email address.

Lotsa thankss!