Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pixiedreams111

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by pixiedreams111 » Wed, 29 Jun 2022 6:39 pm

Hello! ^^ Anyone here went for the medical check up on the 11th of May and still awaiting for their golden call? 🥺

ryryo

Post by ryryo » Fri, 08 Jul 2022 11:35 am

Hihi anyone knows how long will we receive the online interview after online application? Have just applied on 6 July 2022. And will they send the online interview to everyone who applied? Thanks :D

bcsz

Post by bcsz » Mon, 25 Jul 2022 6:10 pm

xxlunathinksxx wrote:
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 5:00 pm
Barbiex wrote:
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:36 am
xxlunathinksxx wrote:
Mon, 20 Jun 2022 11:52 am

1. Blood test
2. Chest x-ray
3. Eyesight + Colour Blind test
4. Blood pressure and physical check
What sort of physical check?
The doctor will check your stomach area and breast for any lumps, knock on your joints to see if you have any pain, and check for flat feet. If you are found to have mild scoliosis, you will need to carry a barrel of water as well to see if you are able to carry heavy objects or experience any pain.
May I know if they also carried out weight and height check for BMI?

Acquisure

Post by Acquisure » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 4:06 pm

Weight and height will be checked during interview process already

Sandwichking

Post by Sandwichking » Wed, 03 Aug 2022 10:52 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone attended the 19 June 2022 SIA final interview and have not gotten their golden calls yet? I put one month notice and I have yet to receive a call or a rejection letter from SIA HR.

Izzez

Post by Izzez » Tue, 09 Aug 2022 2:58 am

Hi! Anyone can advice me?

I went for the Singapore walk in interview and was asked to go for the final interview last Sat (06/08). I passed my final interview and went to the grooming stage but was told I had to come back for a review as I had a pimple due to my allergies (eczema) on my wrist area as I was trying out a new product few days before. The pimple has already subsided and I submitted the link for the review the following day (07/08). May I know how long will it take to get called for the review as I’m hoping to start a new career with SIA asap.

Jssseee

Post by Jssseee » Mon, 15 Aug 2022 9:12 pm

Hi everyone!

May I know when will I get the golden call?

I did my medical check-up on 27th May 2022 and still have not gotten any calls or email yet.

Previously I wrote my notice period on my application is 1 month but I wrote 2 weeks notice period on the actual interview date. Now I can go anytime/immediately.

Any suggestions? 🥹

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Aug 2022 10:34 pm

How would anybody on this board know? Nobody here is part of the hiring process. For all anybody here knows you might not receive a call at all.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

NOTdubious

Post by NOTdubious » Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:19 am

Im writing here because this forum helped me a lot during my application for cabin crew and I am here to pay the kindness forward.

Timeline
14/6 - applied SIA website
23/6 - video interview, due 25/6
25/7 - invite for round 2 interview @ MBS
30/7- Round 2 interview @ MBS
11/8 - medical
16/8 - golden call + start date 26/9

Some key notes/advice:
1. While waiting for the invite for round 2 interview, I chanced upon the ad for walk-in interview at MBS early July and that gave me information for which documents/application forms to prepare and additional time to prepare for my outfit/practice make up skills. So, even if you haven't gotten the invite, just start prepping early for the physical interview. Go for facial, lash extensions, manicure, shopping for formal/interview wear.
2. I was going through a break up in July and it affected my appetite and I lost some weight. If you are a girl, maybe have a diet plan or something going closer to the date cos weight is something that they will measure. I am not sure what is the requirement but losing some kgs may increase your chances, just a suggestion. If you are already slim enough, you can ignore this pointer.
3. Please dress for the job you want. I went for the walk-in interview and saw some applicants took walk-in literally and they look like they just walk-in from shopping at Orchard- jeans, sandals, crop top, revealing belly etc, t-shirt. I wore a high neck dress with a cardigan and slip on heels, with make up and a pony tail. I carried a tote bag big enough to contain the certificates so don't have to keep holding on your hand when you are shuffling between waiting rooms during the interview.
4. During the physical interview, there are applicants of all ages. Generally for the girls early 20s to late 20s, same for guys. There was probably a thousand over people who showed up, my interview day was 9.45 am to 5.30 pm. Some people had to come back another day. My invite stated for me a 10.15 am slot, and asked me to come 15-20 minutes earlier for registration. I reached 9.45 am, had to queue to enter the waiting room to get a seat. After sitting, I waited 1.5 hours for the first stage - height check and reach. Make sure you are 1.58 m for ladies, 1.65 for males. I practiced tip toeing and reaching against my wall for days prior to the interview. No harm just practicing at home. I saw a girl got rejected in front of me, she couldn't touch the line on the wall. The lady said "I am sorry, you do not meet the height requirement".

After height reach, you can submit your application form, get a number and wait.
While waiting, just mingle with other applicants or just busy yourself with your phone or overthinking.
I proceeded to round 2, after waiting 2 hours mindlessly.
Debate- 6 in a group, 3 in each side.
Question: Which is better, private hire or taxi companies?

We were given some time to discuss before being asked to stand, state our name, state the point and then sit back down.

CLEARLY they are not interested in your answer/point because this question has nothing related to cabin crew life.
But I am guessing they are looking at how you work as a team, interact with your team, your stature, your projection of voice, clarity and pronunciation etc. So just speak clearly, calm down and speak proper english. When working as a team, listen to your team mates and offer some suggestions, do not dominate the discussion.
While we were each talking, the two invigilators were furiously jotting down notes and making circles. Not sure what they were writing.

Then we were led outside, a guy will call your number and it means you pass to the next round. If your number is not called, you can apply for the interview again. Brutal but that is how it is.

After that, we were led to another waiting room to proceed for final interview- interview about your job history etc. Waited 2-3 hours. LOL at this point, I haven't eaten and I requested for lunch and informed the lady and went for lunch with a newly made friend. She recorded down our number and asked us to come back in 45 minutes. We walked to food court and ate nasi padang then went back. It was quite a distance. I bought slippers to change out into cos walking in heels will be painful. My newly made friend was struggling with walking in her heels. I changed back to heels when I went back to the interview room.

I waited another 30-40 minutes and I was called for final interview.
Here, just be honest with your intentions, your past job history and whether you see yourself working here in the long run. From their perspective, they want to hire. They need people. But they need people who will stay rather than stay a little while and then they have to rehire again. Plus, the company invested in training you, so they want to hire someone who is sure of this job.
They are experienced hirers, whose job is to be proficient in profiling people, so they can see through your lies/bs so just be honest.
And if this job is not for you, you are saving yourself from wasting time in a job that is not for you.
It's a win win.
I won't share what I said during this part because this is really based on individual background.
Just some guiding questions for your reflection, why do you want this job, are you ready for the hardships, sacrifices that comes with this job? Do you know what you are signing up for? What is your 5 years plan?

After that, I waited outside for 5-10 minutes but at this point, coming so far, it felt like eternity.
I was called for kebaya and skin check. Ladies and guys have separate rooms.
For ladies, enter, put down bag, the lady there will assign you a top and skirt that may suit you then go changing room to change. They are particular that you do not take selfie with phone. There are two mirrors for you to check yourself but that's about it. Have a rubber band cos you will be required to bun up your hair cos they will want to check your back.

After changing, take bag, enter the checking room. There, they measure height and weight. I am not sure what is the requirement...but as long as you look good in kebaya maybe. I am 1.62m, 50 kg.
You wear their sandals. Walk to ring light to check your skin and teeth. Then walk under the normal light for the lady to check your forearms, back and knees down. Checking for tattoo, scars, eczema etc.
I can't help you here...then after that, walk back to main room and change back and wait to be called.

I got called with another girl and the lady led us to the last room for document check- photocopy ic, passport, educational cert, trace together sheet etc.
There were some information about the basic pay, need to attend medical stage, surety and witness for contract signing.
After the interview, I was asked to fill another employment form and submit within the week.
My medical was 8.30 am 11/8.
Honestly, the wait between interview and medical felt so long.

Medical- there were forms to state, not to tender until medical is cleared. Background check for ladies includes how many mc you take for migraines/period cramps. I guess SIA received a lot of period/migraines mc LOL.
1. Physical check- flat foot, blood pressure, breast examination, spine bend down.
I was asked to test blood pressure again cos too high and needed additional x-ray for $219 that I paid myself. LOL if I don't pay, can't pass this stage. If I fail, I threw away $219 just like that LOL but no choice la needed to pay for that X-ray.
My blood pressure was high cos I was nervous. I had to take additional 3 readings with 10-15 minutes wait in between. The first reading was over the limit, the next two were under. Thankfully. I do think it is cos I was nervous so just try to keep calm yea? I couldn't remain calm when I saw the machine LOL cos I took it 4 times that day.
2. x ray + additional xray where I had to turn here turn there and do weird poses LOL I don't know what they were checking honestly. At this point, I was convinced my back CMI and i confirm fail.
3. Height and weight and BMI, eye sight check, additional blood pressure. They will ask if wearing contacts. I did lasik so my eyesight is 6/6 hahahaha. I recommend lasik.
4. Urine sample
5. Draw blood. Not pain but I can't stomach seeing blood and needles so I just turned away. The lady asked me to start squeezing the ball then she started to poke to draw the blood. Then it was done and she put a cotton puff and plastered it down and I was asked to hold it for 10 minutes.

Submit the medical file to front desk and then go back home. It took me 3 hours but cos I took additional blood pressure reading and xray. Maybe 1.5-2 hours for normal medical.

Just wait lor, at this point of waiting I was sure my medical CMI cos of my spine/back cos I had extra xray and then my blood pressure didnt manage to get 3 x good reading.

Then 16/8 (5 days) after medical, I got the call that said my medical is cleared and asked for my starting date. She offered me 20/9 and 26/9 I took the later date.
That day, I tendered, my work requires 1 month notice. My supervisor shocked la. LOL then I could share the news with my close friends and family. It was hard keeping quiet the whole job application process and I am so thankful I passed.

This has been my journey and I hope by sharing, I will be able to help someone on their journey. Remember, everyone's journey is different.

All the best and good luck!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Aug 2022 5:46 pm

Excellent recap. I do hope all goes well for you. And thank you for the blow by blow description. I am sure this will allay some fears and possibly create a few but excellent write up. Thank you.

moderator.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Izzez

Post by Izzez » Thu, 15 Sep 2022 1:08 am

Anyone got a reply from SIA HR who went for their medical on 01/09/22? Or a date nearby?

Just anxious haha

SQsqsq

Post by SQsqsq » Fri, 16 Sep 2022 8:13 am

I have 25 degrees scoliosis but no pain and no symptoms.I can lift 20kg load with my both hands. is it still hard to get medical clearance from SQ?

Antonio1

Post by Antonio1 » Tue, 27 Sep 2022 7:29 pm

This forum helped me out, hope my contribution is helpful to someone else out there!

30th july walk in interview
4th august medical
27th September called up to start on the 10th of October.

Wishingtopass

Post by Wishingtopass » Tue, 04 Oct 2022 1:40 am

Hello! Anyone who went and passed the final interview on 22 May in KL still hasn’t gotten any news since? Been 4 months sigh 😔

Wishingtopass

Post by Wishingtopass » Tue, 04 Oct 2022 1:42 am

Hello! Anybody who passed the final interview in KL on 22 May 22’ hasn’t gotten any news till now? Been waiting for 4 months T^T