Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by weixian0705 » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 5:10 pm

Lolento wrote:Hi,

Anyone can help me? i went for SIA interview for 5 times already. each time i failed at the 1st round, 1 min self-introduction then i was kicked out already. What was my problem. what they see in me for 1 min? anyone has an idea?
First impression, proper attire, ur body posture, Smile more, and answer precisely with clear pronunciation, don't drag ur answers long.

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 6:38 pm

weixian0705 wrote:

Anyone can help me? i went for SIA interview for 5 times already. each time i failed at the 1st round, 1 min self-introduction then i was kicked out already. What was my problem. what they see in me for 1 min? anyone has an idea?
First impression, proper attire, ur body posture, Smile more, and answer precisely with clear pronunciation, don't drag ur answers long.
All u need is luck

Lolento

Post by Lolento » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:26 pm

weixian0705 wrote:

Thanks!

Lolento

Post by Lolento » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:27 pm

chillnutz wrote:
weixian0705 wrote:

All u need is luck
Ya, true also

Lollipoppy

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by Lollipoppy » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 2:57 pm

Did any Malaysian who successfully passed the 29th September interviews got call/text yet? My Singaporean friends who passed together with me already got their respective call/text. I’m a Malaysian and still no news for me yet:( What does that mean? Is there any problem?

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by weixian0705 » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 3:34 pm

Lollipoppy wrote:Did any Malaysian who successfully passed the 29th September interviews got call/text yet? My Singaporean friends who passed together with me already got their respective call/text. I’m a Malaysian and still no news for me yet:( What does that mean? Is there any problem?
Have u got medical results yet? If yes, then u will have to wait for several weeks for the work pass to be approved by MOM of SG. Malaysian has to wait longer.

Lollipoppy

Post by Lollipoppy » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 3:37 pm

Nope. I did not receive anything since my medical on 2nd Oct. No email no nothing, just afraid :(

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Post by weixian0705 » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 4:28 pm

Lollipoppy wrote:Nope. I did not receive anything since my medical on 2nd Oct. No email no nothing, just afraid :(
U will receive soon or later don't worry. :)

Lollipoppy

Post by Lollipoppy » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 6:25 pm

It’s already been almost 3weeks. And u didn’t receive anything, may I know around how long is the waiting time for a malaysian after medical?

Melanielee9115

Post by Melanielee9115 » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 7:05 pm

Lollipoppy wrote:It’s already been almost 3weeks. And u didn’t receive anything, may I know around how long is the waiting time for a malaysian after medical?
Im a malaysian myself,
Interview on 11/8
Medical 13/8

Only received an email saying that i cleared medical on 5/10 and asked for pdf documents for employment pass application. Thats two months. So u gotta be patient and wait :)

aspringCC

Post by aspringCC » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:03 pm

i'm acquaintances with one of the interviewers for first round. be careful of how you carry yourself the minute you enter the room, they'll be observing you already. your answer doesn't actually matter, they're just using your answering time to look at you from head to toe. it's all very superficial but this industry is as such so ~

just smile a lot, conceal all scars, dress well and proper, don't slouch and if you've bad teeth go fix it

Poiuy

Post by Poiuy » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 3:21 am

Anyone going this sat?

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 8:35 am

Hi guys, i got the employment confirmation email from SIA, asking me to email them the completed DOC excel form + attach the scans of my/my surety's ic. I emailed addressed to mary since the employment email is under hers, is it correct that i addressed them to her? Or should i have addressed to the cabin crew recruit email instead?

Mingmingy

Post by Mingmingy » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 8:56 am

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i got the employment confirmation email from SIA, asking me to email them the completed DOC excel form + attach the scans of my/my surety's ic. I emailed addressed to mary since the employment email is under hers, is it correct that i addressed them to her? Or should i have addressed to the cabin crew recruit email instead?
Congrats! If I were you, I would email to recruiting department and cc to Mary.

ShawnSsi

Post by ShawnSsi » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:17 am

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i got the employment confirmation email from SIA, asking me to email them the completed DOC excel form + attach the scans of my/my surety's ic. I emailed addressed to mary since the employment email is under hers, is it correct that i addressed them to her? Or should i have addressed to the cabin crew recruit email instead?
Congratulations! Anyway, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you go for your interview and Medical?