Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 9:44 pm

jaywii wrote:
Unsure2013 wrote:Heya. does any1 knw of any female cabin crew below 158cm? Probably 155-157cm? hw did they manage to pass the height test?
hi, i believe as long as you can reach the "lines" they ask you to reach for, you should be able to pass. there will be a height test after you get pass the 1st round.
When I was at the interview previously, there was a girl who was 1.57m. Just short of 1cm, she got booted out and they don't even ask you to reach the lines. Of course, you can try your luck (which I think plays a HUGE part in the interview processes).

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 10:06 am

Unsure2013 wrote:Heya. does any1 knw of any female cabin crew below 158cm? Probably 155-157cm? hw did they manage to pass the height test?
to be frank, none that i heard of at all. i believe they are very strict for height requirement, its not so much for aesthetics but more for airline safety requirements.

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 10:27 am

hmm but i have a friend who's really short but managed to get into an airline leh. not really sure how though. :/ i believe it's to be able to reach for the emergency door incase of emergency? hahaha or the lamest reason which is to help the passenger place their luggages at the overhead compartment. but does 1 cm really matter if you can reach it?

cause i saw that they would measure your height if they find that you are a little too short and then see if you could reach the lines for SIA's interview. the rest i'm not really sure.
the sky is the limit. (:

acherryx

Post by acherryx » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:09 am

jaywii wrote:hmm but i have a friend who's really short but managed to get into an airline leh. not really sure how though. :/ i believe it's to be able to reach for the emergency door incase of emergency? hahaha or the lamest reason which is to help the passenger place their luggages at the overhead compartment. but does 1 cm really matter if you can reach it?

cause i saw that they would measure your height if they find that you are a little too short and then see if you could reach the lines for SIA's interview. the rest i'm not really sure.
> If you look short, they will take your height. If you are under 158, they won't even let you try touching the line based on my experience. My height is 159 and I had to take height measurement, listed as 158.5 and asked to try touching the line.

princessylala

Post by princessylala » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 2:56 pm

Agreed. First they measure your height. If you are below their requirements, they wont even tell u to try reaching the red tape.

fivedavids

Post by fivedavids » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 8:02 pm

crimsonj wrote:
osmmy wrote:Hey guys! I finally received the golden call today at 4.30pm! :)
Congratulations future colleague! I just received mine too :)
congrats!! im thinking to go for the selection soon, may i know if there are any pointers to note? really appreciate it!! thanks

pinping

Post by pinping » Fri, 05 Jul 2013 4:24 pm

Anyone starting training 24 sept ?

Redcolour

Post by Redcolour » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 1:22 pm

Would it be better to wear heels or just in comfortable flats? And why did the checkers mark their heights lower than what they really are? :)

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 5:22 pm

Redcolour wrote:Would it be better to wear heels or just in comfortable flats? And why did the checkers mark their heights lower than what they really are? :)
i think it's better to wear what you're comfortable with. haha
the sky is the limit. (:

chubbycat

kiv

Post by chubbycat » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:42 pm

hihi all,
is there anyone who knows when they would call you back after you are put on KIV? i had gone for the 1st june interview and was told to gain 3kg and put on kiv list... but this coming saturday is the next interview and they have not contacted me yet :(

anyone who have gone for kiv able to advise please? thanks!

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:51 am

chubbycat,did u call and checked with them?by the way,whats ur height and weight that they need u to gain 3kg more?

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Re: kiv

Post by jaywii » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:54 am

chubbycat wrote:hihi all,
is there anyone who knows when they would call you back after you are put on KIV? i had gone for the 1st june interview and was told to gain 3kg and put on kiv list... but this coming saturday is the next interview and they have not contacted me yet :(

anyone who have gone for kiv able to advise please? thanks!
hey chubbycat, what's your BMI?
try emailing them or calling them if you have their contact?
the sky is the limit. (:

bunnypooo

Post by bunnypooo » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 3:45 pm

hi chubbycat!

I was from 1st June interview batch as well and was put on KIV. Today, I received a call (from Mary? I dunno) and she said that I was put on the KIV for August interview instead... so she asked me to come down in August instead and not the July batch! :(

Hope you get your call soon!

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 4:32 pm

bunnypooo wrote:hi chubbycat!

I was from 1st June interview batch as well and was put on KIV. Today, I received a call (from Mary? I dunno) and she said that I was put on the KIV for August interview instead... so she asked me to come down in August instead and not the July batch! :(

Hope you get your call soon!
hey babe! haha think on the bright side! at least you don't have to go through the whole process again! :D

so lucky leh! hahaha
the sky is the limit. (:

bunnypooo

Post by bunnypooo » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 5:58 pm

@jaywii thanks babe!!! yeah but im quite worried too, coz you'd never know how it goesssss like really like if they not happy then just say ok you are rejected without any reason one!

hopefully nowadays its easier to get in coz its singaporeans only.
personally i think the hardest round is at stc, management round, 6 interviewees to 2 interviewers coz u dont know what they're looking for at all! its really toughhhh. i went to that round 5 times and only on 2nd june i got thru, but stuck at kebaya round!