Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 4:01 pm

nita_ash wrote:oh shit, does anyone know how to get to sheraton hotel?
Oh no, you are going to apply for a job where you have to think for yourself and you don't know how to get to the Sheraton.

Who stays in hotels - simple answer? How do they get there- simple answer?
How do they know this if they have never been in the country before? Now, there is a simple solution and you don't even have to move from your computer - wanna think about it? :o
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kristen
Regular
Regular

lol

Post by kristen » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 4:45 pm

hahah interesting forum..i know this sounds dumb..but heck...for stewardess with long hair..are they allowed to free it or bun it up? cuz i saw the advertisement in the classified..one is with short hair..n the other has long hair n isnt tied up...n yes,if we dyed our hair..must we blackened it up..or we r still allowed to keep it the way it has oways been.thanks

kristen
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by kristen » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 5:36 pm

any idea when exactly will the next interview be held next year?

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 6:07 pm

as far as i am concern,for sq girl we need to tie up our hair and make into a bun which will be taught during training and we must blacken our hair instead of blonde or something brownish though it's not visible..

nita_ash

thank you

Post by nita_ash » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 8:02 pm

thank you plavt for tht really helpful reply.I actually found out how to go there now. amazing isnt it? :lol:

Jayce

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by Jayce » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:20 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Hi, I'm a retired SIA flight attendant. My principal routes were through German speaking nations. My favourite places though were Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York. Let me tell you about SIA. It's full of beautiful women, they are hardworking, intelligent, and multi-lingual. SIA is fortunate to have such well-trained staffs. I enjoyed my time with the airline and made numerous friends throughout the world.

The food on board is amazing and quality is second to none. But i must assure you, i never encountered any monkey business on board. The decorum among passangers was what you might have expected and very proper.
Hi Elizabeth,

You said something about being multi-lingual. What kind of languages are more often used? Are they like very fluent? What about yourself? Care to share more with respect to that?

Jayce

Jayce

politics?

Post by Jayce » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:28 pm

claudine wrote:I went for the SIA recruitment last Nov, and passed the first 2 rounds. I would think they were looking for pleasant looking girls who can present themselves and talk well.

After the 2nd interview, the guy who interviewed me said they wanted girls who are cheerful, positive and willing to work hard. But he warned me that I may fail the 3rd round, which is the kebaya test becoz he thought I was too small-sized. (I am 24yrs old, 1.6m, 43kg)

AND.... true enough, I failed the kebaya test!!!! Actually I understand why, the bigger sized girls looked really curvarous in the kebaya, but I looked really skinny and straight. In the end, all the big girls got in and the smaller girls got kicked out. And seriously, the girls who got in were not really beauties, including me.

So, one word of advice, please put on weight before you go for the interview. And make sure you can speak proper english, not singlish. But the politics is really really bad, so..... may not be a good job after all.
"But the politics is really really bad, so..... may not be a good job after all."

Can anyone highlight me on that? How are things (politics) over there?

forzeof1

Post by forzeof1 » Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:39 pm

indcisive wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted to know, lets say if you've gotten pass Sunday's interview when will the water confi test be? a weeks time? im frm malaysia so wanted to knw how many times i should expect to go down sg if i make it through. (cross fingers)

thanks..
Hi Indcisive

If u manage to pass the Sunday's round, most probably the 3rd round will be the following weekday...

Rgds

cabbage_girl

superpinkystar's post

Post by cabbage_girl » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:31 am

guess i wld have to agree to superpinky star.
i got through to the 1-2-1 interview during my 1st 2 tries but got kicked out at the kebaya testing during my last try, back in oct. to make things worse, the lady who failed me last mth was the same lady who passed me during my try in aug! can u believe it? i really dunno what went wrong.
Also, dont know what went wrong during my 1-2-1 interview.

really wonder if i should try again on sun?????

cabbage_girl

Msg to Antispy

Post by cabbage_girl » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:36 am

Hi Antispy, understand from the previous posts that you are one of the interviewer. frankly speaking, care to share what exactly SIA is looking for? I've failed twice at the 1-2-1 interview and I really dont know what I did wrong. The previous interview was a SUPER long one and I was asked many questions. Ranging from what do I tink bout SIA to a given scenario to test my reactions.

The interviewer even went on to ask what would I do, should I fail the interview. Gosh, that was disappointing to hear. :p

Hope you can provide more tips.

Thanks.

cowie

Post by cowie » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:08 am

hi cabbage_girl..
i dun think when the interviewer asked wat would u do if u fail..

because my interviewers for the management interview asked me that too.. as if asked me how would i see myself few yrs later (if i got in) & after this qn asked mi what would i do if i failed the interview..

hi indcisive..
e water confidence test would be quite soon if u pass sunday's 3 roumds..
i went for oct walk in.. sun 3 rounds den e followin wed is the water confidence already.. early in e mornin..

hi Elizabeth..
if there any chance after e medical SIA don't call ppl at all..??
usually how long after e medical will they call..?? 2 wks..??

Rikkie

Post by Rikkie » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:26 am

So whatever it is - tomorrow's the interview! Confident with humbleness, go out there and present yourself. Brain is a must. Beauty is a plus!

If you're below the required height, there's always next interview to go to. At the meantime, prepare yourself by jumping alot (eg. playing basketball), put on weight (for skinny ones) and read more Straits Times.

Until then, this coming Sunday - some will go home with sad faces :( and some will remain cheerful :D (for the rest of their career with SIA)

cabbage_girl

Post by cabbage_girl » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 2:02 pm

[quote="cowie"]hi cabbage_girl..
i dun think when the interviewer asked wat would u do if u fail..

because my interviewers for the management interview asked me that too.. as if asked me how would i see myself few yrs later (if i got in) & after this qn asked mi what would i do if i failed the interview..

Hello cowie,

apparently, the interviewer did ask me this qn, which really caught me offguarded.
seriously, dunno wat else i can do to pass the interview.

anyway, for all those who are going tomorrow.
do remember to bring in ur best smile.

when trying for the kebaya, make sure you look for the size that fits you the most. even if its a bit loose or tight, pls cont looking for one that fits u perfectly, if not almost perfect, yah?

all the best. ;)

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Msg to Antispy

Post by Plavt » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 2:06 pm

cabbage_girl wrote:Hi Antispy, understand from the previous posts that you are one of the interviewer. frankly speaking, care to share what exactly SIA is looking for? I've failed twice at the 1-2-1 interview and I really dont know what I did wrong. The previous interview was a SUPER long one and I was asked many questions. Ranging from what do I tink bout SIA to a given scenario to test my reactions.

The interviewer even went on to ask what would I do, should I fail the interview. Gosh, that was disappointing to hear. :p

Hope you can provide more tips.

Thanks.
#-o As I have said elsewhere take no notice of anit_spy999, like ryanstarr (who incidently was a flight attendant) said "have you ever seen an interviewer write like that?"

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by Plavt » Sat, 11 Nov 2006 2:24 pm

Jayce wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:Hi, I'm a retired SIA flight attendant. My principal routes were through German speaking nations. My favourite places though were Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York. Let me tell you about SIA. It's full of beautiful women, they are hardworking, intelligent, and multi-lingual. SIA is fortunate to have such well-trained staffs. I enjoyed my time with the airline and made numerous friends throughout the world.

The food on board is amazing and quality is second to none. But i must assure you, i never encountered any monkey business on board. The decorum among passangers was what you might have expected and very proper.
Hi Elizabeth,

You said something about being multi-lingual. What kind of languages are more often used? Are they like very fluent? What about yourself? Care to share more with respect to that?

Jayce
Welcome to the board Jayce, the post by Elizabeth is very old and pops up every so long like a bad smell spouting off exactly the same words. Personally I wouldn't take too much notice since it's written like an airline advertisement. The last time I saw that post was over a year ago! :o :???: