Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:43 pm

diversify wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
diversify wrote: nope, he was in grp 3 if you scrolled through the earlier posts.. :)
and i still have no idea who mr diversify is...
the one who suddenly got nervous and did quite short introduction in the end! lol...
hmm. what's your name? which speaker were you? i only remember the two gabriels, bernard, my cousin, glenn, the other malay guy, the st regis guy and billy. =\

diversify

Post by diversify » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:49 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
diversify wrote:
hafiz_ wrote: and i still have no idea who mr diversify is...
the one who suddenly got nervous and did quite a short introduction in the end! lol...
hmm. what's your name? which speaker were you? i only remember the two gabriels, bernard, my cousin, glenn, the other malay guy, the st regis guy and billy. =\
I guess I'm the 'other malay guy'? Ahahaha.. Who's the st regis guy? And is your cousin one of the 3 who got selected?

Was quite surprised when the first two guys talked a bit on customer svc and them deriving satisfaction from it - wanted to talk along that line too.. But because it'd sound the same, I decided to change my introduction and totally screwed it up.. hahahaha.. Serves me right..

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:52 pm

diversify, the st regis guy was the one who brought up the derivation of his name. gary and carrot. yeah my cousin, who sat after me, got in. they actually forgot to mention the name of the last guy after the first round that he got in. when i was leaving i saw him going back and he told me there was a screw up. so that makes 4 from our group...

diversify

Post by diversify » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:00 pm

hafiz_ wrote:diversify, the st regis guy was the one who brought up the derivation of his name. gary and carrot. yeah my cousin, who sat after me, got in. they actually forgot to mention the name of the last guy after the first round that he got in. when i was leaving i saw him going back and he told me there was a screw up. so that makes 4 from our group...
oh wow.. but it was good experience for me, since it's my first interview ever since i graduated.. but i have to say, most of the guys in our group were quite impressive, though i thought quite a few emphasized on their customer svc skills.. nevertheless, i thought they spoke well..

shenoes
Regular
Regular

Post by shenoes » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:03 pm

helo, anyone in grp 29? heehee.. btw, i happened to take a peep at one of the paper which state the ppl who pass the management round. I saw some remarks as KIV. I tink they still considering those ppl bah.. and there will be a next recruitment in 2-3 mths time :)
-shenoes-

estelle19

Post by estelle19 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:08 pm

mintia wrote:Just got home after spending 7 hours at Sheraton... and failing the management round yet Again! :cry:

I really don't know what I did wrong - well if it's not them then it must be me...

Today's turn out was crazy - arrived at 9am and was group 35! By the time I was waiting for the 1-1 interview @ 2pm, it wa group 80! Think today's walk-in was like 1200ppl... and I wonder how many will make it through to the end.

In my 1st round, 6 out of 10 made it, then 3 of us passed kebaya and 1-1 interview... finally only 1 out of my group made it pass management round. Good for her - ex Emirates crew too.

*sigh* Maybe it's time to give up...who fails management round twice?!! Think only me lor. *sniff*
Hey mintia! I think the Emirates crew was the only one who passed the management round. My friend made it to management round but got booted out and she told me her group only one got in and that was an ex-Emirates crew.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:10 pm

shenoes wrote:helo, anyone in grp 29? heehee.. btw, i happened to take a peep at one of the paper which state the ppl who pass the management round. I saw some remarks as KIV. I tink they still considering those ppl bah.. and there will be a next recruitment in 2-3 mths time :)
HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!?!
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

disaster

Post by disaster » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:13 pm

Hey everyone,

Don't be dishearted. If you can't get in today. There's always a next interview, if not maybe you all would like to try other airlines? You never try, you'll never know. All of us are still young to gain knowledges & experiences. Though SIA offers the highest pay compared to the other airlines, but other airlines do offer reasonable pay which is more then office and retail line can give. Personally for me, I'm taking note of other airlines interview dates and gonna give it a hit. Cause different airlines have different views & expactions. You'll never know you'll be able to fit into one of the family. Basically my reasons for wanting to be a cabin crew is not only for the pay but it's because I've been in a retail line as a part timer for 3 years and I would like to try a higher end of customer services and learn the different cultures of it. I love to interact with people and i'm not those who can just guled myself to a chair for the whole day. Anyway, nice meeting you girls who we have went for the interview together. And sorry for being late :P

Yours Sincerely
Michelle :D

estelle19

Post by estelle19 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:17 pm

Mushroom wrote:
yuanz wrote:
Mushroom wrote:Hi all,
Btw does anyone know what are the ladies doing when they get our application and key into the laptop? Are they also checking our background like how many times we tried? Rejected their sister brand airlines offer thus blacklisted?
lol they're just keying the applications into the system prob to prevent those under ban or blacklisted ones from trying out w/n the ban period. they'd have records of how many times u tried yup but it doesnt affect ur chances of being selected.=)) today's passing rate is really low eh. jiayou ppl try again!! az dont be discouraged! if this is really ur passion then try again! alot depends on luck and esp now there's recession it'll definitely be harder since they'd be stricter in their selection, but i believe its subjective and depends on different interviewers as well. dont give up and believe in yourself! try again!
Hey Yuan,
Thanks for replying.
But does the records show a list of people who rejected Silkair or Tiger air contract? I really dun want to waste my time if there is a ban or i'm blacklisted cos i'll never get in.
Hey Mushroom. My friend just told me that she had an ex SilkAir crew that was in her group. She quit in July and went for walk in in Aug got into 4th round and was put on pending list, till now got no answer. So she tried again today, and didn't even made it through first round. Not sure my intention of telling you, but just wanna inform you. :)

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:17 pm

hihi everyone! for my group 7 out of 10 got through!. i'm in group 36. i guess they want girls that can speak well look decent and interesting girls =)
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:18 pm

disaster wrote:Hey everyone,

Don't be dishearted. If you can't get in today. There's always a next interview, if not maybe you all would like to try other airlines? You never try, you'll never know. All of us are still young to gain knowledges & experiences. Though SIA offers the highest pay compared to the other airlines, but other airlines do offer reasonable pay which is more then office and retail line can give. Personally for me, I'm taking note of other airlines interview dates and gonna give it a hit. Cause different airlines have different views & expactions. You'll never know you'll be able to fit into one of the family. Basically my reasons for wanting to be a cabin crew is not only for the pay but it's because I've been in a retail line as a part timer for 3 years and I would like to try a higher end of customer services and learn the different cultures of it. I love to interact with people and i'm not those who can just guled myself to a chair for the whole day. Anyway, nice meeting you girls who we have went for the interview together. And sorry for being late :P

Yours Sincerely
which airline do you suggest?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:20 pm

rachelhoe wrote:hihi everyone! for my group 7 out of 10 got through!. i'm in group 36. i guess they want girls that can speak well look decent and interesting girls =)
How's your go?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sunshinesummer

Post by sunshinesummer » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:21 pm

green top n LV bag is me. why why why? =p

estelle19

Post by estelle19 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:23 pm

I had 2 friends who went, one made it to 2nd round (only 4 out of 10 from the first round and out of the 4, 1 made it to management round.).
The other one made it to management round but got booted out. She told me they asked the same sort of questions throughout the 4 rounds, she answered the same for all rounds but not sure why she couldn't pass the management round. Now she's got a ban and is really sad.

disaster

Post by disaster » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:24 pm

ReiszRie wrote:
disaster wrote:Hey everyone,

Yours Sincerely
which airline do you suggest?
Read up other airline careers post and look out for any interview coming up. Basically I'm being invited to British Airway interview on the 2nd December after sending my resume last week. The least airline I would try will be jet star? Their basic is about 900$ but allowance and commission will be given. My friend got into jet star and she told me their interview is relaxing and fun.