Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
JSidh

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by JSidh » Tue, 31 Dec 2019 8:09 pm

Hi everyone!

I am new here. I've also been invited for the 2nd round on 11th Jan 2020 at 10.30 a.m. Anyone here is a female, above 30?

wiltangy

Post by wiltangy » Tue, 31 Dec 2019 8:34 pm

ZackyT wrote:
Tue, 31 Dec 2019 7:48 pm
Hi guys, I just got notified for 2nd interview on 11 jan (11.30am). Just wondering how Long will the 2nd interview take?

I have seen some mentioning that 2nd interview is debate and skin check. How will the debate be like? I have never done a debate, kinda worried and scared.
It might not be a debate doe can also be introducing the person they paired u with? I heard still got the management round too. :???:

unicornfluff

Post by unicornfluff » Wed, 01 Jan 2020 3:47 pm

ZackyT wrote:
Hi guys, I just got notified for 2nd interview on 11 jan (11.30am). Just wondering how Long will the 2nd interview take?

I have seen some mentioning that 2nd interview is debate and skin check. How will the debate be like? I have never done a debate, kinda worried and scared.
There’ll be debate round, management round and skin check :) might take half day cause there’ll be lunch break too

legalpie

Post by legalpie » Thu, 02 Jan 2020 12:25 am

Anyone got invited for 4th January second round interview at KL? Wanna exchange contact to work this together. I’m a guy btw

aljhhh

Post by aljhhh » Thu, 02 Jan 2020 12:42 pm

ZackyT wrote:

Hey! The second interview consists of

- Debate
- Skin Check
- Final Management Round

The debate round usually has 6 people, split into 3 - 3 by the interviewer, then he/she would present to you a topic, assign you whether your group is against or for the topic. You would be given 3 mins to discuss, then each person has to state a point. The main point here is to speak calmly, portray yourself confidently and make eye contact constantly with the candidates and the interviewer!

Hope this helps you, and good luck for your interview! I'm going back on 11 Jan as well for my first review :)

haikaldan747

Post by haikaldan747 » Thu, 02 Jan 2020 2:09 pm

Jovin wrote:
Mon, 23 Dec 2019 4:50 pm
haikaldan747 wrote:Hey, i wanna ask cause i’ve pass the round 2 interview on 23rd nov. and went for the medical review. Just waiting for the results. Is the waiting time for the medical results will be long As im also currently serving the national service and will be ord in 1.5 months time (feb 2020)
Hi Haikal,

I believe when you passed your round 2 interview at STC, the HR lady will ask you for your notice peroid(?). As some of the candidates have other jobs so they require some notice period before starting with SIA. The medical results will be out to SIA and SIA will email within 1 month of your medical check (at least that was what was told to me during my HR talk). Cheers! Once your medical clear, they will slot you into a batch and you’ll receive another email to go down to sign your contract. If the start date with SIA is before tour ORD. You can let them know about your ORD date and I believe they will adjust accordingly for you. By the way, congrats on ORD :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello jovin!

Ahhh i see i see cause actually they did ask me when i can start. And i told them that i can only start after 19 Feb(notice period 3 months) and Mary told me that i’ll get to know my results abit later ( 1 month or later) cause of my NS. And its kinda nerve-wrecking though it’s been 1 month and 1 week and no updates😅. Hoping for the best hehehe. Btw thanks Jovin and all the best to you!!:))

ctsq0505

Post by ctsq0505 » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 8:05 am

Hello, anyone care to share what happens on the first day of training and what to expect or prepare? Thank you! :-)

Jovin

Post by Jovin » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 9:12 am

haikaldan747 wrote:
Jovin wrote:
Mon, 23 Dec 2019 4:50 pm
haikaldan747 wrote:Hey, i wanna ask cause i’ve pass the round 2 interview on 23rd nov. and went for the medical review. Just waiting for the results. Is the waiting time for the medical results will be long As im also currently serving the national service and will be ord in 1.5 months time (feb 2020)
Hi Haikal,

I believe when you passed your round 2 interview at STC, the HR lady will ask you for your notice peroid(?). As some of the candidates have other jobs so they require some notice period before starting with SIA. The medical results will be out to SIA and SIA will email within 1 month of your medical check (at least that was what was told to me during my HR talk). Cheers! Once your medical clear, they will slot you into a batch and you’ll receive another email to go down to sign your contract. If the start date with SIA is before tour ORD. You can let them know about your ORD date and I believe they will adjust accordingly for you. By the way, congrats on ORD :D

Hello jovin!

Ahhh i see i see cause actually they did ask me when i can start. And i told them that i can only start after 19 Feb(notice period 3 months) and Mary told me that i’ll get to know my results abit later ( 1 month or later) cause of my NS. And its kinda nerve-wrecking though it’s been 1 month and 1 week and no updatesImage. Hoping for the best hehehe. Btw thanks Jovin and all the best to you!!:))

Hey, you’re welcome! No worries! When they give a period of 1 month, it usually will take longer than that. Speaking from experience. Haha, but it’s okay, you’ll receive the email from them soon! Enjoy your NS days while it last. Haha

Sydneyss

Post by Sydneyss » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 5:01 pm

Hello does anybody know when their next recruitment cycle is?

Lavonche

Post by Lavonche » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 8:45 pm

Helloooo. I'm new here and it's my first time applying ><

I submitted my video interview on 24th (dateline 27th) and was wondering if anyone within similar period has heard from them?

I'm ok with waiting, I'm actually very patient haha but I'm just stressed out because of my insecurities.

Anyone know if they will accept people with canine teeth a little protruding?? My other teeth look fine, but my 2 canine teeth makes me very worried 😭

Also thank u to everyone on this forum, reading through many of your posts has been very very helpful. Cheers to u all! 😍😍

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 10:46 pm

Do you howl as well? Are you prone to biting peoples ankles?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wiltangy

Post by wiltangy » Sat, 04 Jan 2020 1:01 am

Lavonche wrote:
Fri, 03 Jan 2020 8:45 pm
Helloooo. I'm new here and it's my first time applying ><

I submitted my video interview on 24th (dateline 27th) and was wondering if anyone within similar period has heard from them?

I'm ok with waiting, I'm actually very patient haha but I'm just stressed out because of my insecurities.

Anyone know if they will accept people with canine teeth a little protruding?? My other teeth look fine, but my 2 canine teeth makes me very worried 😭

Also thank u to everyone on this forum, reading through many of your posts has been very very helpful. Cheers to u all! 😍😍
Hello,

I have literally close to zero confidence in passing the video interview but somehow did it. Took them 2.5weeks to get back (mine was mid december cut off date) . Just hang on for awhile more!

hellohehe

Post by hellohehe » Sat, 04 Jan 2020 11:56 pm

im so happy to hear that you passed the video interview! can anyone share any tips on their video interview and im waiting for their next intake.. which i dont know when will it be haha!

wiltangy

Post by wiltangy » Sun, 05 Jan 2020 12:10 am

hellohehe wrote:
Sat, 04 Jan 2020 11:56 pm
im so happy to hear that you passed the video interview! can anyone share any tips on their video interview and im waiting for their next intake.. which i dont know when will it be haha!
Hello,

Just look through the sample questions that hirevue will provide and then practice speaking to the camera. Honestly, I was freaking nervous and I think I stuttered a little. My answers were quite short too. (only used up less than 30 seconds per question) I did not wear formal but was dressed smartly. Wore only a Polo T tucked into my jeans. Remember to smile too when you answer and last but not least got a question where they require you to type out a mini essay (less than 200 words) iirc.

Good Luck!

Lavonche

Post by Lavonche » Sun, 05 Jan 2020 6:04 am

Thanks wiltangy!! I think the essay was 250 words! Just hoping my teeth looks acceptable 😭