Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
SQEKwannabe

Post by SQEKwannabe » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 5:01 pm

r u guys goin together ?

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 5:07 pm

catcrazy wrote:
catcrazy wrote:
the bond is pro-rated. even if u quit duirng training, u will have to pay the bond which wld of course be very close to the $13.2 k

18 mths include training and probation
eh sorry correction. i just realised. i blur. its 22mths bond not 18. i think ur friend got 18 coz his training may be 4mths. but now they do it w/i 2.5-3 mths coz they r desperate for CC
my fren told me 18mths is excluding training. if include trainin is 21-22 mths. but she didnt mention if bond include trainin... so ur 22 mths means include training?

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:53 am

oh :cry: i'm so nervous and excited i cant wait for that day to come.. i've already quited my job two weeks ago i really pray my hopes wont go down to the drain .. everyday i goes to friendster to see other friends who already went in .. do hope theres straight cut way to join the crews.. and all of us dun hav tto be disappointments after disappointments..

I BELIEVE I'LL SOAR~

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 5:24 am

dreamzz19 wrote:
my fren told me 18mths is excluding training. if include trainin is 21-22 mths. but she didnt mention if bond include trainin... so ur 22 mths means include training?
yes. we were told that even those who quit during training had to pay the bond

Sofia888

Post by Sofia888 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:14 am

Hi, Is there any circumstances that if you got selected and just waiting for the training and you quit for personal reason do they still accept re application near future? when is the next intake of SQ?

thanks
"Never Let Anything Get In the Way Of Your Destiny.."- View From the Top

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 2:14 pm

charubsu wrote:oh :cry: i'm so nervous and excited i cant wait for that day to come.. i've already quited my job two weeks ago i really pray my hopes wont go down to the drain .. everyday i goes to friendster to see other friends who already went in .. do hope theres straight cut way to join the crews.. and all of us dun hav tto be disappointments after disappointments..

I BELIEVE I'LL SOAR~

u mean u havent' got the call and u've quit your job already?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 3:29 pm

dreamzz19 wrote:anyone w sia can help me w this?
understand that bond is pro rated...but does that include the training and or probation? meaning... if... a big if... if someone quit during d probation period.. do they have to pay the full amount of the bond... or jus the no. of mths left?
some pple told me... is full amt. some sae pro rated....
hope some one can help me. thx a lot...

n btw... 18 months bond is includin trainin n probation???
It will be pro-rated, inclusive of training. :cool:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 7:11 pm

Sofia888 wrote:Hi, Is there any circumstances that if you got selected and just waiting for the training and you quit for personal reason do they still accept re application near future?
That will depend on what is your reason and whether it is accepted, case by case basis, no definite answer to that.

charubsu

Post by charubsu » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:36 am

haha sour ..

i mean i haven't went for the interview yet.. then i quited a stable job recently.. but i dun really like that job cause i long yearn to be a sg cabin crew.. hahaha

soursalad

Post by soursalad » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 1:14 pm

charubsu wrote:haha sour ..

i mean i haven't went for the interview yet.. then i quited a stable job recently.. but i dun really like that job cause i long yearn to be a sg cabin crew.. hahaha
lol okays! Im still waiting for my call :( havent received any news yet....

well all the best ya. You need quite a lot of confidence, be a lil suave and warm :) during the interview

shaky

Post by shaky » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 3:21 pm

charubsu wrote:haha sour ..

hi charubsu, is ur nick a kind of japanese cuisine sounds like haha anyway all the best for the coming interview tho i feel wif a job it may help for ur sia interview but well a tat too late... anyway im jobless too and in the same plight so all the best
the grass is greener on the other side.

Careena

Re: sigh

Post by Careena » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 7:00 pm

soursalad wrote:Hi all, for those of you who got through the 25th and went to employment on the 28th, have you gotten your replies yet? I have not :(

Hi soursalad..me too have not received any news yet...and i went through the same things as yours..its almost 3 weeks already....getting more and more nervous..all of my friends have already started their training... :(
Reality is wrong!Dreams are for real!

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sat, 14 Jun 2008 9:09 pm

Careena wrote:
soursalad wrote:Hi all, for those of you who got through the 25th and went to employment on the 28th, have you gotten your replies yet? I have not :(

Hi soursalad..me too have not received any news yet...and i went through the same things as yours..its almost 3 weeks already....getting more and more nervous..all of my friends have already started their training... :(
yah me too!!!did either of u go for extra tests? i did=( when is ur avaliable date and notice period anyway? mine is 10th jul, 2 weeks notice. i think il get my call earliest week after next.

my friend asked for 3 weeks notice n starting on 30th. she got her call last week

Careena

Post by Careena » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 3:31 am

catcrazy wrote:
Careena wrote:

yah me too!!!did either of u go for extra tests? i did=( when is ur avaliable date and notice period anyway? mine is 10th jul, 2 weeks notice. i think il get my call earliest week after next.

my friend asked for 3 weeks notice n starting on 30th. she got her call last week
Yep i went for second x-ray because they claimed that i got mild scoliosis...Hopefully it is really MILD!!!Mine is only 1 day notice as I've informed my boss and I can leave anytime :) ..Btw what extra test you went for?Ultrasound?
Reality is wrong!Dreams are for real!

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sun, 15 Jun 2008 7:21 am

Careena wrote:Yep i went for second x-ray because they claimed that i got mild scoliosis...Hopefully it is really MILD!!!Mine is only 1 day notice as I've informed my boss and I can leave anytime :) ..Btw what extra test you went for?Ultrasound?
yah breast ultrasound. and i saw the damn lumps la!!