Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Walk-in or write in?

Post by Plavt » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 12:36 am

double e wrote:Was thinking of write-in too. Any idea what should i include for write-in? Have been trying for the walk-in for two times and didn't get in. can i join in for the upcoming walk-in this 22nd?
1 Think what the main aspects of the job are and list them.

2. What is the most common factor? (hint)
:wink:

3. How tolerant are you?

4. Think of your previous skills and see if they match what you have written.

5. Look at yourself: your strengths and weaknesses and think how you would deal with them.

6. Concentrate on words used: there is enough information in this thread regarding previous interviews although I hear the tea-party and water confidence test are no longer used (don't know whether that is true or not)

7. Imagine being on a flight as a passenger to a strange destination a long way away where you don't speak the language and think how you would feel and where and who you would ask questions, imagine the difficulties and then think of the same as a flight attendant. Better still go on a flight if you can.
:wink: My two cents worth.

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 1:29 am

Plavt wrote: 1 Think what the main aspects of the job are and list them.
i might wanna try listing also..
-.-
customer services arent easy..
perhaps my current job trains me well... i hope la..
hehe..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 2:35 am

XiaoBao3 wrote:
i might wanna try listing also..
-.-
customer services arent easy..
perhaps my current job trains me well... i hope la..
hehe..
Be prepared for a lot of lip - they get more abuse than the flight attendants. :( However, it can be an unusual, interesting and rewarding job. Do a lot of thinking in advance. :wink:

double e

Post by double e » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 9:56 pm

charubsu wrote:OH HELLO everybody !

so i guess its..

1)charubsu
2)visualmanic
3)yoshiaki
4)whitepetals
5)vyn
6)galz

anyway my email is [email protected]
hee.. i'm usin my dad's mac i cant use msn.. anything email me
i read it everyday ^^
can i join in?

double e

Post by double e » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 9:57 pm

Plavt wrote:
double e wrote:Was thinking of write-in too. Any idea what should i include for write-in? Have been trying for the walk-in for two times and didn't get in. can i join in for the upcoming walk-in this 22nd?
1 Think what the main aspects of the job are and list them.

2. What is the most common factor? (hint)
:wink:

3. How tolerant are you?

4. Think of your previous skills and see if they match what you have written.

5. Look at yourself: your strengths and weaknesses and think how you would deal with them.

6. Concentrate on words used: there is enough information in this thread regarding previous interviews although I hear the tea-party and water confidence test are no longer used (don't know whether that is true or not)

7. Imagine being on a flight as a passenger to a strange destination a long way away where you don't speak the language and think how you would feel and where and who you would ask questions, imagine the difficulties and then think of the same as a flight attendant. Better still go on a flight if you can.
:wink: My two cents worth.
Thanks plavt. Did you write in before?

double e

Post by double e » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 9:58 pm

dreamzz19 wrote:m jus thinking of tryin to write in. i read tt too. m not so sure of my fren's case but tot jus wan to give it a try. so anyone noes d add? if sia nv reply me b4 d walk in i will go for the walk in.
perhaps we can try writing in together.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:09 pm

double e wrote:
Me? I would never make a flight attendant - to old too fat and in the wrong country. :oops: :oops:

double e

Post by double e » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:06 pm

Plavt wrote:
double e wrote:
Me? I would never make a flight attendant - to old too fat and in the wrong country. :oops: :oops:
okok. any idea how should i start my resume? sorry for asking too much!

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:08 pm

i just send in my normal resume and the applicatn form for write in...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:34 am

Double e see your PM please, don't think the pop up box is working your end.

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 6:22 am

Hi guys! I am sorry for not visiting for so long now. There must be members here who are new and not know me but nvm.
I blog about my employer and it was reported in a major fourm in Singapore (its name i am not allowed to mentioned here due to copyright issue)and i got kicked so hard in my ass. If you visit my blog by clicking my signature below you would know what i mean.I cannot name that forum outright here or else expat forum would delete my post ( aiya so much restriction in Singapore)

My advice is if you want to own a blog and talk about your employer,please do not mention its name. I was silly to have done that.
Now in my blog I have changed my employer's name to Nameless Airlines(NA) I know this may not be the right place for me to whine about my bad experience but just in case you guys become a cabin crew with SQ,do not mention that name in your blog. Ppl who wrote to SIA really sucks!! :x

Sorry about the edit but I think posters can work out which one you mean.

Moderator.
:lol:

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 7:16 am

crystalheart wrote:Hi guys! I am sorry for not visiting for so long now. There must be members here who are new and not know me but nvm.
I blog about my employer and it was reported in a major fourm (its name i am not allowed to mentioned here due to copyright issue)and i got kicked so hard in my ass. If you visit my blog by clicking my signature below you would know what i mean.

My advice is if you want to own a blog and talk about your employer,please do not mention its name. I was silly to have done that.
Now in my blog I have changed my employer's name to Nameless Airlines(NA) I know this may not be the right place for me to whine about my bad experience but just in case you guys become a cabin crew with SQ,do not mention that name in your blog. Ppl who wrote to SIA really sucks!! :x
yes in deed they do!!i hope you're happier now with the boyfriend=). are u really gonna quit flying?

snoo

Post by snoo » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:27 am

hi ppl, im new here! can anyone pm me the email your sent for write in?? i cant seem to find the email anywhere in the website. tia!!

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:53 pm

Hi catcrazy i am Not leaving the airline bcoz my BF is a pilot.We get to fly with each other quite a bit and always have a great time during our n/stops. Of course if I am sacked then there is not much of a choice. Ppl are trying their best to get me into trouble with my employer so i have got to be careful. These keh poh ppl sucks! :(

princessjm

Post by princessjm » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:53 pm

hi people, I'm not a s'porean or m'sian but I'm a PR and was wondering if I can walk in this 22nd for SIA? thanks. =)