Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cranberriess

Re: Requirements

Post by cranberriess » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:17 pm

that's what i heard too. maybe that's why so many ladies in my group manage to get throught the second day interview, even thpugh we not that fantastic.
lein wrote:
kristen wrote:Dear All

what are the requirements now??im sure they are some changes..besides, they are always changing their standard requirements..
well i heard they really really neeed a lot of crew...so maybe they are lowering their expectations? not too sure of that. but thats what i heard from the management people during our 2nd day of interview.
:)

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:51 am

so who has passed the kebaya & water test already & gng to the tea party & management interview?

kristen
Regular
Regular

Post by kristen » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:58 am

Dear All..

I am 17 yrs old..currently i am schooling in the institute of technical education..i am doing my nitec in service skills..i am studying super hard to get into higher nitec and then go onto to poly to get a decent diploma..and wit gods blessings i can try my luck to be an air stewardess..i seriously regretted the wrong path i chose..i was laid back in secondary school..i was in the normal accademic stream..sat for my Ns..scored 11 points..got the option to repeat my 4ns but chose otherwise..so now that i am in ite, i am going to make full use of this opportunity and work hard..you guys are my inspriration..so all the best..dont give up hope..ohhh yes, i cant swim either..hahaa..i've enrolled myself in this community cntr swimming club..=)

all the best people..

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 1:43 pm

princessbelle wrote:so who has passed the kebaya & water test already & gng to the tea party & management interview?
i am going for the interview next week. though not conifdent. :(

summer28

Management Interview

Post by summer28 » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 2:15 pm

Oh Cranberries....

ur top mgt interview is next week? We were told by the staff that our management interview may take place a month later...and I thought that is probably becuz they need some time to process the 2nd batch of applicants for this recruitment exercise...

Do share with us how the management interview goes? whether is it a tea reception or the rumoured 2-1 interview...Thanks...and all the best!

Summer

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 3:06 pm

the hr person group some of the girls who are not working and arrange us for he interview with the mgt in the shortest time possible. this group of us can start training immediately. as the previous batch of girls will start training in nov, and there are empty places, if we pass the interview, we will fill up those places.

its the interview with management, then if you pass, tea party.

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 5:04 pm

cranberries, do update us on ur mgmt interview ya? gd luck to u!!

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 5:29 pm

hi all,

i'm just curious. no one taunted by the height prob this time round?
anyway, gd luck to all who are going for the mgmt int and tea party!

lein

Post by lein » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:54 pm

Ms G wrote:hi all,

i'm just curious. no one taunted by the height prob this time round?
anyway, gd luck to all who are going for the mgmt int and tea party!
well i know some of my gals were like 0.5 cm shorter than the required height during the measurement taking w the kebaya fitting round. haha...so they were trying to take measurements again and again to make sure they hit 158cm. :) so i guess they still need u to be 158 min!...

ABuZZ

Re: Requirements

Post by ABuZZ » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:20 pm

lein wrote:
kristen wrote:Dear All

what are the requirements now??im sure they are some changes..besides, they are always changing their standard requirements..
well i heard they really really neeed a lot of crew...so maybe they are lowering their expectations? not too sure of that. but thats what i heard from the management people during our 2nd day of interview.
:)
So did they tell you the number of cabin crews they intend to recruit?

miss lala

Nov interview

Post by miss lala » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 9:47 am

Hi again! Anyone who was sort of in the same boat as me (application not received) or missed the 24 sept application deadline, and has re-sent their application for the November interview session?

Kept trying to send mine thro' but the mailbox is always full! *exasperated*

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:57 am

i sent my application on 23rd sep but i am not sure if they got received my application... didnt receive any reply too

chloechay

New recruitement for Malaysian Flight Stewardess

Post by chloechay » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 1:11 pm

Anyone summitted for 22-Oct one? If there are, have you received any reply from them yet? I'm very afraid that I'm not selected because I wasn't good in the pic (never photogenic) and stand better chance if they allow walk-in. :-|

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Re: New recruitement for Malaysian Flight Stewardess

Post by zoergal » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 1:24 pm

chloechay wrote:Anyone summitted for 22-Oct one? If there are, have you received any reply from them yet? I'm very afraid that I'm not selected because I wasn't good in the pic (never photogenic) and stand better chance if they allow walk-in. :-|

hi chloechay,

the 22-oct is for malaysian only..if u r malaysian then i think better chance of gettin in this time round as it will be less competitive without the singaoreans ..so i guess higher chance of gettin in...so dun worry..believe in urself that u can make it...good luck!!!

angela

Post by angela » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 2:56 pm

Hi everyone...

I wonder if its still possible for me to submit my application now cos i just got to come across the current advertised recruitment....sob sob...

Anyone can provide me the HR department's contact number? I hope to call for permission to submit my application....PLEASE anyone? :cry: